Keegan's got £2m

Happy Face

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people pointing out the hypocrisy of Collymore calling anyone a mercenary are spot on.

Agree with Tim as well btw. To dismiss KK out of hand would be short-sighted in the extreme. That said, I really can't see another return for him.

Edited by alex

I've read a few articles from the Collymore archive, what a complete tosser.

Kevin Keegan is the only man who can save Newcastle now

By Stan Collymore 15/09/2008

and one week later,

Steve Bruce is the only manager who can save Newcastle now

Published 00:00 22/09/08

Fucking idiot.

Collymore has shit for brains. No doubt he just sits down and blathers about the first thing that enters the cavernous space in his head, and some poor sap has to jot it down and turn it into copy.

I didn't really want to click the link. It's the number of hits this horseshit gets that keeps getting him space to spout it. Since I was bored enough to do so, here's the text so no-one else has to...

Greedy Kevin Keegan is more mercenary than Messiah

Kevin Keegan has won his case for constructive dismissal against Newcastle but I think he has been a mercenary screwing his old club for every penny possible.

A lot of callers to my phone-in said they were pleased to see Keegan awarded £2million from Magpies’ owner Mike Ashley after resigning in September 2008.

And Keegan is, of course, right to feel forced out given the way the club’s then director of football Dennis Wise and Ashley brought in players against his wishes.

To learn Keegan was asked to sign an obscure Uruguayan midfielder based on blurred clips on YouTube as a favour to two South American agents is remarkable.

But the ruling in Keegan’s favour still means he is taking a lot of money out of the cash-strapped Championship club.

He originally asked for a ridiculous £25m from Newcastle, despite lasting only eight months back at the club in his ill-fated second reign.

That is more than £1m for each of the 21 games he presided over - and they only won six of them.

So this one-eyed notion that Keegan is still the Messiah in the north-east is simply astonishing.

I suggest if he really did bleed black and white that he would have walked away with a couple of hundred grand, which would have been more than adequate.

Instead he has taken out £2m he barely deserves from a club that can hardly afford it following relegation.

The club would surely have been better putting that dosh to towards buying a striker like Matty Fryatt or Jermaine Beckford.

But to many fans on Tyneside, Keegan remains the victim and Ashley the villain.

Ashley’s running of the club will certainly go down in history as the way NOT to do things.

The fact Newcastle are top of the Championship following relegation owes more to good fortune than good management by Ashley.

But people in the game can appreciate Keegan must take some of the blame for the club’s woes as well.

And Newcastle fans should wake up and realise that too.

shit to wake up this morning put on SSN and be met with defending ashley, put me in a shit mood right off the bat

how can people continue to defend the fat cunt?

Those rugby players that played for Bath had the right idea when they gave him a good shoeing, idiot of a man. Although i did find the story of him drilling a hole in his bedroom ceiling so he could get his rocks off watching his mates bang various lasses they'd picked up quite funny :ninja:

Seriously though, how can he even be allowed anywhere near any football reporting/opinion based journalism? I can't think of many people worse equipped!

On 20 October 2008, in a landmark case that may have set a precedent for cases in the future, Collymore won more than £1.5m in damages from his financial advisers, for the poor investment advice he had been given since retiring from professional football in 2001. The judge ruled that Collymore had indeed been given advice that was in breach of statutory obligations.

I did not know that.

Mercenary cunt.

I love this idea that gaining favour with these Agents was worth the Gonzales deal/pissing KK off.

First of all undefined "youngsters" from SA who are any good would be more likely to go elsewhere and secondly as has been said this was the culmination of a transfer window which had left the squad criminally weak - as proven by its relegation (when combining the weakness with a fuckwit manager).

I would also now like to have a look at what agents were used on the other deals and what their links with Jiminez and Vetere are.

I found that pretty as well. As though we were going to get first option on the cream of young South American talent. And even if we were ahead of Real Madrid, Barcelona et al (which is bollocks anyway) Ashley would only be interested anyway if they were cheap as chips.

Guest Stevie
Keegan is a mercenary!

My mind has now been changed after reading this insightful article here by Stanley Collymore. He always seems to get it right about NUFC, there's no way he's bitter or anything.

Some canny replies I liked too.

Biggest prick in football bar none. He's actually on my msn believe it or not, and I most of you don't but during talksport he puts it on, and invites people to message him, so I told him he's a depressive, woman beating, disgrace to this nation, who should be sacked on the spot for saying Villa are bigger than Arsenal, and his reply was along the lines of my mother being a prostitute. He's a total cunt. 38 year old.

I found that pretty as well. As though we were going to get first option on the cream of young South American talent. And even if we were ahead of Real Madrid, Barcelona et al (which is bollocks anyway) Ashley would only be interested anyway if they were cheap as chips.

Isn't it normally very difficult to get work permits for non-EU footballers unless they've played in a certain number of full international games? i.e. not undiscovered wunderkids.

Isn't it normally very difficult to get work permits for non-EU footballers unless they've played in a certain number of full international games? i.e. not undiscovered wunderkids.

It probably is aye, although a lot of South Americans seem to have dual nationality. Like Nobby :ninja:

The point is though that Wise is being allowed to spout this sort of thing on Sky etc. where it's being taken at face value. How would that set of cowboys have the sort of connections that would allow them to get the top South American youngsters anyway? They want to be taken to task for being that easily taken in if they actually believed what this agent was telling them.

Don't a lot of S/A players get round this by claiming citizenship thru their grandparents- e.g.Nobby had a Greek passport for a while thanks to his Granny ,no?

Keegan is a mercenary!

My mind has now been changed after reading this insightful article here by Stanley Collymore. He always seems to get it right about NUFC, there's no way he's bitter or anything.

Biggest prick in football bar none. He's actually on my msn believe it or not, and I most of you don't but during talksport he puts it on, and invites people to message him, so I told him he's a depressive, woman beating, disgrace to this nation, who should be sacked on the spot for saying Villa are bigger than Arsenal, and his reply was along the lines of my mother being a prostitute. He's a total cunt. 38 year old.

And how old are you?

:ninja:

It probably is aye, although a lot of South Americans seem to have dual nationality. Like Nobby :ninja:

The point is though that Wise is being allowed to spout this sort of thing on Sky etc. where it's being taken at face value. How would that set of cowboys have the sort of connections that would allow them to get the top South American youngsters anyway? They want to be taken to task for being that easily taken in if they actually believed what this agent was telling them.

Pah! too slow :)

Don't a lot of S/A players get round this by claiming citizenship thru their grandparents- e.g.Nobby had a Greek passport for a while thanks to his Granny ,no?

Nobby's was a fake iirc, but you're right.

Edited by alex

it is in this country, however, they can be bought by clubs in spain, portugal & italy fairly easily cos of different employment laws/historical ties. once they get thier eu work permit they can be loaned out to all and sundry in the eu. theres always a way in the murky world of football agents!!

Nobby's was a fake iirc, but you're right.

There was a whiff of fakery about it, but apparently all was fine.

Guest Stevie
Keegan is a mercenary!

And how old are you?

:ninja:

If you're insuating it's immature for someone in their thirties to call Stan Collymore a prick, there must a lot of immature 30 somethings about.