Is Garth Crooks off his tits?

smoggeordie

He has Coloccini on the bench for his "team of the week"

He was all over the place yesterday as per usual. If we get a 3m plus offer i'd take it for our WOW man.

Edited by smoggeordie

Garth Crooks is off his face, his tits and his tree. He seems to watch a totally different match to the rest of humanity, even a blind women in Thailand who has never seen a football match in her life could have picked a better team of the week...

Guest alex

I think after a shaky start he just 'cheated' and kept out the way, if you know what I mean. Sums Crooks up tbh. Clueless.

Guest Stevie
Garth Crooks is off his face, his tits and his tree. He seems to watch a totally different match to the rest of humanity, even a blind women in Thailand who has never seen a football match in her life could have picked a better team of the week...

:lol:

• 4 years later...

GOALKEEPER - JOE HART (Manchester City)

Joe Hart's save from Newcastle's Loic Remy that took City back to the top of the table was one that might, in the final analysis, win them the title.

As for the first-half controversy over Newcastle's disallowed goal, Hart clearly felt that his sight of the ball had been impeded by Newcastle's Yoan Gouffran. Referee Mike Jones agreed with him, but on these matters I tend to share the view of Liverpool's most charismatic manager, the late Bill Shankly, who famously said that "if a player is not interfering with play then he shouldn't be on the pitch".

DEFENDER - ASHLEY COLE (Chelsea)

He has been my favourite full-back for a generation. His performance against Hull suggested the England international is back to his best, and he will need to be with Everton's Leighton Baines breathing down his neck for a first-team spot in the national side. The backheel by Cole for Eden Hazard to score Chelsea's first was wonderful.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25704476

The google eyed freak is a joke. One save and Hart gets in his team of the week despite being a cheating prick that was rooted to the spot for a 30 yard shot from the worst striker of a ball in the league :D

..and I watched the Hull Chelsea game. Cole was tortured at left back. He was left for dead 4 times in the first 20 minutes.

Crooks is a moron, presumably kept on by the BBC for some special needs quota they are obliged to fill.

His “team of the week” involves choosing some players (as many English as possible) from the teams that won games. Usually, this means all of the midfielders and strikers have scored whilst the keeper will have pulled off a “for the cameras” style save.

He has no real objective or thought-provoking comments to made.

My image of his desk at the BBC is very much like the desk of Milton in Office Space. One day someone is going to steal his stapler and there will be a fire at the BBC that nobody can explain.

My image of his desk at the BBC is very much like the desk of Milton in Office Space. One day someone is going to steal his stapler and there will be a fire at the BBC that nobody can explain.

:lol:

:lol: He's a complete joke man, always has been and will be. It's laughable when they put him on tv and he sits there looking confused. I like the Milton comparison :lol: .

He clearly doesn't watch the games to select his team of the week. Just another shambolic employee of the BBC.

Someone from here linked it into the Other Games thread a while ago, but this is indicative of his insanity:

FORWARD - WAYNE ROONEY (Man Utd)

I was speaking to my uncle Ben on Saturday and said that Aaron Ramsey was almost certain to be the unanimous choice for footballer of the year. He took the glass of champagne out of my hand and said: 'You mean Wayne Rooney, don't you?' I told him that he had made a very good point and promptly went home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25179631

Edited by ADP

It's his smugness that bothers me most. As if he's imparting some incredible insight and we're all so very lucky he's around to break it down into laymen terms.

I know media outlets need controversy to encourage debate, but Hey Zeus Wept

He does genuinely crack on sometimes like he is off his tits though. His behaviour is just a bit odd, and often not in keeping with the discussion at the time. For instance, he will just burst in every now and again as if someone has just offended his dead mother, while other presenters are discussing a very meek topic. I remember a few weeks ago they were all having a laugh on the bbc red button coverage and he just turned to the presenter dead pan as fuck:

(Everyone laughs together in good humour)

GC: You just called me the wrong name.

Presenter: I did!? (continues to laugh)

GC: Don't ever do that again... ever.

(Silence)

Presenter: There's been a debatable corner decision at Doncaster!