The Guitar Thread

Tom

On 06/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, Kid Dynamite said:

He makes an appearance in the Foo Fighters documentary on Netflix. Dave Grohl is a legend. Although the time he re-recorded an entire albums worth of drum tracks behind his drummers back cos he was better was a bit nasty :lol:

On a similar note I was talking to mate of mine recently and we were on about this house party we were at and when someone had Ceefax ( :lol: ) up on the telly and it was announced that Kurt Cobain was dead. I think it probably had more impact than any other celebrity death on us lot because of our age, his popularity and how all of us there were into his music. I checked and it must've been the Easter holidays in my first year at university because it was 1994. I knew it was a good while ago but 23 years ffs. David Grohl still looks great, btw. Definitely aged better than Chris Novoselic anyway.

Edited by Alex

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I only found out when the Journal came through the door the next morning. "ROCK STAR SHOT DEAD" was the headline iirc. Never ones to beat around the bush. :lol:

Were you pleased it wasn't Andy Cairns? ;)

1 hour ago, Alex said:

On a similar note I was talking to mate of mine recently and we were on about this house party we were at and when someone had Ceefax ( :lol: ) up on the telly and it was announced that Kurt Cobain was dead. I think it probably had more impact than any other celebrity death on us lot because of our age, his popularity and how all of us there were into his music. I checked and it must've been the Easter holidays in my first year at university because it was 1994. I knew it was a good while ago but 23 years ffs. David Grohl still looks great, btw. Definitely aged better than Chris Novoselic anyway.

And way better than Kurt Cobain.

36 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

And way better than Kurt Cobain.

When I got the message to see you'd quoted me and saw the text at first I thought it was you suggesting Andt Cairns was better than Kurt Cobain :lol:

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Johnny Marr is mint on the latest Buxton podcast. Definitely gonna get his book. 

The older I get the more ridiculous Morrissey's lyrics from The Smiths seem but Marr's stuff is fucking brilliant to this day.

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

The older I get the more ridiculous Morrissey's lyrics from The Smiths seem but Marr's stuff is fucking brilliant to this day.

In the other camp. The more poignant they seem now.

His transformation into wannabe hard man is one of the funniest things in the history of pop music. And I say that as someone who quite likes him and his music. Bit like how he keeps banging on about England but hasn't lived here for about 20 years.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

He's great. Genuinely engaging on the podcast too, even whips his guitar out now and again to chat on about how different ideas came to him etc. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

His transformation into wannabe hard man is one of the funniest things in the history of pop music. And I say that as someone who quite likes him and his music. Bit like how he keeps banging on about England but hasn't lived here for about 20 years.

Im not even sure it's "wannabe hard man". I don't know what it is but it's bizarre how many people will completely gloss over the fact he's a nob :lol:

16 hours ago, Tom said:

Im not even sure it's "wannabe hard man". I don't know what it is but it's bizarre how many people will completely gloss over the fact he's a nob :lol:

:lol: It is like.

18 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He's great. Genuinely engaging on the podcast too, even whips his guitar out now and again to chat on about how different ideas came to him etc. 

Gave Oasis that guitar innit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/10/2017 at 0:20 PM, Gemmill said:

Johnny Marr is mint on the latest Buxton podcast. Definitely gonna get his book. 

Well that escalated quickly 

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well that escalated quickly 

:lol: I've been in the market for a new guitar for a while, but I thought it was gonna be a quality acoustic. But aye definitely a bit of a diversion. :lol:

Paid for entirely with money from matched betting, which I still recommend people get into. 

Fucking hell. That's a decent way to buy a guitar.

Im in. 

You'll have to post a couple of pictures of the guitar etc, let us know how he it plays. Thems the rules.