Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's on Netflix isn't it? Might give it a go but it's daunting when there are so many series. I was recommended Arrested Development but I just couldn't get into it. 

They're only 20 mins long though

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

More contemporaneously, I like Sharon Horgans stuff, especially catastrophe. Superb. 

She's co-written a new show that's on BBC/iPlayer called Motherland. Only caught a couple of episodes but it's quite promising.

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

The first series of Seinfeld is nearly 30 years old. :o

Personally, I loved it. Far funnier than the likes of Frazier or Friends which it competed with at the time. The thing is, the characters were all intensely dislikable, but that was the point, as alluded to in the final episode. Mind, the cast of friends were equally hideous but this wasn't intentional as far as I can tell. 

More contemporaneously, I like Sharon Horgans stuff, especially catastrophe. Superb. 

george costanza/larry david was/is one of the greatest comedy creations of all time. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

She's co-written a new show that's on BBC/iPlayer called Motherland. Only caught a couple of episodes but it's quite promising.

Aye, watched the first one which was okay.

She also wrote divorce which I've watched some of and was reasonable, although I spent most my time trying to work out what had happened to Sarah Jessica Parker's face. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Aye, watched the first one which was okay.

She also wrote divorce which I've watched some of and was reasonable, although I spent most my time trying to work out what had happened to Sarah Jessica Parker's face. 

I think she looks as good as ever.

ea0286ce3a5f9d5fdccc63ca546ed27c--pretty

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye forgot about Always Sunny. 

Fish, do you like Adele? She wins all the Grammys.

Some of her big hits are undeniably good tunes, but I don't buy her albums or owt.

Plus the Grammys are so political.

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

Didn't know anything about Glow so looked it up - Wrestling - really? 

It's as much about Wrestling as Frasier is about Psychotherapy.

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

I'm sure Glow used be on sky when we first had it in the early 90's.  Seem to remember it was a show I used to watch in private along with Tutti Frutti on RTL.

And Eurotrash?

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

I'm sure Glow used be on sky when we first had it in the early 90's.  Seem to remember it was a show I used to watch in private along with Tutti Frutti on RTL.

Which reminds me - Herman's Head.

35 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Wasn't Eurotrash on at some ridiculously early time?  Or am I getting mixed up with Rapido?

Aye, ET was late. After The Word ( :lol: ) mebbies.

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Great song. She should have taken a shit on the drums though if she was trying to be rock n roll. Waddling off stage with your pants round your ankles kinda kills he vibe 

Shut up, you would have been all over those panties if you’d been in the crowd 

• Like 2