The potential new number nine

Flair

Don't rule out a move for Dean Ashton. Awful run with injuries which has got West Ham in a position where they're keen to flog him on the cheap.

Could do a job IMO.

Think we need a good old pro who is big and can do the job in the championship, however if we don't unearth a cm or some great wingers, it won't matter who is upfront.

The most depressing thing for me next season would be a starting line up that included duff, jonas, butt or Nolan.

I wouldn't mind if we still had Jonas..could we not play him more through the middle?

If Shearer stays on, there's no way in hell he's giving Shola the number 9 shirt.

If JFK comes back though... :lol:

I hope you're right. Considering the man wore it himself three years ago (has it really been that long?!) you'd like to think whoever else wore the shirt would be worthy of it.

Agreed re:Martins. He could have been our saviour, but wayward finishing and a complete lack of intelligence(on the pitch) have done us no favours.

He passes the (short)ball well and can hold it up, but for a player with such a burst of pace, he just doesn't know how to use it. Imagine what Owen would have been like for the last 2 seasons with his pace.

Edited by Barney

Imo Jermaine Beckford could be the man to get us back up. Too much of a gamble for the Premiership clubs but would jump at the chance to join us imagine. Him and Carroll could be quite handy together

Carroll still seems really raw as a footballer. He can put himself about though, and seems to give a shit, which seems to be more than some of them.

I'm no sure how good he'll be as a starting striker in the Championship. Cracking opportunity for him, Kadar, Luax2, Tozer, Vucinic, etc.

Also, Xisco FTW.

Imo Jermaine Beckford could be the man to get us back up. Too much of a gamble for the Premiership clubs but would jump at the chance to join us imagine. Him and Carroll could be quite handy together

Throw in delph as well and we will be fine

Throw in delph as well and we will be fine

I think a Premiership club will go in for Delph

Fucking hell, how depressing was it typing that?

Edited by Sima

I think funds have been put aside for Dean Windass

They've been blown away apparently. :o

Just heard Windass turned us down, freeing up the transfer money for a fish and chip supper for the directors :lol:

Don't rule out a move for Dean Ashton. Awful run with injuries which has got West Ham in a position where they're keen to flog him on the cheap.

Could do a job IMO.

Crossed my mind as well. Last thing we need is another crock tho.