Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Can't remember what the last season I watched was. 4 or 5. But there was talk of a new season this year which I don't think ever happened. 

.... A quick wiki tells me that season 6 is airing in France now. We'll need the BBC to whack some subtitles on before we can make any sense of it.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Can't remember what the last season I watched was. 4 or 5. But there was talk of a new season this year which I don't think ever happened. 

.... A quick wiki tells me that season 6 is airing in France now. We'll need the BBC to whack some subtitles on before we can make any sense of it.

Had a check and I've seen series 5. It's a good show but I don't think they've ever managed to top the tension of that first series.

It's so long since I've seen it, I can't even recall what season 1 was about. I watched it on your recommendation though, so it says something for your memory that you can. 

It's an absolute outrage that the ginger lass has never got them out once btw. 

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's so long since I've seen it, I can't even recall what season 1 was about. I watched it on your recommendation though, so it says something for your memory that you can. 

It's an absolute outrage that the ginger lass has never got them out once btw. 

:lol: Btw, season 1 starts with the body of the lass in the skip and she's been beaten so badly that her face is virtually unrecognisable. It's all part of a big East European prostitution ring.

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye, I finished it yesterday. Wasn't too bad at all. No doubt if the mothers had super powers then the Fish would already have a 50 page thread going on it.

Now, now. No need for that. Play nice.

:lol:

The Deuce is good by the way. Also thought the last PKD's Electric Dreams 'Human Is' (which I eventually got round to watching after Mindhunter - also good) was the best of the series.

On 04/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, Renton said:

I'm on the last episode of Godless. Think it's one of the best things Netflix has done. Very high production value, Coen brothers like dialogue. Unmissable if you like westerns. 

Been watching this and while I'm only a few episodes in I've got to agree that it's excellent.

Made me wonder we're seeing the beginning of a switch where big production houses will prefer to spend money releasing a high-end TV show (with all the adverts or subscription income), rather than a movie. And thus the beginning of the slow demise of cinema?