The Guitar Thread

Tom

Just going through reviews at the moment, some of the American ones can be a little bitchy but then the next American review contradicts it, so you never know :lol:

I already have an RG in yellow - and some reviews are calling this an "upgraded RG" rather than an out and out JEM. I think I'd prefer the mahogany body but I'm not sure about the Pick ups yet. I'd stick a Di Marzio Evo set in eventually i think but I'm trying to establish whether it comes with Infinity pickups or quantum.

I'd want the quantum as they're voiced like Di Marzio's, Infinity are decent but it's something I already have.

it looks hilarious though :lol: 

Aye, I'm just waiting on some details from Guitar Guitar on the pick ups/neck. If it's essentially an RG with a hole in it I might change my mind...though mahogany is tempting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I ditched the Ibanez for now - I just couldn't justify spending £400 + on a guitar which is essentially just a cooler looking version of a guitar I already have. Shame, I'm that fickle that Quantum pickups would have done it for me too. 

BUT the I still had the bass amp problem so (while my sister is skint) I ended up picking up a one of these - 

The spec seemed really good, particularly the blend mode which means you can get proper bass drive whilst keeping the actual bass in the tone. Ended up going for the 50w, the 25w is too small and the 100w is too large. Anyway they look cool.

Got myself a couple of things too, a Gibson Vintage guitar restoration set and some strings. I'm good to myself. (2005 is vintage right?)

Ok so the bass amp came today and It's awesome! So ridiculously versatile, it's easy to dial in Muse or the Cribs, black sabbath whatever - even that weird funky slap style.

Also - the Gibson restoration kit made my les Paul look like new. I'm amazed how much difference lemon oil makes to the fretboard.

also perhaps of interest to @andrew - Gibson's 2018 range prices left hand and right hand guitars the same! :o 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

I was wondering what the fuck had happened to him the other week when David Grohl was getting interviewed on telly

He makes an appearance in the Foo Fighters documentary on Netflix. Dave Grohl is a legend. Although the time he re-recorded an entire albums worth of drum tracks behind his drummers back cos he was better was a bit nasty :lol: