Keegan's got £2m

Happy Face

I found that pretty as well. As though we were going to get first option on the cream of young South American talent. And even if we were ahead of Real Madrid, Barcelona et al (which is bollocks anyway) Ashley would only be interested anyway if they were cheap as chips.

Isn't it normally very difficult to get work permits for non-EU footballers unless they've played in a certain number of full international games? i.e. not undiscovered wunderkids.

it is in this country, however, they can be bought by clubs in spain, portugal & italy fairly easily cos of different employment laws/historical ties. once they get thier eu work permit they can be loaned out to all and sundry in the eu. theres always a way in the murky world of football agents!!

That in itself highlights the unlikelihood of NUFC being able to have gotten these 'top youngsters' right there as it's much easier for them to go to some other EU countries.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that pretty as well. As though we were going to get first option on the cream of young South American talent. And even if we were ahead of Real Madrid, Barcelona et al (which is bollocks anyway) Ashley would only be interested anyway if they were cheap as chips.

Isn't it normally very difficult to get work permits for non-EU footballers unless they've played in a certain number of full international games? i.e. not undiscovered wunderkids.

Don't a lot of S/A players get round this by claiming citizenship thru their grandparents- e.g.Nobby had a Greek passport for a while thanks to his Granny ,no?

Nobby's was a fake iirc, but you're right.

There was a whiff of fakery about it, but apparently all was fine.

Ah right, I knew it was dropped but I wasn't sure if it was a bit like Tony Cascarino and Ireland, i.e. too late to do anything about it.

Don't a lot of S/A players get round this by claiming citizenship thru their grandparents- e.g.Nobby had a Greek passport for a while thanks to his Granny ,no?

Ah right, I knew it was dropped but I wasn't sure if it was a bit like Tony Cascarino and Ireland, i.e. too late to do anything about it.

Think he threatened to serenade them with his trumpet if they took it any further- case dropped :ninja:

Think he threatened to serenade them with his trumpet if they took it any further- case dropped :ninja:

:) I wonder what he's doing now. I bet he's still better than Ryan Taylor.

Keegan is a mercenary!

My mind has now been changed after reading this insightful article here by Stanley Collymore. He always seems to get it right about NUFC, there's no way he's bitter or anything.

Some canny replies I liked too.

Biggest prick in football bar none. He's actually on my msn believe it or not, and I most of you don't but during talksport he puts it on, and invites people to message him, so I told him he's a depressive, woman beating, disgrace to this nation, who should be sacked on the spot for saying Villa are bigger than Arsenal, and his reply was along the lines of my mother being a prostitute. He's a total cunt. 38 year old.

And how old are you?

:ninja:

If you're insuating it's immature for someone in their thirties to call Stan Collymore a prick, there must a lot of immature 30 somethings about.

I was more amused by the fact you're an MSN bully.

According to Wiki, playing for his hometown club. I know he recently announced his International retirement.

And yes, even when he's stopped playing, he'll be better than Raylor.

has'nt he just finished playing? i'm sure i read somewhere recently about him playing in his last match.

edit: doh!! too slow!!

Edited by AvatarAxeman

• 2 weeks later...
Kevin Keegan has won a second victory over Newcastle owner Mike Ashley after the club were ordered to cover all Keegan's legal costs from their recent compensation dispute.

Earlier this month Keegan won the case claiming constructive dismissal and was award £2m in damages. Ashley, who counter-claimed for breach of contract, has now been further ordered to pay Keegan's costs, believed to amount to £1.5m.

The ruling from the Premier League tribunal, reached after both parties put forward written submissions, stated: "We direct that the club should pay Mr Keegan's costs on an indemnity basis given the manner in which it conducted this litigation: its defence on the primary liability issue was, in our view, wholly without merit and it chose to make entirely unfounded allegations against Mr Keegan."

The decision also awarded Keegan interest on the damages dating back to 4 September 2008.

:)

Kevin Keegan has won a second victory over Newcastle owner Mike Ashley after the club were ordered to cover all Keegan's legal costs from their recent compensation dispute.

Earlier this month Keegan won the case claiming constructive dismissal and was award £2m in damages. Ashley, who counter-claimed for breach of contract, has now been further ordered to pay Keegan's costs, believed to amount to £1.5m.

The ruling from the Premier League tribunal, reached after both parties put forward written submissions, stated: "We direct that the club should pay Mr Keegan's costs on an indemnity basis given the manner in which it conducted this litigation: its defence on the primary liability issue was, in our view, wholly without merit and it chose to make entirely unfounded allegations against Mr Keegan."

The decision also awarded Keegan interest on the damages dating back to 4 September 2008.

:)

Good :)

Quite right too.

• 3 months later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/8520263.stm

West Ham settle Alan Curbishley compensation claim

Alan Curbishley left West Ham in September 2008

West Ham have settled the compensation claim made against them by former manager Alan Curbishley.

The 52-year-old, who left the club in September 2008 won his case for constructive dismissal against the Hammers last November.

And an undisclosed compensation fee has now been settled by the club's new owners David Sullivan and David Gold.

"With my managerial record intact, I am now looking forward to getting back into management," said Curbishley.

"It has taken many months to conclude this case but I am proud of my record at West Ham.

"I would like to thank David Sullivan for acting quickly and concluding the settlement since his arrival at West Ham."

Last autumn, a Premier League managers' arbitration tribunal upheld Curbishley's claim and dismissed a counter-claim by the Hammers but did not decide on the amount of compensation.

Curbishley resigned after defenders Anton Ferdinand and George McCartney were sold against his wishes.

The former Charlton boss launched his case after the Hammers counterclaimed for the cost of employing Curbishley's successor Gianfranco Zola and his assistant Steve Clarke.

Curbishley made 85 first-team appearances for West Ham during his playing career and rejoined the club as manager in December 2006, saving them from relegation in his first season.

In his first full campaign at Upton Park, Curbishley steered West Ham to a 10th-place finish in the Premier League.

More proof if any was needed that boardroom interference with buying and selling players is bad.

I'd have Curbishley in this league or in the PL.