• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WISE:

Ashley offered to settle with KK for more than £2m

Kk was looking for £26m

if KK had won that amount, it may have put club into Administration

club never paid any money to any agent. The deal would have given us 1st option on the best south American kids.

Doesn't know if Ashley will sell. Thinks he'll hold onto club until at LEAST promotion.

I wonder whether Keegan was just looking more money or wanted to carry on in order to clear his name properly, I guess we'll never know.

WISE:

Kk was looking for £26m

club never paid any money to any agent. The deal would have given us 1st option on the best south American kids.

Doesn't know if Ashley will sell. Thinks he'll hold onto club until at LEAST promotion.

What's this 'would have'? We did the deal after all, for all the good it did us.

Load of bollocks, I'd like to hang that little runt off the Gallowgate.

WISE:

Kk was looking for £26m

What's this 'would have'? We did the deal after all, for all the good it did us.

Load of bollocks, I'd like to hang that little runt off the Gallowgate.

Yes Dennis, we already KNOW money wasnt paid to the agents, we already KNOW there was no fee for the loan - theres no revelations there you idiot! The point is, it was 2 days before the window shut, we desparately needed to strenghten to squad, as no doubt KK was telling you every 5minutes, and your foremost interest instead was doing this deal for agents so we get good young uns in the following years!

Heres the problem with that pathetic theory:

Its no good if the team in the present is neglected and is get relegated!!

How would these youngsters develop if they were coming to a poor team? And also - what a way to mess a kids career - "your going to Newcastle who are really poor team, even though you wont develop how you would at this other club who wants you"

What kind of career does this Gonzalez have if hes happy to be a pawn for agents & clubs? What was Keegan supposed to do with him? Leave him out of the squad every week? Press: "Kevin, new signing Gonzalez hasnt been in the squad, any news on him?" Keegan: "Erm....."

Wise totally missed the point, on purpose of course to deflect any wrong doing, he's an utter slimeball, who n is happy to try and tarnish KK's repuation to get away from justice. He should not be allowed to do that & get away with it lightly.

And yes - where are these south americans! Come on! Im chuffed now, we're sorted, we're gonna be Brazil soon enough so a wouldnt worry about getting out of this league.

Edited by timnufc

Kev thinks the fans have had enough of his returns to NUFC :ninja:

(Taken from ESPN commentary):

Before the live ESPN coverage of the Manchester United-Sunderland Premier League clash, Keegan, as a studio pundit, was asked by Ray Stubbs about his £2 million award against Newcastle for constructive dismissal, and about his future.

Keegan said: "I have something left in me in football."

When asked whether it might be back at St James' Park where he was both player and manager, he responded: "I don't think thats on - the fans have had enough!"

Keegan was speaking about the fight for compensation against Newcastle other than issuing a statement at the time of the award. It was seen as a victory for Keegan, mainly because he wanted to clear his name and show that he had every right to resign as he had been forced to accept a player he didn't want.

But Keegan revealed that he didn't feel that much of a winner because he had lost the job he loved. He revealed: "There were no winners. I've got to move on, the club has got to move on. But that was the job I really wanted. That is why there are no winners.

"It didn't work out. It would have been better if it never happened, I was still at Newcastle and we were still in the Premiership. And I think we would have been.

"They know on the continent they're not going to have the power to sign players and sell players but that's not really the case in England and I think that's where it fell down. It certainly didn't work for me because you can't have a player forced on you for a lot of reasons."

Transcription in full

Ray Stubbs: Kevin, a Premier League arbitration panel ruled in your favour in regard to the situation at Newcastle United. I'm sure you're relieved it's all over. What was the main purpose of your claim?

Kevin Keegan: Well, really to clear everything up. It wasn't a great situation. I don't think there are really any winners in it but we've got to move on now. The club have got to move on and I've got to move on. It's out in the open. An independent arbitration panel have made a judgement. People can read it, it's out there for everyone to read so there's nothing been hidden.

RS: Was it important to you that the truth came out?

KK: Very much so, that's what it was all about. It's out there now, everybody knows what happened and people will decide what was right and what was wrong and that's the way it should be.

RS: As far as the main purpose of your claim is concerned, as far as reputation was concerned and the way that things have been done was that absolutely key to what you wanted?

KK: What I wanted was really my job. The thing I've lost is managing the club that I love so that's why I say there have been no winners. But life goes on, things happen, you meet people sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't in football. And this didn't work.

RS: Do you have a feeling of unfinished business? Would you ever consider returning to a club you love so much?

KK: I don't think it's on to return back there now, I think the fans have had enough of that but you never know in football. I'd like to think there's still something left in me in football but we'll wait and see.

RS: But the enthusiasm remains and the fire remains?

KK: Yeah, very much so.

