Nufc appeal Seb's red card

paddy

As an aside, I think (as much as anything) Viduka's goal being disallowed was down to that cunt Poll making such a song and dance about Taylor's goal / Nolan's 'foul' v Boro.

Just watched it again - there's fuck all wrong with it and Schwarzer used it to his advantage IMO.

Anyone remember what Mick Quinn did to Jim Leighton in the FA Cup game against Man United back in 1990? Now that was obstruction AND he got away with it <_<

Was that Quinn? I seemed to remember it being Kevin Scott (hazily) but I remember the incident. Blatant :(

Kevin Scott scored the goal but only after Quinny did the old schoolboy trick of crouching down behind Leighton's legs so when he went up for the corner with Scott he fell back over Quinny when he landed....

I don't know what was funnier, the fact that it was given or the sight of Leighton and Ferguson fuming at the referee. Leighton chased him all the way back to the centre circle IIRC :(

Remembered it the other way round. They won 3-2, aye? Danny Wallace?

Aye that was the one. Mark Robins scored the first (wasn't he supposed to be the big thing back then?)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll is a fucking arsehole. You'd think after making such a twat of himself on the world stage that he'd be keeping his head down. The idiot was claiming Beye's card was legitimate too. That's why it got rescinded Poll, you clueless prick.

It was the Beye incident that made me think of him but he's been banging on about the Nolan thing in his column. He gets on Radio 5 a lot too. Apart from anything he comes across as an arrogant prick as well. I know being a top ref isn't easy but the best ones usually realise the crowd haven't come to watch them.

Aye he works for 5 Live, Setanta and the Daily Mail. No worse than ex-players becoming pundits I suppose but I can´t see the attraction in them being there solely to give their opinions on refereeing decisions.

Guest alex
As an aside, I think (as much as anything) Viduka's goal being disallowed was down to that cunt Poll making such a song and dance about Taylor's goal / Nolan's 'foul' v Boro.

Just watched it again - there's fuck all wrong with it and Schwarzer used it to his advantage IMO.

Anyone remember what Mick Quinn did to Jim Leighton in the FA Cup game against Man United back in 1990? Now that was obstruction AND he got away with it <_<

Was that Quinn? I seemed to remember it being Kevin Scott (hazily) but I remember the incident. Blatant :(

Kevin Scott scored the goal but only after Quinny did the old schoolboy trick of crouching down behind Leighton's legs so when he went up for the corner with Scott he fell back over Quinny when he landed....

I don't know what was funnier, the fact that it was given or the sight of Leighton and Ferguson fuming at the referee. Leighton chased him all the way back to the centre circle IIRC :(

Remembered it the other way round. They won 3-2, aye? Danny Wallace?

Aye that was the one. Mark Robins scored the first (wasn't he supposed to be the big thing back then?)

Supposed to have been a fantastic finisher in training. Scored a few goals that season in their cup run iirc. Ended up at Norwich then his career just seemed to go nowhere.

Guest alex
Poll is a fucking arsehole. You'd think after making such a twat of himself on the world stage that he'd be keeping his head down. The idiot was claiming Beye's card was legitimate too. That's why it got rescinded Poll, you clueless prick.

It was the Beye incident that made me think of him but he's been banging on about the Nolan thing in his column. He gets on Radio 5 a lot too. Apart from anything he comes across as an arrogant prick as well. I know being a top ref isn't easy but the best ones usually realise the crowd haven't come to watch them.

Aye he works for 5 Live, Setanta and the Daily Mail. No worse than ex-players becoming pundits I suppose but I can´t see the attraction in them being there solely to give their opinions on refereeing decisions.

I suppose it's the self-publicists who are going to move into that area. As Gemmill says though, you'd think he'd keep his head down after the way his career ended.

Guest alex
Credited with saving Fergies Man U career iirc.

I think that was against Norwich. Or was it Forest? <_< That season in the cup anyway (3rd round iirc).

I think that was against Norwich. Or was it Forest? <_< That season in the cup anyway (3rd round iirc).

Didn't he score in every round except the final? :(

Mind you, so did John Byrne 2 years later :(

Aye, third round against Forest.

Guest alex

Didn't he score in every round except the final? :(

Mind you, so did John Byrne 2 years later :(

I was at Heaton Stannington that day watching the cup final and someone actually did ring some social club in Sunderland and asked to speak to a Michael Thomas. Happy days.

Guest alex

Aye, third round against Forest.

Possibly apocryphal but imagine how much that goal changed history if it's true.

Thank fuck Jeff Winter´s media career hasn´t taken off in the way he had envisaged.

His website is fantastic. He'll respond to any e-mail you send him ;)

Poor sod must be short of work.

I agree - perfectly good goal.

I agree - perfectly good goal.

Shame you can't appeal goals really :good:

I wonder if you can pursue an appeal through other legal means?

If both us and Hull lose on Sunday then there is an arguement that says we get relegated because of that decision. Can you imagine in your job if you got something wrong that ended up costing someone 50 million pounds?

If both us and Hull lose on Sunday then there is an arguement that says we get relegated because of that decision. Can you imagine in your job if you got something wrong that ended up costing someone 50 million pounds?

easy argument "one decision does not make a season"

that and government/legal bodies are always reluctant to interfere with sports that have there own governing bodies to deal with things like this

so basically don't kid yourself no one is coming to our magical rescue, we must do the business on sunday

Howay man, we're not Sheffield United. If we get relegated on Sunday it'll be because we've been shite over 38 games - NOT because of one refereeing decision. There'll be as many decisions that have unfairly gone our way as there are that have gone against us over the course of the season.

Next you'll be wanting to take SAF to court for fielding his kids against Hull. It's not his fault which clubs are in the positions they're in...

Howay man, we're not Sheffield United. If we get relegated on Sunday it'll be because we've been shite over 38 games - NOT because of one refereeing decision. There'll be as many decisions unfairly gone our way as there is go against us over the course of the season.

Next you'll be wanting to take SAF to court for fielding his kids against Hull. It's not his fault which clubs are in the positions they're in...

that said he should have to field a resonable strength team IMO it shows a big flaw in the league system when there is a game as important as this to 3 clubs and so many many people and the opposition could just field some kids, no first teamers jut to save them for another competition when us and the mackems (who are in a similar position to hull with chelsea playing in the fa cup final soon) have had to play man u at their devastating best and earn what little we got from them

Howay man, we're not Sheffield United. If we get relegated on Sunday it'll be because we've been shite over 38 games - NOT because of one refereeing decision. There'll be as many decisions unfairly gone our way as there is go against us over the course of the season.

that said he should have to field a resonable strength team IMO it shows a big flaw in the league system when there is a game as important as this to 3 clubs and so many many people and the opposition could just field some kids, no first teamers jut to save them for another competition when us and the mackems (who are in a similar position to hull with chelsea playing in the fa cup final soon) have had to play man u at their devastating best and earn what little we got from them

So long as they're registered, he should be able to play who he likes tbh. Like I said, we're in this position because of ourselves - christ, every result for the last month has largely gone our way so we can't start pointing finger elsewhere.

If we'd beaten Pompey and not lost to Fulham, we wouldn't be in this predicament. Harsh but fair.

Guest alex

We played Man Utd away at an opportune time etc., other teams will have played the top four two days before / three days after huge CL matches and so on. That's the random nature of the fixtures. Tough shit.