Michael Jackson

Angelus71

Sony BMG have signed a 10 Album / 7 year deal with the Jackson estate for $250 million, but what the fuck are they hoping to release? Obviously they can rehash the back catalogue & maybe do another few “Greatest Hits” but the focus seems to be on all the unreleased material with a ‘new’ album being released in November, all the crap that Jacko didn’t finish, all the shite that wasn’t good enough for Jacko to release himself, all the cack that should’ve been buried or burnt with the cunts rotting corpse. Why fuck you Sony, fuck you very much.

“In other news Sony BMG have announced that they’ll be releasing a 12 Album Gary Glitter compendium for the kids, release is slated for Christmas when all the idiots are out blindly buying anything.” (By the way this last sentence was libellous bullshit made up for comedy effect, that is why it is in italics & “quotes”).

http://lesac.wordpress.com/

:razz:

:D

The crap he DID release was bad enough.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remastered albums, probably.

Wouldn't the record company that released them already have the rights to those releases? I.e. be able to re-issue them as remasters?

Aye, I suppose the nerdy 30-something weirdos that still thought everything he did was great will buy it. 7 albums though? JTFWTBH.

Remastered albums, probably.

Wouldn't the record company that released them already have the rights to those releases? I.e. be able to re-issue them as remasters?

You might be right, aye. I'm just struggling to think of how they could release that much "new" stuff. It's not a situation like Tupac where he went into the studio and recorded a ton of material before he died.

Sony BMG have signed a 10 Album / 7 year deal with the Jackson estate for $250 million, but what the fuck are they hoping to release? Obviously they can rehash the back catalogue & maybe do another few “Greatest Hits” but the focus seems to be on all the unreleased material with a ‘new’ album being released in November, all the crap that Jacko didn’t finish, all the shite that wasn’t good enough for Jacko to release himself, all the cack that should’ve been buried or burnt with the cunts rotting corpse. Why fuck you Sony, fuck you very much.

“In other news Sony BMG have announced that they’ll be releasing a 12 Album Gary Glitter compendium for the kids, release is slated for Christmas when all the idiots are out blindly buying anything.” (By the way this last sentence was libellous bullshit made up for comedy effect, that is why it is in italics & “quotes”).

Err, with a career as long as his and with the amount of time spent in studios there is easily 2/3 albums worth of unreleased songs. As to the quality who knows. The other thing is that he was a notorious perfectionist so I'd wager there is plenty of good stuff unreleased that perhaps didn't meet his exacting and mad standards.

I'd buy a remix album of the big tracks if some name mixers were involved.

Edited by Park Life

He's been awful since the 80s man. This'll be fucking tripe-laden. Plus, imagine how much filler (good album that :D ) will be on them if they're planning to do 10. They're not going to stick all the 'good' stuff on the first couple, are they?

Aye, I suppose the nerdy 30-something weirdos that still thought everything he did was great will buy it. 7 albums though? JTFWTBH.

Err, with a career as long as his and with the amount of time spent in studios there is easily 2/3 albums worth of unreleased songs. As to the quality who knows. The other thing is that he was a notorious perfectionist so I'd wager there is plenty of good stuff unreleased that perhaps didn't meet his exacting and mad standards.

I'd buy a remix album of the big tracks if some name mixers were involved.

None of it deemed good enough to be put on Invincible though....which was shit.

You can already get his classic albums with extras that weren't on the original. My version of Off The Wall has 6 or 7 extra tracks.

I like his a lot of his stuff, you don't think everything he did, especially in recent years, was great do you? If so, the above applies :D

Trust me there is a ton of stuff lying around on old 8-track. At a rough guess I'd say about between 30-50. He was notorious for recording 16-17 tracks and releasing 8-9.

Billboard reported last week that Jackson had been at work on both a new pop album, his first since 2001's Invincible, and an instrumental album of classical music.

Veteran engineer and producer Bruce Swedien, a longtime Jackson and Quincy Jones colleague who worked on Off the Wall and Thriller, says he and Jackson had "experimented" with classical music but had "a bunch of things in the works" in more of a pop vein. "There were pieces of music that I think would have been wonderful."

Swedien, whose book In the Studio With Michael Jackson arrives July 27, describes one unreleased song, Don't Be Messin' Around, as "a medium-tempo piece, with Jackson playing piano. And he does it well."

Others point to older recordings. Tommy Mottola, formerly head of Sony Music, Jackson's record company, says the singer accumulated a lot of material that never left the studio. And Queen guitarist Brian May revealed on his website after the superstar's death that he and Freddie Mercury had recorded tracks at Jackson's home.

Sony says Jackson had been in talks for eight months about a 30th anniversary edition of Off theWall that would pair him with other stars, as with the 25th anniversary edition of Thriller. The label says it has no plans to unveil new or repackaged songs.

That hasn't discouraged speculation.

"Of course they're going to put stuff out," says veteran music critic J.D. Considine, who writes for The Globe and Mail in Toronto. "I would be extraordinarily surprised if we didn't have some kind of elaborate box set in time for Christmas."

Former Spin and Vibe editor Alan Light would advise anyone seeking to represent Jackson's work, particularly the unreleased music, "to be careful what context it's presented in." When rapper Notorious B.I.G. died, "songs were rebuilt and reconstructed around scraps. You can do that, but Michael Jackson was a perfectionist.

"I'd argue it wouldn't serve his memory or his creative legacy to just dump stuff out there."

But Mottola says that while Sony "packaged and repac

Edited by Park Life

Aye, plenty material, but it'll be shit.

It will be bought though due to circumstances.

Now there's a euphemism for "mindless idiocy" I haven't encountered before.

Basically the point I already made.

Now there's a euphemism for "mindless idiocy" I haven't encountered before.

You have seen his family and estate holders?

Yeah but you tend to speak in Kaiser Soze. Just clearing it up for the knuckle draggers on here. :D

Yeah but you tend to speak in Kaiser Soze. Just clearing it up for the knuckle draggers on here. :razz:

I tend to speak in Kaiser Soze? :D

Jacksons alive hes in a cave with Elvis and 2pac.

By the way whos the boss? I want to be a moderator. I'll start free of charge first 2 weeks then I want £30 a week.

Edited by kockhead