Scunthorpe United 2-1 Newcastle United

Marko

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.COM saying there was bother in our end tonight.

Anyone see it?

Nope, but then I left right on the full time whistle.

There was definitely no trouble during the game, but afterwards, I suspect it would've been a disagreement between the 'we're fucking shit losing to this rabble' brigade and the 'we actually played well so fuck off' brigade.'

What I feel tonight after the long drive back is on a par with the last day of last season.

.com says we may have further to fall....fuck me, I don't see how it can get worse than losing to Scunthorpe.

.COM saying there was bother in our end tonight.

Anyone see it?

Nope, but then I left right on the full time whistle.

There was definitely no trouble during the game, but afterwards, I suspect it would've been a disagreement between the 'we're fucking shit losing to this rabble' brigade and the 'we actually played well so fuck off' brigade.'

What I feel tonight after the long drive back is on a par with the last day of last season.

.com says we may have further to fall....fuck me, I don't see how it can get worse than losing to Scunthorpe.

Losing to Doncaster? At home?

NUST ....a talking shop and total waste of time ..."We're not a protest group" WHY THE FUCK NOT , YOU MUPPETS !

100million reasons why not.

Protesting is the reason I turned up along with 250 others on that night over a year ago and its the reason why I and others stepped forward when it was needed. Its what we felt at the time was required, it soon transpired however that not everyone (or even many for that matter) felt the same. What we thought was the majority of fans turned out to be a vocal minority, getting abuse in the street while leafletting because people felt this bloke was the saviour of the club, having "financial stability" and "balance sheets" given as an argument for the fat man, being called worse than shit by fellow fans and then getting a police caution because the club didnt like what we were doing. Those Saturdays made me feel good, gave me a rush and a belief that I was helping gain something, that rush however only lasted for a Saturday afternoon by Sunday morning I was down again, frustrated by the lack of support and quickly realising it was having no effect on those it was aimed at but I did it because it was what I believed in and what I thought was needed.

Its not what I believe is needed now though and, with the greatest of respect to the likes of yourself and others that feel the same way, I think Im qualified to say that because I was there doing the things you talk about at the time when it was needed, when it did have a chance of working. Were you? Did you take part at the time or where you one of the majority who believed we were doing more harm than good?

The NUST are currently working with major players to try and get this club out of Ashleys grubby hands, to sit down in the boardroom on a Friday and talk about money, long term aims, sustainability and the ability of the fans to help run the club in a sensible and measured way and then on a Saturday pick up a banner and threaten to burn the place down does not mix. We'd be laughed out of the meetings and shunned by those we all need to make this happen.

On top of that, where would we get the backing and promotion of the protests from? currently theres only one fanzine that supports the protest angle, True Faith. The other two big players (The Mag and .com) have made it clear that they dont believe that protests are the way forward and frankly its taken us long enough to get Biffa back on board. Lose them then both the protests and any fan ownership chances are dead in the water.

More importantly though, its what Ashley wants. He knows he has zero credibility among fans and any he has elsewhere (except Wearside) is plummetting however once you start getting into a protest situation then some of those media outlets will turn and start portraying him in a different light.

He wants to be able to turn around and issue another statement saying "you're all nasty to me, I know Ive made mistakes and Im not putting any more money in because of it" then he'll pull the "family at risk" card and a dozen muppets on NO will say hes hard done by and not such a bad bloke after all. He wants to discredit us fans as much as possible, just take a look at his last statement, the whole "I put £20m in each year, that more than the rest of you plebs put together" bollocks. This is now a game of wits, its a slow drawn out affair and one which cant be won by the side with the most muscle, it will be won however by the side that keeps its cool and works hardest.

Ashley has bigger problems than Newcastle United, more pressing affairs than where our next win is coming from. Hes shitting bricks as far as business goes, hes caking it that he could be fined more than the value of this football club and could actually end up behind bars.

Should that day ever come then there will be dancing on the streets of Byker until then I believe it has to be more of the same.

Its going to be another cold hard winter.

NUST ....a talking shop and total waste of time ..."We're not a protest group" WHY THE FUCK NOT , YOU MUPPETS !

100million reasons why not.

