The Guitar Thread

Tom

I might pop along if I'm free, although I imagine the Dad population (Bernie) and PRS population (Range Rover drivers) of Newcastle will have it packed.

I love watching the Andertons reviews. They've replaced guitar magazines for me, tremendous fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah right, I couldn't find the video but assuming it's an FX unit/looper that relies on a PA you could probably just pick up an amp/pair of monitors for cheap and it'd do the job.

You can also get a floor monitor that works as a combo, my mate at one. We played Vx/Acoustic guitar - bass & drums and it was enough.

Probably get one < £100

Ah right, I couldn't find the video but assuming it's an FX unit/looper that relies on a PA you could probably just pick up an amp/pair of monitors for cheap and it'd do the job.

You can also get a floor monitor that works as a combo, my mate at one. We played Vx/Acoustic guitar - bass & drums and it was enough.

Probably get one < £100

Its a full amp/fx modeller in a floor unit that does similar to an Axe FX or Kemper, they've released a version with fewer I/O options that is quite a lot cheaper and is now in my range.

It has no power amp though so it needs a powered speaker, can run it into the effects loop of my Amp and that will be fine but the Cab/Mic sim won't work then and it is better with a FRFR speaker rather than one specifically for a guitar amp.

Ah fair enough - I watched a video review of the 2015 (?) model just now and they do look and sound the part. The one I've just spotted on Guitar Guitar was £1300 so Imagine you're talking about one a bit cheaper.

They are good fun but I'm not sure how well they hold value, so I'd be looking at half price above at very most!

It's not the 1300 helix, it's the LT model so it has the same software but has fewer I/O options and a steel chassis rather than aluminium to make it cheaper.

The Ibanez is an RG421EX. I've been after something metally without a trem for a while, a simple config and I've been looking expensive for ages when I noticed one of these in Dawson's, it plays wonderfully, wizard 3 neck, Matte finished which I prefer, 2 humbuckers that I will upgrade down the line (have my eye on some bareknuckles)

I won't be getting it all for a few weeks as the helix is out of stock but the order is in.

All from GuitarGuitar where I also got my Tele, they're properly good, every time I deal with them the service is bang on.

Ooof upon closer inspection that Ibanez looks gorgeous! I've never had a matte finish but I'm really regretting getting the Matt Bellamy signature in shiny daft red instead of matte black.

The RGs generally play superbly, pretty much like a guitar twice the price - so once you upgrade the pickups you're on to a winner, that said the stock Infinity pickups in my anniversary RG are pretty spot on.

Guitar Guitar are class like. The customer service is spot on if you ever need help too.

Ooof upon closer inspection that Ibanez looks gorgeous! I've never had a matte finish but I'm really regretting getting the Matt Bellamy signature in shiny daft red instead of matte black.

The RGs generally play superbly, pretty much like a guitar twice the price - so once you upgrade the pickups you're on to a winner, that said the stock Infinity pickups in my anniversary RG are pretty spot on.

Guitar Guitar are class like. The customer service is spot on if you ever need help too.

They really are, wish they'd open a shop nearer here tbh, they've managed to avoid lancashire with an almost perfect semi-circle of the birmingham, newcastle and galsgow shops.

Yeh the Newcastle lads are great. I bought that ES-339 from them last year, it was the only cherry red one they had for a while so of course Epiphone had reverse wired it.

GG pretty much rewired the whole thing whilst I went for a pint. Spot on.

Well I've got the 19th off work since Im going to see Periphery and wouldn't be able to get there in time for the supports and now Mark Holcomb has announced he's doing a clinic in Manchester that day too, so that'll be fun!

Gonna need to see some photos B)

You will, will shoot some video with them as well and post up if they come out not shit :razz:

:lol:

I'm assuming it can do so utterly insane effects.

It seems like it can go a long way to some odd shit yeah.

I'll unbox and do first impressions tomorrow for Helix and Guitar, proper review to come later once I figure out how to use the thing.

Due to my being extremely hungover there will be no video today!

Pictures though!

JusnxY2.jpg

Y6ctW4E.jpg

iIdrXQB.jpg

iLNAZSy.jpg

7diyhjW.jpg

gkVwpX4.jpg

Did you just hit the drink as soon as your lass left? :lol:

That Ibanez looks glorious mind!

Sort of...was out for a mates birthday last night and was a little less restrained than I would usually be.

The RG is gorgeous, feels great as well just need a little bit of setup work I think, I presume what are on it are the factory strings but whoever did that bit sucks at stringing guitars so I may change them while I set the intonation and action.

The Helix is fucking mind blowing, I've not gone beyond its preset patches yet and there is just tons and tons of stuff there, so many sounds.