The Guitar Thread

Tom

I'll have a watch! I think that's an important video for

Anyone who doesn't own a country mansion to be honest.

I think I'm going to get a pre-amp for my Blues Deville just to cook the tubes a bit more. It sounds great at any level but I feel like there's more there and watching the YouTube reviews of the guitars.

Very tempted to pick up one of their fake rickies!

I have no idea, it's from 1988 based on the serial number and is a DC model (no idea what).

I bought it off eBay and it's nackered, I've replaced all the electrics cause they were fucked, it's been converted to a righty and back before I owned it.

But by fucking god it plays incredibly and, with Kent Armstrong pickups in it, it sounds ace. I'll take a picture or two tomorrow and pop them on

They're just 6's with a different scale length on each string giving a fan effect to the frets, it's meant to provide perfect intonation and improve ergonomics as a happy accident.

My Carvin btw, I bought it mostly based on its construction, that through neck is amazing.

The two extra holes on the front use to have switches in that would coil tap the pickups, something the Kent Armstrongs I installed couldn't do, and you can see, on the lower horn, where it had once been converted to a righty (seriously, are there not enough fucking right handed guitars in the world?)

JOAGoGB.jpg

hLnqkok.jpg

epnuAaM.jpg

PCOkdG4.jpg

4pPTWKT.jpg

F4AB31l.jpg

5VuR8Q5.jpg

That looks a quality guitar but not one that I'd want to play right handed, what the fuck is wrong with people? :lol:

The through-neck looks quality mind, really well done & besides, most guitars of that shape will just slap a bolt on neck on anyway.

I think I'll look out for a (hopefully) cheap Carvin in the future :up:

Oh god.

I already have an Ibanez with faux f-holes and wanted one of the crazier mini RG's recently. SOLD.

Hopefully they price it sensibly!

the other Mikros are £/$150 so I guess these will translate similarly

I don't think I'm in a position to buy this year...I've got maintenance to do. :(

Although that can be fun...sometimes. The Les Paul needs a proper set up and a new set of pick ups...oh and a pick guard. (The original fell into a ducks nest when I was pissed)

Tempted to get some Bonamassa signature pickups because I'm an idiot.

Also need to revavle & repair a couple of amps in the name of housekeeping

My buying this year is, probably, limited to the kit I have ordered.

Always fancied building one and I've got a very big holiday to save up for. Still, I can't help window shopping.

Yeh window shopping is always fun - I've just spotted that Orange are releasing a Rocker 15.

I absolutely adore my Rocker 30, wouldn't mind a 15 one day for lower volumes