The Guitar Thread

Tom

I think I seen one going on EBay for about £50ish and now I'm regretting not snapping it up. Tremendous fun.

Pretty much all of their reviews are decent mind, they actually tell you what you need to know, you get to hear the gear and they have a laugh with it.

Must be a great job to have!

• 4 weeks later...

Discovered Periphery this week and am now spending my weekend (and some considerable time beyond that) learning this.

As per your recommendation I've been listening to Perhiphery quite a lot, I've got the bug. Problem is I really want to buy a fucking 8 string. 

May as well get a crate of Monster Energy whilst I'm on.

I've started playing in drop A lately and am considering a 7 string once I can afford one.

Its an epidemic.

They are good though aren't they, not something I loved on first listen but I'm in deep now, going to see them in may.

I've played Drop A for a couple of songs - I think they were Muse. I feel like it was lacking because of the gauge of the string, which of course wouldn't be the case with the 8 stringers. Maybe it's sensible to start with a 7 and work up? :lol:

I think a Periphery gig would be great fun but I'd feel like a lost old man. ''Should we be moshing pet?''. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's my Les Paul sold. Being picked up tomorrow and Im not sure if I'm feeling some sellers remorse.

Eh well, once NZ is done I can push the boat out again and get something else!

Always rank to have to sell one but at least you've got the trip of a lifetime coming up!

Tempted to sell my Epiphone ES339 & Cort MBC1 as its the only way I'll be buying this year.

I know I must have watched it about 20 times and I can't stop laughing :lol:

A line has been crossed when you start to look at Strandberg's mind. There's no coming back.

I know I must have watched it about 20 times and I can't stop laughing :lol:

A line has been crossed when you start to look at Strandberg's mind. There's no coming back.

I opted to email guitarguitar about strandbergs, see if leftys were even a thing. Something I do fairly regularly with retailers with the usual answer being no.

Except this time where they said "Yeah, we're getting some in in about 8 weeks, here are some links to the right handed ones well be getting leftys of"

Fuck.

• 4 weeks later...

They're class to have but I go through phases of them being the best thing ever and not being bothered by them. 

Really depends what I'm playing at the time, so the MBC1, the PS6 and a few other things are gonna go - and I'll see what else I fancy. A seven/eight string is appealing right now but I change my mind all the time. This weekend I mainly played my Fender Strat and my Gibson Les Paul. Both are fairly good USA models and I don't really need any more than that.

Needs and wants are different however :lol:

I just had a quick Wiki of Bernie as I've never been a big Whitesnake fan & I never knew he did two tribute albums for Rory Gallagher. No doubt they'll be awful but it's certainly interesting. 

He's a cracking player to be fair, he's done a couple of interviews with Lee anderton on the andertons channel on YouTube that are a good watch