Mark Hughes

Park Life

Seems to be enjoying these press conferences. Almost smirking he was next to Tevez.

Can't blame him, what sort of players was he able to get in at Blackburn? Don't suppose his wages are too bad these days either.

Seems to be enjoying these press conferences. Almost smirking he was next to Tevez.

Can't blame him, what sort of players was he able to get in at Blackburn? Don't suppose his wages are too bad these days either.

You reckon he's got the minerals to pull this off?

I think he'll be a canny bet for first PL manager to be sacked

Nah, he won't deliver what they want. Still a good manager but not a big enough ego imo.

He's playing with someone elses toys if you ask me and deep down he knows it. He's like the husband in Fargo.

As good a manager as he may be, this is a million miles from anything he's ever done...it's ludicrous how rich the owners are and he'll be out on his ear if he doesn't hit the ground sprinting for a more glamorous name.

He's enjoying it while it lasts though.

IMO If I was going to spend all this money on getting all of these great players in, then I would want to splash out on a decent manager too. Doesn't make sense to me. I would of sacked him when I bought the club if I knew how much was going to be spent. I would of then got a world class manager in like JFK and let him buy his own squad. I rekon he will be sacked in 3 months and then a new manager will be bought in with Hughes players.

IMO If I was going to spend all this money on getting all of these great players in, then I would want to splash out on a decent manager too. Doesn't make sense to me. I would of sacked him when I bought the club if I knew how much was going to be spent. I would of then got a world class manager in like JFK and let him buy his own squad. I rekon he will be sacked in 3 months and then a new manager will be bought in with Hughes players.

I'd be surprised if these were Hughes's signings as such, although obviously he's not going to say no to any of them. I reckon it's a race between Hughes and Ancelotti to be the first PL manager sacked. Hughes seems more likely to me as he was in situ last season so will be expected to do the business immediately.

Aye, he may be smirking now but expectation for Citeh have just rocketted. If he doesnt deliver.....

I like Mark Hughes, I hope he gets a fair crack. IMO he is a talented manager, but might get overwhelmed in this scenario. He is quite steely mind.

Sneaky,

"We would like to think we could offer John a different challenge," Hughes said. "He's been at Chelsea a long time and I know from my own experience as a player that when you have been with a club for a long time you get to a point when you think you need a new challenge and that a change of scenery would re-ignite certain things within you.

Edited by Park Life

Could dish it out but couldn't take it. Typical Man Utd in other words. It was quality when Peacock put him in his back pocket and kicked him up a height that time in a pre-season tournament (at Ibrox?). He was a good player though.

Put £1 on us doing them 1st game of the season. They may have 20 damned good strikers but the team may not have settled and the egos may spark off against each other. Our team may be average, but it is a team, and it is largely the same from last season and thus players know each other better.

As for Hughes, his tapping up over Roque all last season and his lies to the media really put me off him. I may sound biased, but he seemed to be more dignified when he managed Wales and Rovers.

You got them at Ewood? if so I could see you fouling your way to a draw, but I wouldn't put any money on a victory. They might be struggling to settle, but they'll still have an enormous wealth of talent, including; a great 'keeper, one of the performers of the season in Ireland, and a few of the younger lads still aching to keep their spot along side the big guns (Richards, Onuoha etc.).

At Eastlands they will destroy you.

This is Man City though Fish, so I wouldn't rule out the Arab owners being arrested for being part of a terrorist plot to blow up Alton Towers 3 days before kick off, Tevez, Robinho and De Jong to be turned into root vegetables by Man Utd supporting aliens and all the Man City money turning out to be stolen from the factory that makes Monopoly.

It is at Ewood, and to be honest, I can't see the Council House being intimidating like Mould Trafford used to be. It can be a bit empty in that ground like Ewood, and Hughes just isn't like that cunt Ferguson.

This is Man City though Fish, so I wouldn't rule out the Arab owners being arrested for being part of a terrorist plot to blow up Alton Towers 3 days before kick off, Tevez, Robinho and De Jong to be turned into root vegetables by Man Utd supporting aliens and all the Man City money turning out to be stolen from the factory that makes Monopoly.

It is at Ewood, and to be honest, I can't see the Council House being intimidating like Mould Trafford used to be. It can be a bit empty in that ground like Ewood, and Hughes just isn't like that cunt Ferguson.

What are the odds on you getting relegatedahhh?