The Guitar Thread

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

212tlsg.jpg

Finally had a play about with these new pedals. Really enjoyed the sound of the Fuzzolo & Hotone Eko particularly & they complement each other very well. The Fuzz sound is pretty wonderful - not something you'd associate with 'live' guitar sound - with most contemporary musicians anyway - as it seems to break up a bit more when it's blasted, it seems a little more saturated at home level.

Yeh so class sounding pedal, very versatile & like any Zvex it will occasionally kick off for no reason. The Eko is a very nice analogue style delay, which is epic because it breaks up and degrades, plus it as a modular mode allowing it to self oscillate, which with these type of pedals can really sound awesome - although again - it doesn't necessarily translate to something you'd hear live, unless you're watching Radiohead or something.

The Harmonist sounds class as expected and has some mad as fuck sounds as well as plain nice ones- although I need to have a read of the instructions because I'm after some precise sounds.

The Fender ABY is pretty class - for £30, smartly built and it can switch between to amps or select both.

Lot of figuring out to do and experimenting but so far all class fun and none of them broke the bank. :up:

What do people make of these Yamaha Silent Guitars. They look like some weird art piece, but they got a 10/10 review in Guitarist magazine.

They basically have no acoustics so they are really quiet, but you can plug headphones in and it sounds like a proper acoustic guitar. Sounds like you can plug music directly into it too and play along with it through your headphones. Good for travelling and if you've got young kids, I would imagine.

4DD2A018758A48FFB5F5585C476AA471_12073.j

• 6 months later...

Haha aye :lol:

I was most sure it would be around £400-500 but a grand is a little over the top.

Personally I find Marshalls a little limited anyway!

• 1 month later...

Its bonus day!

So amongst a bunch of other stuff I have bought myself this...

ac2lAUJ.jpg

Egnater Tweaker 15

And this for my other half, her first guitar.

BkHjo9A.jpg

fVHOhHk.jpg

A Squier Affinity Strat, its really very nice, certainly a lot nicer than the Squiers they were making when I started learning

Nice! Yeh the Squiers are quality these days, I have a Cabronita with Bigsby and its the reason I sold my fender Cabronita, half the price but a slightly better guitar.

What's the deal with the Egnater? I've never played or heard one!

Its absolutely ace, I must admit I bought it having never played one but on the strength of the reviews.

Its a 15 watt valve combo that's made to be versatile.

It can switch between a Marshall/Fender/Vox voicing, has a hot/clean switch has some other switches to change the bottom end etc, hence, tweaker.

And, on the Squier, I am so impressed with it, for £160 it is a cracking instrument, really well put together and finished, the pickups are streets ahead of the tinny things in my first one.

I must admit the amp sounds amazing! Although I don't think I have room in the budget for one right now it's certainly the kind of amp I'd be looking for. Can you adjust the wattage too?

Yeh again on the Squiers - I'd be happy to go and spend a decent amount of money on one these days. Chinese/Indonesian made guitars are sounding as good as Mexican fenders 10 years ago. The quality of build and look are just as good too.

I could quite fancy the Ryan Jarman signature though the best Squire I've played is a Vista made in Japan. Those things are off the scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found a beauty '62 re-issue Tele with binding and quilted maple top in Japan. While I was waiting for the salesman to get back to me on some questions, it was sold in the local shop. Heartbroken isn't a strong enough word.

Found another and ordered it Thursday. Imagine my surprise when the knock on my door this afternoon was the delivery. That was fast. Beautiful TL62 - bound body, quilted top. MIJ limited edition. That and false hope from the game today. Will have to post a pic later.