Newcastle United - "Tedious soap opera"

Happy Face

Not at all.

I think we turn on managers we don't and didn't want.

I think we're had bad managers thrust upon us, we've given them a shot, then when results have gone awry we've made it clear.

Who here genuinely wanted Gullit, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear, even Keegan's second stint?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is, it's because we're now such low expectation having mother fuckers that we see Shearer as the only answer.

Ask anyone on here if they wanted Shearer after Roeder...or Allardyce....or even Keegan and the majority would have said no.

It's because we realise full well that even Roy Hodgson (who's used as the sort of guy we should get) wouldn't leave Fulham to manage Newcastle, that we're desparate to hold onto what little we can....because if Shearer goes we're back with kinnear.

How can that be deemed to be living on myths, dreams and beer?

Syed's got form for writing trash like this. He knows precisely fuck all about football and is no more than a glorified WUM. Everyone's well aware that any manager given his first job is a gamble; he writes as though this has escaped the notice of the whole of Newcastle, which only underlines what a fuckwit he is.

Not at all.

I think we're had bad managers thrust upon us, we've given them a shot, then when results have gone awry we've made it clear.

Who here genuinely wanted Gullit, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear, even Keegan's second stint?

:lol: good points, I don't feel we are the worst offenders in answer to your question Trophy. I see Liverpool fans booing rafa this at a time they were top of the table, a man that has led them to European cups very recently, a man that just weeks previous was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I see Arsenal fans calling for Wengers head totally laughable. In recent memory Man utd fans (albeit probably not lads from stretford etc) calling for Fergie to be sacked. We do change our minds quickly from time to time however it's definately no more than other football fans.

Not at all.

:lol: good points, I don't feel we are the worst offenders in answer to your question Trophy. I see Liverpool fans booing rafa this at a time they were top of the table, a man that has led them to European cups very recently, a man that just weeks previous was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I see Arsenal fans calling for Wengers head totally laughable. In recent memory Man utd fans (albeit probably not lads from stretford etc) calling for Fergie to be sacked. We do change our minds quickly from time to time however it's definately no more than other football fans.

correct.

Have Wolves fans not thought that the great club they support should have been in the Prem permanently? Of course they did. Arrogance? Not for me.

Do Sheff Wed and Blades fans not believe they are big enough to be in the Prem? Of course they do. Arrogance? Not for me.

Have Leicester and Leeds fans believed they had no right being in the third division? Of course they did. Arrogance? Not for me.

We have thought that we deserve to be in the top division and challenging for honours. Arrogance? Apparently yes.

correct.

Have Wolves fans not thought that the great club they support should have been in the Prem permanently? Of course they did. Arrogance? Not for me.

Do Sheff Wed and Blades fans not believe they are big enough to be in the Prem? Of course they do. Arrogance? Not for me.

Have Leicester and Leeds fans believed they had no right being in the third division? Of course they did. Arrogance? Not for me.

We have thought that we deserve to be in the top division and challenging for honours. Arrogance? Apparently yes.

Good post

correct.

Good post

Its true aswell though - other clubs are deemed aspirational were just labelled as deluded losers

I've really enjoyed reading so many articles systematically writing off Shearer as a manager while labasting us for our impatience with previous incumbents.

So what if he's got no experience? Where is he going to get it? Paul Ince did a decent job at Macclesfield and MK Dons and that didn't help him in the slightest as he was dumped by Blackburn in double quick time.

Shearer could be a terrible manager for us- but I don't see anyone else out there who I could say 'he'd be nailed on to do well'. It's a calculated gamble with any untried manager.

It grates that the outside world generally reckons the support for Shearer is because we are being led by a Messainic figure. Could it just be that he is the best man for the job? I don't see the great and the good lining up and chomping at the bit to take the job- otherwise we'd never have ended up with Joe fucking Kinnear. Shearer will be in touch with the attitudes of the players and it didn't take him long to suggest something was up.

