Jermaine beckford

ryanward

scored for fun in league one and has pace which we really lack, not sure about the pricetag but I'd certainly have him here

Dont understand this transfer target bollocks like, considering the club is up for sale, so therefore no finacial backing and we don't have a pernament manager!?

Confused.com

Dont understand this transfer target bollocks like, considering the club is up for sale, so therefore no finacial backing and we don't have a pernament manager!?

Confused.com

:D

Confused.com

;):D

never again

I don't see us buying anyone until we either have a new owner, or fatty gives up the sale and puts some money INTO the club.

and without a confirmed manager, we'll definitely not be looking at anyone.

another case of no players in, but a few out! same old same old.

Edited by Angelus71

Leeds United: Becks on Toon wish list

By Leon Wobschall

Championship big guns Newcastle United have Jermaine Beckford in their sights – and have jumped to the front of the queue in the race for his signature.

The transfer-listed Leeds United forward, who plundered 34 goals last term, is high up on Toon's wish-list following their relegation to football's second tier.

With the likes of Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and Mark Viduka expected to leave for pastures new, signing fresh striking blood is considered a top priority for prospective boss Alan Shearer, as the Magpies aim to bounce back to the Premiership at the first attempt.

Beckford, who first flourished at Leeds under ex-Whites boss and former Newcastle director of football Dennis Wise, has been watched by the Magpies several times in the past.

And his name is understood to figure prominently on the club's list of summer targets.

The Magpies are confident their status as comfortably the biggest Championship draw will tip the scales when it comes to enticing new recruits for next term – despite the uncertainty regarding their ownership and managerial situation.

And the signs are that Beckford is prepared to wait for Newcastle to firm up their interest before taking the plunge with a rival suitor – if and when Leeds accept a bid.

Several other clubs, most notably Middlesbrough, Coventry City and Sheffield United have also been linked with Beckford.

Whites chairman Ken Bates stated earlier this week that United haven't yet received any firm offers for the prolific striker.

Beckford recently rejected a new three-deal with his current contract due to expire next summer – when he can walk away for nothing – with Leeds placing him on the transfer list.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leed...Toon.5333453.jp

Smacks of the club trying to tout him about to big clubs so when he does go (where ever) he commands a big fee.

Gangster Bramble/Titus/Jenas style cunt. Not cant play football Nolan/Smith style cunt

different people or is that just whats hes calling himself these days? :icon_lol:

On a side note, hes meant to be a total cunt

Aye I've heard that from a lot of people round Leeds, lots of comparisons with Dyers attitude, still seems a canny player.

I saw him a couple of times last season and he scored two or three but I wasn't over impressed. He put a lot in the stands and missed some easier chances than he scored putting him a lot closer to martins than an andy cole.

Hopefully I just caught him on off days and his overall game is a lot better than it appeared.

I saw him a couple of times last season and he scored two or three but I wasn't over impressed. He put a lot in the stands and missed some easier chances than he scored putting him a lot closer to martins than an andy cole.

Hopefully I just caught him on off days and his overall game is a lot better than it appeared.

We'd be better of trying to get Snodgrass or Delph, though the latter will probably go somewhere much better.