Wise is as much to blame as Ashley.

Park Life

After all he was the Director of football and the one responsible for Jonas and Collo and the one giving advice over a vast array of day to day footballing matters (selling of players??). Yet he seems to have slinked off just at the right time. Ashley has been negligent and naive regarding running a football club, but Wise surely had been in the game long enough?

*KK leaving as well.

Of course he shoulders some of the blame. A totally ignorant attitude to signing players with regards to getting some depth in. If he had a fucking brain in his head, he'd have signed some defensive cover.

Aye.

DW was sneaky as well cause he kept ducking behind his cover or only responsible for the youth side, when to all intents and purposes he was clearly MA's main touchstone.

MA's single biggest problem is that he came into this knowing fuck all about running a football club. He then brought in a number of people to advise him. Unfortunately, many of these people were fucking idiots, trying to get a management structure to work despite other clubs trying and failing at the same structure. To me, Wise is one of the idiots. His will, I am sure, have had MA's ear and MA will have acted accordingly.

I am sure MA did not want us relegated, did not want us to have so many changes in manager and did not want to have a backlash due to the inept way the club was ran. But he did, the buck must stop at him no matter how badly advised he was.

I run my business, if we make a big fuck up, sure I can blame someone and take appropriate action, but at the end of the day it is me who people will look at for the fuck up and its often me who will contact a customer and apologise and explain/put things right.

Guest alex

His role was possibly bigger than KK's at the club. Totally incompetent. I suppose you have to question why the fat bastard thought the poisoned dwarf was qualified for the job. Other than being his mate that is.

His role was possibly bigger than KK's at the club. Totally incompetent. I suppose you have to question why the fat bastard thought the poisoned dwarf was qualified for the job. Other than being his mate that is.

Mini me syndrome?

The useless cunt has slunk off with fucking millions out of this as well. At least we have the fact that Ashley has lost a fuckton of money over this debacle. Wise has fucked the club, driven Keegan out, brought in spectacularly bad signings even by our standards and strolled off whistling

shortarse cunt

I made this point on N-O - his job title was Executive Director (Football) and he sat on the board - that means he is/was ultimately responsible for the football "results" of the club - on that basis he is more culpable than Llambias but imo not as culpable as the man who appointed and backed him.

You can't give someone that title as a board member and then pretend his duties are limited to youth and/or other player recruitment.

Ashley is to blame, no-one else imo. It was Ashley who had his ear burnt and his head turned by folk who knew nowt about running a football club, therefore it is his responsibility for not getting expert advice from someone who did have the knowledge. Just like it was his fault for not doing the due diligence when buying the club and ended up with a financial morass on his hands.

Ashley is to blame, no-one else imo. It was Ashley who had his ear burnt and his head turned by folk who knew nowt about running a football club, therefore it is his responsibility for not getting expert advice from someone who did have the knowledge. Just like it was his fault for not doing the due diligence when buying the club and ended up with a financial morass on his hands.

+1

Spot on. Yes, Wise is a poisoned dwarf with a Napoleon syndrom, but it's Ashley who's appointed him.

Edited by KingKev

Spot on. Yes, Wise is a posisoned dwarf with a Napoleon syndrom, but it's Ashley who's appointed him.

I don't blame Wise too much, ultimately he was just following Ashleys orders, and it was Ashleys fault that he appointed the incompetant loon and heeded his advice.

Guest alex

Also I wonder how much Wise was working to orders, as it were, regarding the sort of players he could bring in. Anyway, I agree about where the ultimate responsibility lies.

Also I wonder how much Wise was working to orders, as it were, regarding the sort of players he could bring in. Anyway, I agree about where the ultimate responsibility lies.

Collo £10m

Xisco £5m

Jonas £6m

Whatever his orders were, that £20M could have been better spent in co-operation with Keegan.

More likely that people were milking the club. I'd like to know who received what under the table for signing this pile of shite. No wonder wise is laughing the little cunt.

Anyone have a reliable figure of what ( if any) pay off the little :lol: is getting?

More likely that people were milking the club. I'd like to know who received what under the table for signing this pile of shite. No wonder wise is laughing the little cunt.

Anyone have a reliable figure of what ( if any) pay off the little :lol: is getting?

He had at least a year (maybe two) left on his contract and I've heard somewhere that he was on around a million per year, can't remember was it an article or forum rumours though.

He was on £1.5M a year and I think he had a 2 year contract.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-boardroom.html

So he got £3m for what time he did.

Guest alex

Collo £10m

Xisco £5m

Jonas £6m

Whatever his orders were, that £20M could have been better spent in co-operation with Keegan.

Of course but 5m isn't much for a striker and I think they thought they'd just have to pay Jonas out of his contract if you see what I mean. I'm not saying I'm happy with how those 3 turned out.

Spot on. Yes, Wise is a posisoned dwarf with a Napoleon syndrom, but it's Ashley who's appointed him.

I don't blame Wise too much, ultimately he was just following Ashleys orders, and it was Ashleys fault that he appointed the incompetant loon and heeded his advice.

What orders?

He was on £1.5M a year and I think he had a 2 year contract.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-boardroom.html

So he got £3m for what time he did.

Little Bastard :lol:

Wonder what Shearer will be on by comparison?