Jump to content

The Guitar Thread


Tom
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

It's all good. Tbh there's loads of options. I'd personally look at something with at last some more EQ options and maybe Bluetooth. But I'm a tight bastard and would likely end up just cobbling something together from some old car stereo parts. 

My electronics ability starts and stops with replacing batteries, so I'll just throw money at somebody in Richer Sounds or wherever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

My electronics ability starts and stops with replacing batteries, so I'll just throw money at somebody in Richer Sounds or wherever.

 

Richer sounds are spot on in my experience.

 

I've got one of these, really like it, depends on breaking the bank definition though, around £500 and possibly superseded, had it 3-ish+ years..

 

https://eu.onkyo.com/en-GLOBAL/audio-hifi/stereo-receivers-amplifiers/stereo-receivers/tx-8250/p/156435

 

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

https://thevinylfactory.com/features/8-best-budget-amplifiers-vinyl/

 

Check that link out. If you go to Richer Sounds you'll almost certainly end up spending more than you need to. 

 

Not my experience tbh, got my speakers there and salesman saved me over £100 by suggesting/demo'ing a cheaper speaker than the ones I went for that actually blew the ones I thought I wanted away, so much it so even the Mrs thought there was no comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're a more canny operator than Dave though. Honestly he's pure babes in the wood. He'd go in for headphones and walk out with two column speakers gaffer taped to his ears. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You're a more canny operator than Dave though. Honestly he's pure babes in the wood. He'd go in for headphones and walk out with two column speakers gaffer taped to his ears. 

You're not wrong. I rely almost entirely on the kindness of strangers. I'm a fucking rube when it comes to stuff like this. 

 

I'm now torn between getting a receiver that has inputs for my tv, or just keeping the music separate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're not wrong. I rely almost entirely on the kindness of strangers. I'm a fucking rube when it comes to stuff like this. 

 

I'm now torn between getting a receiver that has inputs for my tv, or just keeping the music separate. 

 

Here is an amp absolutely PERFECT for you, it's even got xG :

 

image.png.71145f4de6f25539d74c998e6d70641c.png

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're not wrong. I rely almost entirely on the kindness of strangers. I'm a fucking rube when it comes to stuff like this. 

 

I'm now torn between getting a receiver that has inputs for my tv, or just keeping the music separate. 

 

I've got a surround sound receiver which I think cost me a fucking grand. Then the speakers on top. Scandalous. I looked into upgrading recently cos its HDMI but can't cope with ARC or anything over 1080p, but fuck that it's too expensive. If I ever change I think I'll just get a decent soundbar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

 

I've got a surround sound receiver which I think cost me a fucking grand. Then the speakers on top. Scandalous. I looked into upgrading recently cos its HDMI but can't cope with ARC or anything over 1080p, but fuck that it's too expensive. If I ever change I think I'll just get a decent soundbar. 

Got a Soundbar for the tv, but honestly it's got that issue where when you're watching a film the speech is a reasonable volume, then when the CGI Smashfest occurs the front of the house is blown across the road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Got a Soundbar for the tv, but honestly it's got that issue where when you're watching a film the speech is a reasonable volume, then when the CGI Smashfest occurs the front of the house is blown across the road. 

Seems like you need a new LG TV with Dolby Atmos soundbar- it sounds crazy.… 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Got a Soundbar for the tv, but honestly it's got that issue where when you're watching a film the speech is a reasonable volume, then when the CGI Smashfest occurs the front of the house is blown across the road. 

 

Aye I think that's just unavoidable with these things. Mine comes with a microphone that you put where your head goes when you watch telly. You set it away and leave the room and it supposedly sets the right level for all the speakers. But you still sometimes have to turn it up to hear wtf people are saying and then it melts your face off if there's an explosion. I think the people mixing the sound for home viewing are just idiots. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.