The Guitar Thread

Tom

Wee update on the SG that Gemmill gave my nipper- it needed some frets replaced so I told him that he needed to save up to get it repaired, the thinking being that, since it was free, he needed to do something to give it a value to him. 
The lad Gemmill recommended quoted about £50 and he’s got £45 saved-it’s his birthday next weekend so he’ll get to his target and then some. 

Grandma Fist has already paid for the repairs :lol:, so his £50 can go to a proper amp, which he also now wants. 

When he gets the fixed SG I’m telling him though, that he must learn Riff Raff as his first song on it. :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Jesus Christ this thing is good 😳

Absolute shred machine :lol: 

Yeeeesssss, a mate of mine has one, they're great! The necks are fantastic. 

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Yeeeesssss, a mate of mine has one, they're great! The necks are fantastic. 

I think this may be the best day of my life lol 

it plays like a £2000 guitar and my mind is absolutely blown 

On 03/06/2022 at 21:40, Tom said:

I think this may be the best day of my life lol 

it plays like a £2000 guitar and my mind is absolutely blown 

Looks awesome. Is it the San Dimas Pro-Mod range? I'm still lusting after the Joe Duplantier signature. 

It’s a So Cal style 1 - which is basically a Stratocaster I suppose. 

I tried a dearer charvel guitar with the modern heel carve & fancy Jack input but it didn’t sound half as good as this one. Also the floyd rose on it is absolutely class, used to playing shite ones. 

Spotted a Jap Fender strat with basically the same set up twice the price on guitar guitar. I’d bet on the charvel being better (despite being owned by fender)

Tom playing a Floyd Rose is almost as amusing as that fella Ibanez that plays Jackson guitars.

That Floyd would probabaly be wasted on me. I can't play any kind of floating bridge for shit, thankfully the Duplantier sig is a TOM bridge. 

• Haha 1

That white Duplantier signature looks quality tbh! Not keen on the natural finish one.

Yeh tbh this FR is good fun for sonic daftness, even diving a couple of notes in a pentatonic run is good fun. Before you get on to the harmonics/dive bombs etc :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

That white Duplantier signature looks quality tbh! Not keen on the natural finish one.

Yeh tbh this FR is good fun for sonic daftness, even diving a couple of notes in a pentatonic run is good fun. Before you get on to the harmonics/dive bombs etc :lol: 

I'm fine with dives I think, I'm just a ham fisted dunce that leans too hard behind the saddle when I'm not actively palm-muting and pulls everything a bit sharp.

I'm not even a big fan of Joe or his band, just the thought of an HH Tele with a Gibson bridge sometimes gives me a semi.

Edited by Blastronaut

This guitar is so much fun btw :lol: 

With @Blastronaut’s Rangemaster it’s unashamedly, instant Van Halen or whatever you want. 

Would fully recommend this for anyone’s Arsenal 

• Thanks 1

That’s literally the guitar I nearly bought :lol: 

It was between this and that. 

Might go back later in the year and pick up the other one 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Actually do you even need one of these with a floyd rose?

@Andrew

:lol: 

Need is a strong word :razz:

But yeah theyll still do the same job, especially if youre getting van haleny, might be a ballache to pull over the locking nut when you want it though