British nationality test

Howmanheyman

I found this on another forum;

www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk

I failed!

Have a go yourself, some of the questions are very obscure and the applicants must obviously be giving a book to swot up on.

Also, you could have fun with this, instead of being a generic test the applicant should have a localised quiz depending on which part of the country he/she wants to go to.

Do you want to live in London?

Answer these questions;

How long is the recommended time to look at your feet when somebody talks to you on the tube?

Give one good reason why anyone outside the capital should be pleased that London is hosting the Olympics?

London is home to many football clubs, which one is the most annoying?

Do you want to live in Scotland?

Answer these questions;

What is a tattie scone?

What is haggis?

How much fat is required for a fried batter Mars bar?

Are you really sure you want to live in Scotland?

Do you want to live in Liverpool?

answer these questions?

When did Liverpool last win the title?

How on earth did Liverpool beat Newcastle to the European city of culture when it was narrowed down to these cities?

Why are Liverpool hotels sold out when LFC have a home game but ok when EFC are at home?

What are the chances of a Liverpool fan on a phone-in having a Scouse accent?

Do you want to live in Manchester?

Answer these questions;

If you are generally a bitter person, which Manchester team would you follow?

If a Scouser was going to rent a flat from you but someone who was on the sex offenders register also wanted it, how would you let down the Liverpudlian?

If someone with a broad southern accent asks you where Old Trafford is and you know Man Utd are playing Chelsea, what kind of percentage is he likely to be a Chelsea fan?

If you support Man City, what number bus takes you back to Southport?

Do you want to live in Sunderland?

Answer these questions;

How much is Cheesey chips, generally?

What is the best way to get to Newcastle?

When is the last Metro back to Sunderland?

If SAFC finish above Newcastle, does this mean they've had a superb season?

When you're on holiday, how many times will you be asked if your from Newcastle, and how long does it take to explain where Sunderland is?

What is the most famous Sunderland landmark? (The A19 to Newcastle is not an acceptable answer).

Can't think of any Newcastle ones for some strange reason.

Some of those questions are ridiculous. Still, anything to keep the fuckers out :mellow:

:o

I mean, thats not nice. :razz:

Only joking.

Or am I?

:mellow:

You have failed the practice citizenship test.

Questions answered correctly: 13 out of 24 (54%)

Time taken: 07 minutes 01 seconds

You have failed the practice citizenship test.

Questions answered correctly: 9 out of 24 (38%)

Time taken: 03 minutes

Please select 'Test summary' for a full su

I got 17 but a couple were pure guesses.

Having said that 24 questions given the source material/references should be quite easy for someone committed (and not incredibly stupid obviously).

A lot of this citizenship stuff would of course fail on the indigenous population if we all had to re-apply - I'd be fucked as I wouldn't swear an oath to the Queen.

It should be less about facts and figures and more like:

"In 50 words or less, describe what would you do in the following situations?

a) You lose you job

:mellow: you get a promotion

c) you must kill time with two other people, in a lift which has become stuck between floors

d) all but the middle urinal is occupied and both stalls are out of order"

You're more likely to weed out the "un-British"ers.

Answer these questions;

When you're on holiday, how many times will you be asked if your from Newcastle, and how long does it take to explain where Sunderland is?

What is the most famous Sunderland landmark? (The A19 to Newcastle is not an acceptable answer).

Don't know if it's still the case, but a couple of folk were having a debate about Newcastle and Sunlun on here a while ago. I went to Google maps and typed in Newcastle - one of the three attractions that came up automatically was St James' Park. Typed in sunlun and no mention of the football ground, yet one of the 'highlights' was the glass centre! Nice.

*leaves now to do the test*

EDIT: Failed 58%. The test is a load of made up crap, obviously. Anything with 'Official' on it is a giveaway for being made up shite. Probably made up by Liberty, or some such, to show how difficult the govt. are making it for outsiders to enter this green and pleasant land.

Edited by snakehips

Answer these questions;

Don't know if it's still the case, but a couple of folk were having a debate about Newcastle and Sunlun on here a while ago. I went to Google maps and typed in Newcastle - one of the three attractions that came up automatically was St James' Park. Typed in sunlun and no mention of the football ground, yet one of the 'highlights' was the glass centre! Nice.

The national glass centre!!!

I've been racking my brain to think of somewhere to take my daughters in the summer hols, I wonder if I phone the National Glass Centre, someone there might have an idea where we can go?

Answer these questions;

The national glass centre!!!

I've been racking my brain to think of somewhere to take my daughters in the summer hols, I wonder if I phone the National Glass Centre, someone there might have an idea where we can go?

:mellow::o I think its shut

Welcome to the Life in the United Kingdom Official Practice Citizenship Test.

This practice test is presented in a format that closely resembles the Official Test. Whilst the questions that we have selected are not the actual test questions, you can use them to find out whether you are ready to take the actual test.

You are allowed up to 45 minutes in which to answer 24 questions. Once you have answered all 24 questions and selected ‘Finish Test’, you will be awarded a PASS or FAIL mark. The pass mark for the test is around 75%.

You will then have the opportunity to review your answers and receive guidance on how to use the Official Handbook and Study Guide in order to prepare for the Official Test.

I bet the real questions are a piece of piss like!! :mellow::o

I got 50% and failed, although I rushed through it very quickly. Having said that though, time isn't really an issue because it's all based on knowledge rather than deduction.

It is an accurate reflection btw, as I've seen samples from the real test which a guy from Ukraine at my work had to take. It's rock, basically.

I don't understand the point of a Citizenship test though. I'd wager that the majority of people who post on here are bright enough that if we had such a test we'd be able to swot up on the facts, but the general British person wouldn't know the answers to these questions if stopped on the street.

How does it prove citizenship? How does it show anything other than an ability to learn and recite facts, regardless of the topic?

A freeform answer format would, imo, give a better indication of the applicant's actual intent and beliefs. Sure it'd be harder to mark, but I think it's actually a valid method instead of this... nonsense.

(yes, I failed first time btw :o )

:mellow:

It is hard to see who its aimed at in terms of discouragement - I work with a Turkish lad who did it a couple of years ago and he's obviously intelligent enough to swot up as you say. That would certainly apply to all of the points based immigrants that they are encouraging now.

The people who should be discouraged imo and who probably would have problems with it - the Southern Asian peasant arranged marriage brigade get citizenship via the marriage route anyway.

I suspect it's a token gesture for the Mail readers.

The number questions are plain shit.

No problem with procedural questions around local and national government, courts, benefits, schooling etc. But knowing to the nearest decimal point how many muslims there are in the country or who immigrated most in the 80s, West Indies or Aussies, would require an obsession of Nick Griffinesque proportions (By which I mean if you're going to skew the stats, you need to know what they are).

Testing the book rather than citizenship.....much as most school exams test the curriculum rather than knowledge.