Scunthorpe United 2-1 Newcastle United

Marko

Stolen from Mick on N-O (and .com)...

On this day in history:

1996 Manchester United (h) 5-0 (2-0)

Premier League

Peacock(12), Ginola(30), Ferdinand(63), Shearer(75), Albert(83)

Fantastic. Immortalised in the video 'Howay 5-0' released within days.

To paraphrase the famous Norwegian commentator, "Alex Ferguson, Zoe Ball, Angus Deyaton, Jimmy Nesbitt, Bobby Charlton, your boys took one hell of a beating."

Of course, they still won the League....

It's all Keegan's fault anyway... :(

Edited by Isegrim

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sick. Blackpool, Forest & now fucking Scunthorpe.......

We're missing Taylor & Colo (!) is seems.

we'd had the best defence in the league with those two and could rely on one goal

not at the moment

Seems to me we're paying for our lack of depth and options, as everyone predicted except Acca-dacca-ding-dong.

Still, it's not the away losses that'll kill us, it's not winning at home that's costing us.

Houghton will be breaking his neck to get himself tied to a contract. Playoffs anyone?

I'd settle for play offs at the moment.

It's going to be another misersable winter under Ashley. Ahhh, fuck it. :(

Atleast Hughton changed the formation, and dare I say, a slight improvement, but we still lost.

He's not a manager and out of his depth, we've got quality in individuals but we're no team, but I bet Ashley will still hire him as manager come the weekend. :(

It's a joke, there's too much apathy in supporters atm, we could and should be doing something about it, but Ashley's got it pretty comfortable for all this shambles he's put us up with thus far.

Atleast Hughton changed the formation, and dare I say, a slight improvement, but we still lost.

He's not a manager and out of his depth, we've got quality in individuals but we're no team, but I bet Ashley will still hire him as manager come the weekend. :(

It's a joke, there's too much apathy in supporters atm, we could and should be doing something about it, but Ashley's got it pretty comfortable for all this shambles he's put us up with thus far.

What would you suggest?

Serious question

Where's the geordie contract killers when you need them. I never in my very worst nightmares imagined we would lose to Blackpool and Scunthorpe in the same season. :(:( x10000000000000000

What would you suggest?

Serious question

Stop turning up

Stop buying tickets on general sale

Dont renew season tickets

Buy nothing from any official outlet

Protest outside the ground at every opportunity

Buy away tickets in the home ends

I dont think it will make any difference whatsoever to the players if we focus our attentions on getting Ashley out by any means necessary. We have given them huge support the last 3 games and theyve produced jack s***, so they cant be any worse if we give them none at all.

Banners, protests whatever it takes, if it means us going to the lowest possible state (leeds style) in order to recuild then so be it. I just want rid of that fat c*** out of my club now

That was said on N-O (I know!) it is abit extreme but we don't have to do all of them, as some will hurt the club before Ashley, i.e not buying tickets, but he does have a point.

Basically we just need to be upping the anti on Ashley & co. way more than what we should be doing atm (the chant).

In all my years of supporting Newcastle(and Christ it adds up to a lot) I have seen the good times and the bad times but even in the bad times I have never felt the way I do now about the whole situation. Never before have I ever expected to lose, even when we were playing the big'uns I had hopes for a miracle, but now, I just expected to lose against Forest and today I expected to lose again and we did.

It is a miserable feeling to go in expecting to lose. I think it was brought on by the draws, I saw that as a premonition that the wheels were coming off and there was no repair man on hand.

Yeh that's the way to show potential buyers we are worth the gamble!

We're getting screwed over, and we need to put more pressure on him to sell up.

Surely potential takeovers won't be un-hinged by it.

What would you suggest?

Serious question

Stop turning up

I dont think it will make any difference whatsoever to the players if we focus our attentions on getting Ashley out by any means necessary. We have given them huge support the last 3 games and theyve produced jack s***, so they cant be any worse if we give them none at all.

Banners, protests whatever it takes, if it means us going to the lowest possible state (leeds style) in order to recuild then so be it. I just want rid of that fat c*** out of my club now

That was said on N-O (I know!) it is abit extreme but we don't have to do all of them, as some will hurt the club before Ashley, i.e not buying tickets, but he does have a point.

Basically we just need to be upping the anti on Ashley & co. way more than what we should be doing atm (the chant).

The way I see it, Bououuoycotts and not buying pies etc does fuck all.

Ashley only seems to react to bad publicity

Any organised protest needs to gain maximum national coverage to be effective . That means it must be something out of the ordinary.

Even a banner held up in the ground is pretty lame as far as news editors are concerned.

My suggestion would be to choose a game with TV coverage- have not one, but several different organised "events".

A march through town (there used to be a B&W tank knocking about Town, get that ), get on the roof of the stand and unfurl a banner just before kick off*, once the starting whistle is blown, everyone walk out.

Maybe the NUST could help with the logistics?

* This is my line of work and I would be happy to try it.

If it's to be done, do it properly.

( Tom, if we did it once, properly organised, I don't think it would put off any serious bidders. As it is , I don't believe there are any)

Edited by Monkeys Fist

What would you suggest?

Serious question

Stop turning up

The way I see it, Bououuoycotts and not buying pies etc does fuck all.

Ashley only seems to react to bad publicity

Any organised protest needs to gain maximum national coverage to be effective . That means it must be something out of the ordinary.

Even a banner held up in the ground is pretty lame as far as news editors are concerned.

My suggestion would be to choose a game with TV coverage- have not one, but several different organised "events".

A march through town (there used to be a B&W tank knocking about Town, get that ), get on the roof of the stand and unfurl a banner just before kick off*, once the starting whistle is blown, everyone walk out.

Maybe the NUST could help with the logistics?

* This is my line of work and I would be happy to try it.

If it's to be done, do it properly.

( Tom, if we did it once, properly organised, I don't think it would put off any serious bidders. As it is , I don't believe there are any)

That's all he has been getting in the press at the moment. I haven't seen any articles lately supporting that useless waste of space...