RS: Do you think this sends out any signals as far as meddling chairman, directors and structures that a manager has to be able to get on with the job? Do you think it sends out any sort of signals?

KK: Every case is different. What happened to me was wrong because I was promised something and it wasn't delivered and that's why we ended up winning the case. But every club is different. They know on the continent they're not going to have the power to sign players and sell players but that's not really the case in England and I think that's where it fell down. It certainly didn't work for me because you can't have a player forced on you for a lot of reasons. If a player is forced on you, and he's there for the wrong reasons, he's coming thinking he's going to play. He's not happy to be in the reserves and not play. That's a lot of fundamental issues that are very important from a football point of view. Forget business and commercial deals.

RS: I bet you fought your corner? I bet there were a few confrontations?

KK: The panel were very fair, they made a judgement. It would have been better if it never happened, I was still at Newcastle and we were still in the Premiership. And I think we would have been.

And yes, I would have him back tomorrow.

I wonder whether Keegan was just looking more money or wanted to carry on in order to clear his name properly, I guess we'll never know.

Ashleys offer would have had loads of 'commercial' strings attached. Probably involving Wise handing over a large comical cheque.

I can't believe that some people actually believe that Keegan wanted £25m.

He filled for 25m so what makes you think otherwise?

What are your thoughts on Owen , Phil?

He lost his pace and passion and never really felt like our player. I don't hold a grudge against him, but watching him sit on the bench at man-u while Defoe is scoring for fun does make me laugh.

WISE:

Kk was looking for £26m

I bet the settlement of 'more than £2m was on condition that the facts were kept under wraps. Well done for sticking to the principal Kev.

Seen as though we did end up buying Gonzalez or whatever his name was, where are these top South American kids then Dennis?

More bullshit from the discredited hierarchy of this club, still trying to cover up their shameful behaviour even after the tribunal verdict has laid their disgusting, embarrassing shenanigans open for all to see.

People can't seriously want him back under Ashley though. Can they?

I think we're all assuming that Ashley is a man of his word and will be gone shortly. :ninja:

He looks trustworthy to me, I say give the man the benefit of the doubt

:)

I doubt KK would be interested in returning without serious financial backing. Doesn't sound like Moat would have much to spend and isn't Shearer his first choice anyway?

The best legacy KK can leave us with now is forcing Ashley to sell up imo. I don't think he'll ever be back again as manager; he might take a board position in a few years if it was on offer.

W

Ashleys offer would have had loads of 'commercial' strings attached. Probably involving Wise handing over a large comical cheque.

I can't believe that some people actually believe that Keegan wanted £25m.

He filled for 25m so what makes you think otherwise?

What are your thoughts on Owen , Phil?

He lost his pace and passion and never really felt like our player. I don't hold a grudge against him, but watching him sit on the bench at man-u while Defoe is scoring for fun does make me laugh.

so you have no strong feeling either for a guy who cost the club over £40 million and,through lack of effort, had a direct effect on us being relegated, yet you think a man who cost the club a liitle under £3 million and did everything he could to improve us is a moneygrabbing scumbag?

Nice logic there fella.

I love Keegan to bits, he's a great manager and a great guy and when you look around the club you can see his influence.

However I wish we could move on.

I love Keegan to bits, he's a great manager and a great guy and when you look around the club you can see his influence.

all this "move on" talk is crap. 12 months ago we had drawn away to man u keegan was looking for players and everything looked good. Ashley fucked that up not kk.

Move on, I want to move back to then well all looked good, just without Ashley.

this

How boring would that be though? :ninja:

all this "move on" talk is crap. 12 months ago we had drawn away to man u keegan was looking for players and everything looked good. Ashley fucked that up not kk.

This is how I feel too - what worries me though is Kev seems to have it in his head that the fans of NUFC may have had enough of him. I'm pretty sure that if he walked through the door tomorrow with a new owner of the club we'd all be excited again!

Wish there was some way to let him know that the fans still think he's still loved.

This is how I feel too - what worries me though is Kev seems to have it in his head that the fans of NUFC may have had enough of him. I'm pretty sure that if he walked through the door tomorrow with a new owner of the club we'd all be excited again!

Wish there was some way to let him know that the fans still think he's still loved.

Email Richard Bevan mate from the LMA and tell him to pass it on :ninja:

Keegan is a mercenary!

My mind has now been changed after reading this insightful article here by Stanley Collymore. He always seems to get it right about NUFC, there's no way he's bitter or anything.

Some canny replies I liked too.

When people suggest that there are better candidates than Shearer as manager and then name these people, none of them are anywhere near as good as Keegan.

Yet the accusation by some is "move forward, your bieng narrow minded".

No - I want Keegan because he's [the best manager available for the club at this time/i]. Because I want the club to do well. Its actually short-sited to dismiss KK just because he's KK, even though, again, he's probably the best man available for it.