All these articles claiming appointing Shearer would be a mistake- where are the alternatives? I've heard very few suggestions from these writers who think they have a clear grasp of what needs to be done at SJP. Of course there are no names. All they can do is snipe.

Syed should stick to writing about ping pong.

Edited by Matt

Its all speculation but its dressed up as fact - he has no idea how shearer will perform in the same way that we didn't with keegan first time round and fwiw roy hodgson was hardly flavour of the month until he had a good season just gone - now everyone reckons he is better than fergie - there are hundreds of examples when its turned to shite for perfectly respected managers at various clubs but when it comes to us its the fans fault cos they drink brown ale, are fat, have ugly women, are thick, have tattoos whatever its bollocks and totally uncalled for

one good thing about us going down (hopefully), might be a lack of interest in us by the media and fewer of these ill informed and cliched articles

Does anyone else think we should stop posting these articles? I don't mind reading well written stuff about us but this kind of dross just gives attention to people who are just looking for a reaction.

I doubt it, they are obsessed, just like those fans of smaller clubs that constantly say we aren't a big club.

:lol:

If this gormless titwitch spent less time regurgitating shite from his fellow hacks, and spent half an hour reading the responses in here, he'd realize what a disgrace he was to his "profession".

If, as mentioned before, our untried inexperienced " Messiah" does even remotely as well as Guardiola, Syed should be force fed every copy of this ignorant nonsense ever sold.

Wanker.

Guest Stevie

I spoke to the Assistant Sports Editor called Adrian Drummond, who was a very fair bloke, I said it's articles like this which stop people from buying your paper, I said he exploited every myth going about Newcastle United and I said "I'll tell you now and I don't mean to be crude but the guy is an absolute arsehole" interestingly he laughed, and didn't say he's a canny bloke or nothing. He then said Newcastle fans demanded Sam Allardyce's removal, which got my back up, I said did you see the game at Stoke where 4000 toon fans travelled down on a Sunday night and gave the bloke a standing ovation for getting in to their box once, again he couldn't say anything. It appears to me that there so many ignorant people in sports journalism amd I closed by telling him that Syed had nothing to say so he wrote drivel as he did about 6 months ago, but the bloke Adrian I couldn't abuse him too much as he seemed a reasonable bloke trying to his job, but my thoughts were being coveyed to the sports editor, and he invited me to write a reply in The Times.

I spoke to the Assistant Sports Editor called Adrian Drummond, who was a very fair bloke, I said it's articles like this which stop people from buying your paper, I said he exploited every myth going about Newcastle United and I said "I'll tell you now and I don't mean to be crude but the guy is an absolute arsehole" interestingly he laughed, and didn't say he's a canny bloke or nothing. He then said Newcastle fans demanded Sam Allardyce's removal, which got my back up, I said did you see the game at Stoke where 4000 toon fans travelled down on a Sunday night and gave the bloke a standing ovation for getting in to their box once, again he couldn't say anything. It appears to me that there so many ignorant people in sports journalism amd I closed by telling him that Syed had nothing to say so he wrote drivel as he did about 6 months ago, but the bloke Adrian I couldn't abuse him too much as he seemed a reasonable bloke trying to his job, but my thoughts were being coveyed to the sports editor, and he invited me to write a reply in The Times.

*standing ovation* :lol: :lol:

Can't see much wrong with tha article. Don't think Shearer is the answer either. You need to give an experienced manager @ Hodgson or similar a few seasons and you will be turned around. Unfortunatly you are basically run by yourselves with a muppet as a chairman.

It's not just about about cutting wages and rebuilding an overpaid shite squad, you need a leader and a motivator. You need someone who can take you through the championship trenches and I doubt anybody except Newcastle fans believe Shearer is the answer.

Who do you suggest/Who would come?

Cracking stuff Stevie.

I don't get this fans forcing allardyce out thing from what I remember we tried our hardest to get him sacked to no avail and then just as we were starting to think "fuck it he's staying just get behind them" he was sacked.