Not really football news but..

Scottish Mag

Sports Direct has announced a 91% drop in full-year profits despite increased sales, after the weak pound and investment losses took their toll.

The company - controlled by Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley - made a profit of £10.7m in the year to 26 April, against £118.9m a year earlier.

Total revenues rose 9% to £1.37bn, with revenues in the UK topping £1bn.

Sports Direct said it would not be paying a final dividend in order to concentrate on cutting its £430m debts.

"The second half of the year remained challenging, but we are pleased with these solid full year results that reflect the resilience and relevance of our flexible business model, focused on the core principles of retailing," said chief executive Dave Forsey.

During the year, the company opened 27 new stores in the UK.

The company owns the Sports World chain of stores, as well as brands including Slazenger, Lonsdale and Dunlop.

I was in Hull yesterday and found myself in a sports shop looking at great deals on trainers. i was just about to buy a pair of Nike's until I realized I was in a Sports Direct and I made a quick exit muttering "Fuck You Ashley" under my breath on the way out.

I think my company are rubbing salt into the wound with me, sending me to Newcastle one day, then Hull the next!

This is my first post so its good to be a part of the best Newcastle forum. I do however live in Bournemouth but my heart will always black and white (or yellow and orange!)

Cheers

Rich

I truly hope that the man gets to the point of being so broke he becomes desperate and does something illegal, only to then be caught, locked up and butt fucked by bubba and his mates to the point where Ashley is scared to sit on a stool for fear of it slipping in.. .

The man is deserves nothing but pain, abuse and loss.

This is what happens when thick cunts become billionaires, they get too cocky and think everything they touch will turn to gold only to find out that they're not infallible and soon lose a large share of their wealth.

This is what happens when thick cunts become billionaires, they get too cocky and think everything they touch will turn to gold only to find out that they're not infallible and soon lose a large share of their wealth.

The company owns the Sports World chain of stores, as well as brands including Slazenger, Lonsdale and Dunlop.

A bit like the LVMH Group.

Just a bit more budget.

Just a bit more budget.

Btw, Fish has a pair of Green Flash doesn't he? :D

how the hell did Mike Ashley ever succeed in business?

he must be the worst business-man in the world.

i could have done better at Newcastle if i was blind, had no arms, and the brain of a 5-year old.

how the hell did Mike Ashley ever succeed in business?

he must be the worst business-man in the world.

i could have done better at Newcastle if i was blind, had no arms, and the brain of a 5-year old.

It's the old barraboi mojo. He larged it and got away with it.....