The Guitar Thread

Tom

:lol:

I actually do own an electric guitar (no idea which kind, I'm a total guitar philistine) so maybe I'll try giving it a go again soon. Pretty sure I can get the 'making loud noises' bit down. Coherency would be where I fall down.

There are a great many good online learning resources out there nowadays tbh.

I use musicisum for my own learning.

My Mum is quite an advanced player - also plays violins, pianos, flutes and the harp but her main instrument is the guitar (acoustic though).

Needless to say, my musical illiteracy has always been a huge disappointment to her :lol: In truth, it's just laziness that ever stopped me, which is a bit shit really. I could do with being as motivated as you guys :thumbsup:

Very nice Andrew. I'm not a fan of the colour but that's just personal preference. It'll be mint. I'm dead tempted too.

I honestly can't tell when you're being sincere

[emoji38] I'm deadly serious this time.

I've wanted a Les Paul for years but had told myself I'd get a Martin acoustic for my next guitar. But these look lush, so I'm tempted.

Ah I see.

I do already have a les Paul standard, 2012 model, that's all that's been stopping me pulling the trigger so far really, it's a lot to spend on something quite similar to what I already own.

That telecaster though...

How much did that set you back

Andrew? Looks class.

Plus it's the most guitarist thing ever to go looking at Les Pauls and walk out with a telecaster :lol:

It is a bit isn't it? Well I do already have a les paul, don't have a tele (until tomorrow evening! WOO!)

£2k, down from 2,900 as its an ex demo.

Ah canny! Ex demo means nowt tbh, given the lifespan of a guitar so it's money well saved.

I could easily have another Les Paul mind but I'm quite smitten with my Cort MBC1 at the moment so I'm going to try and hold off before buying anything else for as long as I can.

Ah canny! Ex demo means nowt tbh, given the lifespan of a guitar so it's money well saved.

I could easily have another Les Paul mind but I'm quite smitten with my Cort MBC1 at the moment so I'm going to try and hold off before buying anything else for as long as I can.

This is my first guitar buy for more than 4 years (which surprised me when I realised) being a lefty does prevent me from buying a lot.

I do love that cort.

I think, for the first time, I'm happy enough with my guitars and my amp (I love my amp) that I'm sort of...done for a while.

On to the PEDALS! :D

That's a long time, I'm naturally quite stupid for buying guitars, I can't help but impulse buy something or other.

I think I'm going to polish up my Les Paul and Strat and stop buying really. I've got more than enough variation, the Cort now being my main shredder now I think.

I haven't bought an amp in 6 years, so I'm kind of used to what I have.

Pedals though....that's a different story :lol:

That's a long time, I'm naturally quite stupid for buying guitars, I can't help but impulse buy something or other.

I think I'm going to polish up my Les Paul and Strat and stop buying really. I've got more than enough variation, the Cort now being my main shredder now I think.

I haven't bought an amp in 6 years, so I'm kind of used to what I have.

Pedals though....that's a different story :lol:

Seriously, since starting to watch That Pedal Show I've gone into acquisition syndrome overdrive.

There's so much I want.

Same :lol:

There just as expensive as anything else I suppose! I spent £400 on them last year and I'm not nearly done.

I still need basic things like a wah pedal ffs! I'm going to sell my Fuzzolo and try to get a more basic drive pedal, all my amps have decent enough drive anyway but I rarely use them and it seems to mess with the effects loop.