Recommend me something to watch!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was rewatching Breaking Bad and it struck me that it’s similar to Kojak, because there’s police in BB and Walter is Bald and Kojak is a bald policeman. 

I’m not normally one for conspiracy theories, but there's a brilliant documentary on BBC2 about Covid. Two Chinese scientists from the Wuhan research centre, where Trump suspects it was engineered, we

You’ve logged into the wrong forum again. 

Posted Images

In the absence of having a funny comment on a topic i invariably link to Stewart Lee's funny comments instead but I recently read Stewart Lee's book that transcribes his top gear routine and comments on it in the footnotes.

Both the routine and the commentary are very funny and very accurately skewer the show.

He's especially harsh on the hamster (not a real hamster) wishing an horrific death on him.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LSNIoSezUEcC&q=Top+gear#v=onepage&q=Hamster&f=false

Both well worth a look.

Finally got round to watching the end of The Fall, it was almost like whoever wrote it ran out of time to finish it properly and just went for the cop out ending. It felt like I was treading water for most of the third season.

Same here. Just finished it and the third season was very poor. Jamie Dornan is dreamy though but.

'Ice cream is for gays' is the type of conversation I had when I was 13 and being a twat in my bedroom with my mates blasting out Nirvana on the ghetto blaster

Clarkson is 56 ffs

Most of this stuff seems to be very deliberate and I think there way to show that they are basically untouchable as far as complaints to Amazon and or OFCOM which followed them around so much during the last few seasons of Top Gear while still getting them headlines for being so outrageous.

Edited by MiddleAgeCool

Most of this stuff seems to be very deliberate and I think there way to show that they are basically untouchable as far as complaints to Amazon and or OFCOM which followed them around so much during the last few seasons of Top Gear while still getting them headlines for being so outrageous.

is being totally fucking shit deliberate too?

I watched the old Botswana top gear special the other day on Dave and not afraid to say I enjoyed it. We all know they're twats but they can make some watchable stuff. Haven't seen their new thing on Amazon - the wife walks out of the room whenever Clarkson comes on.

Anyone watched Horace and Pete yet?

Watched the first 2 the day.  Nowt else like it on telly.  Like Cheers if it was filmed as a stage play without the laugh track and with much more overt racism, sexism, homophobia, f'ing, blinding and cunting.

Not as many laughs as you'd expect from a show written, directed by and starring Louis CK, but the hour long episodes have enough laughs interspersed throughout the more story, character based approach than his last effort.