Protesting is the reason I turned up along with 250 others on that night over a year ago and its the reason why I and others stepped forward when it was needed. Its what we felt at the time was required, it soon transpired however that not everyone (or even many for that matter) felt the same. What we thought was the majority of fans turned out to be a vocal minority, getting abuse in the street while leafletting because people felt this bloke was the saviour of the club, having "financial stability" and "balance sheets" given as an argument for the fat man, being called worse than shit by fellow fans and then getting a police caution because the club didnt like what we were doing. Those Saturdays made me feel good, gave me a rush and a belief that I was helping gain something, that rush however only lasted for a Saturday afternoon by Sunday morning I was down again, frustrated by the lack of support and quickly realising it was having no effect on those it was aimed at but I did it because it was what I believed in and what I thought was needed.

Its not what I believe is needed now though and, with the greatest of respect to the likes of yourself and others that feel the same way, I think Im qualified to say that because I was there doing the things you talk about at the time when it was needed, when it did have a chance of working. Were you? Did you take part at the time or where you one of the majority who believed we were doing more harm than good?

The NUST are currently working with major players to try and get this club out of Ashleys grubby hands, to sit down in the boardroom on a Friday and talk about money, long term aims, sustainability and the ability of the fans to help run the club in a sensible and measured way and then on a Saturday pick up a banner and threaten to burn the place down does not mix. We'd be laughed out of the meetings and shunned by those we all need to make this happen.

On top of that, where would we get the backing and promotion of the protests from? currently theres only one fanzine that supports the protest angle, True Faith. The other two big players (The Mag and .com) have made it clear that they dont believe that protests are the way forward and frankly its taken us long enough to get Biffa back on board. Lose them then both the protests and any fan ownership chances are dead in the water.

More importantly though, its what Ashley wants. He knows he has zero credibility among fans and any he has elsewhere (except Wearside) is plummetting however once you start getting into a protest situation then some of those media outlets will turn and start portraying him in a different light.

He wants to be able to turn around and issue another statement saying "you're all nasty to me, I know Ive made mistakes and Im not putting any more money in because of it" then he'll pull the "family at risk" card and a dozen muppets on NO will say hes hard done by and not such a bad bloke after all. He wants to discredit us fans as much as possible, just take a look at his last statement, the whole "I put £20m in each year, that more than the rest of you plebs put together" bollocks. This is now a game of wits, its a slow drawn out affair and one which cant be won by the side with the most muscle, it will be won however by the side that keeps its cool and works hardest.

Ashley has bigger problems than Newcastle United, more pressing affairs than where our next win is coming from. Hes shitting bricks as far as business goes, hes caking it that he could be fined more than the value of this football club and could actually end up behind bars.

Should that day ever come then there will be dancing on the streets of Byker until then I believe it has to be more of the same.

Its going to be another cold hard winter.

Cracking post that Pud.

TBH when I posted my bit about protests last night I was seething.

I knew as I was writing it that no more than a few hundred would ever get off their arses to do anything more than chant "Sack The Board" after a game.

Still seething, but a bit more clear headed this morning.

Ah well, back to fruitless frustrate-o- :)

I don't think protesting will make a blind bit of difference fwiw. Ashley has demonstrated his utter contempt for us lot numerous times and already knows we hate him.

Several if not tens of thousands of people singing 'get out of our club' is as strong a possible message as we can put across.

Protesting might get us on Mong TV a bit more I suppose, a little more press coverage. But everyone already knows he's a cunt, we know he's a cunt, he know's he's a cunt.

We're just fucked till he goes.

If you really wanted to start a campaign, see if you can get all football fans to boycott Sports Direct. But they won't see, cos his got git cheap trackies and dat in der innit.

I don't see the point in protesting. I mean, so serve what purpose? Let the club know we thinks its not acceptable? Let MA know what a fucking useless sack of shite he is? Let the media know we still want him out? Just for bad publicity for MA? Tbf, he knows all that already, the media knows that already and he gets slated in the sporting press every week. Water off a ducks back I reckon.

Id say the only way to really hurt MA (other than a much deserved kick in the bollocks), is for every fan and corporate business partner to pull the plug. That means no tickets, no shirts and so on. And THAT is not going to happen.

I don't see the point in protesting. I mean, so serve what purpose? Let the club know we thinks its not acceptable? Let MA know what a fucking useless sack of shite he is? Let the media know we still want him out? Just for bad publicity for MA? Tbf, he knows all that already, the media knows that already and he gets slated in the sporting press every week. Water off a ducks back I reckon.

