Ingurland V Jormans Sir Bob match

paddy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back. It was a canny night for the most part (I know it was a charity match and everything, but mexican waves should not be allowed at SJP, ever) and the reaction for SBR was class. Watching Shearer fight for every ball, despite it being a charity match, really showed just how little effort we've been seeing from most of the first team for the last couple of seasons too.

The budget version of Il Divo that we were forced to listen to at half time was shocking though!

just back from the game, pleased we won it broke my heart back in 1990 when Germany beat us on penalty's

I was choked up when they brough bobby out at the start.

That streaker was on the pitch for ages, the stewards just sat looking confused

just back from the game, pleased we won it broke my heart back in 1990 when Germany beat us on penalty's

To be fair, it was the best run made on the SJP pitch for a couple of seasons, little wonder they were confused.

To be fair, it was the best run made on the SJP pitch for a couple of seasons, little wonder they were confused.

:lol:

The budget version of Il Divo that we were forced to listen to at half time was shocking though!

They were in the Song for Europe a few years back, with that "Brand New Day" song they did at half-time. Beaten by Javine and Katie Price, and now appearing at a football stadium near you. Classy. :lol:

Guest Stevie
BBC's ''England's big picture''.

1.jpg

Hehe the big bloke there with the bloke pushing the wheel chair is Kev Gregg, he used to manage a team I played for about 10 years ago, one of the best blokes I've ever met. People who know the Newcastle football circuit may have been reffed by him before.

Was a tear jerker seeing Bobby like that, nessun dorma in the background, we'll never know if he would've been any better had he still been our manager, but Rinus Michels was still managing at the top level at 77.

From what I seen of the game, Alan Thompson and Alan Shearer would still improve our team, and the sad thing is I'm being serious.

As much as Bobby is clearly in a bad way it brings a smile to my face to see him wear a smile on his. All day he was all smiles and he was loving the occasion.

Did anyone catch that fella from Blue? ''It's not about playing you know today is all for Sir Bobby Charlton''. :lol:

Guest Stevie
Shows the pulling power of Newcastle and respect for SBR that the game was live on Setanta in the States.

No one cares about America though, all their sports are wank so it's natural they stick football events on, I could say the same about it showing the pulling power of the nfl that SKY have it in Britain, but that's wrong too because everyone knows it's shite. There's a definite mental problem with anyone who can look someone in the eye and say american football is good.

That's because you never played American football and don't understand it. And you don't come over as too bright anyway but never mind.

The point is that many games are not televised but this one was chosen.