Id say the only way to really hurt MA (other than a much deserved kick in the bollocks), is for every fan and corporate business partner to pull the plug. That means no tickets, no shirts and so on. And THAT is not going to happen.

Clever pr would get the abuse off some back pages and into the rest of the paper

pressure might be levied to get the local rags to remove their noses from his arse and start there own get out of our city campaign.

drip drip drip drip.....

Get busy then CT

Theres a difficulty when supporting the club and supporting MA. I know a lot wont want to give up their season tickets, missing home games and staying away from supporting the lads on the pitch. I am sure they are under no illusion as to how much we hate the ownership of this club.

I agree with others in that there needs to be 1 home game where as many fans as possible boycott going to the match. Some ST holders won't want to lose out so those that do, buy nothing in the ground. The only place where we can cause any pain to Ashley is at the turnstiles, in the club shop and in the food & drink outlets at the ground. Week in week out, he'll be losing hundreds of thousands of pounds by not having anyone contribute. This is a real protest not a few mongs outside the ground with their grubby bedsheets.

Do the FA have the power to remove him if he is deemed not to be a fit & proper person?

Thats not the point fisty old boy.....Its the protest, the pr, the smell of daffodills covered in a warm misty dew........

I would disagree there. If they could get him out, then sign me up. If not, why bother? seems it would just piss the FA off.

I don't think there's much chance of removing him re: the fit and proper person thing. I think he'd actually pass the criteria were he not the owner and just wanting to buy the club now, let alone expecting the FA to instigate some sort of legal action in order to remove him.

Seems to me we're paying for our lack of depth and options, as everyone predicted except Acca-dacca-ding-dong.

Still, it's not the away losses that'll kill us, it's not winning at home that's costing us.

And RobW.

As I already said yesterday, I got slated for being overcritical after the Bristol game. But it is a fact that we are losing far too many points and apart from few games haven't really played well and dominated games enough to win them comfortably.

This squad isn't just lacking depth but also class. There is hardly any flair and creativity in it. You won't win many games if you lower yourself to the awful level of football in this league, because the smaller teams will always be up for this and more committed. Get at those teams and beat them in style, because when rather football and skills matter than strengths and graft those teams won't be able to compete.

I don't think there's much chance of removing him re: the fit and proper person thing. I think he'd actually pass the criteria were he not the owner and just wanting to buy the club now, let alone expecting the FA to instigate some sort of legal action in order to remove him.

If he's done for Sports Direct fraud case, they could force him out(or withdraw the club from the League !)

pages 9 &10

Running cartels and fraud.

( I'm no lawyer mind, probs wishful thinking from me)

Edited by Monkeys Fist

As I already said yesterday, I got slated for being overcritical after the Bristol game. But it is a fact that we are losing far too many points and apart from few games haven't really played well and dominated games enough to win them comfortably.

This squad isn't just lacking depth but also class. There is hardly any flair and creativity in it. You won't win many games if you lower yourself to the awful level of football in this league, because the smaller teams will always be up for this and more committed. Get at those teams and beat them in style, because when rather football and skills matter than strengths and graft those teams won't be able to compete.

Spot on. Except we're also missing pace.

Spot on. Except we're also missing pace.

...and a winger who can get behind them and put in a cross.

If he's done for Sports Direct fraud case, they could force him out(or withdraw the club from the League !)

pages 9 &10

Well, that's a big 'if' for a start but again, I think it's one thing preventing someone from taking a club over and another thing altogether removing ownership from someone who has already bought a club. I really can't see it. These FA rules are all well and good in theory but I'd be very surprised to see them actually carried out in practice. Look at Portsmouth, for example. How many owners have they had this season? How many of them were 'fit and proper'. I'd love to say otherwise but I think it's a complete non-started apparently. I think it's just a case of hoping a buyer comes in because we're really in no position to force Ashley out.

pages 9 &10

Well, that's a big 'if' for a start but again, I think it's one thing preventing someone from taking a club over and another thing altogether removing ownership from someone who has already bought a club. I really can't see it. These FA rules are all well and good in theory but I'd be very surprised to see them actually carried out in practice. Look at Portsmouth, for example. How many owners have they had this season? How many of them were 'fit and proper'. I'd love to say otherwise but I think it's a complete non-started apparently. I think it's just a case of hoping a buyer comes in because we're really in no position to force Ashley out.

damn you and your realism :)

Think the Beeb has them (UK only) but it's not until the day after the day after the game or something like that. I.e. from midnight tonight.