Larndan

wykikitoon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough I guess. So Meenzer, are you there out of choice, or is there any other UK city you'd prefer?

Bit of both - I'm here because my fella

I always thought you were a bloke Meenz.

:lol:

Fair enough I guess. So Meenzer, are you there out of choice, or is there any other UK city you'd prefer?

:rolleyes:

Well if you were new to this board, you would automatically think he's a lass or a shirt lifter from the individual post.

Drinking sex on the beaches and sharing finger food with your mates, before sampling a nice bottle of rose. Im pretty sure im the only one on here with an I.Q. under 30 who thinks thats fucking creepy

edit - I own 1 pinball table, and neither man nor beast can get enough of my cock when they come round! Every fucker who plays on it thanks the lord I have it so they don't have to talk to me :lol:

fyp

Drinking sex on the beaches and sharing finger food with your mates, before sampling a nice bottle of rose. Im pretty sure im not the only one on here under 30 who thinks thats fucking creepy

edit - I own 1 pinball table, and neither man nor beast can get enough of it when they come round! Every fucker who plays on it wants one! :lol:

The idea of him having a good time bothers you that much? Rhetorical question btw.

I suppose I don't really "use" London these days as much as I used to - I had a housemate for a couple of years a while ago which did lead to a lot of stuff there but recently I've been happy to just go to a few gigs and the odd night out after work.

I sort of accept the prices but deep down I can't help feeling stung - even though I know from trips to Newcastle that there isn't a huge difference any more.

I've lived down here since 1999 so aside from a couple of years in the US, have lived here for nigh on 9 years.

I have to say, I absolutely love the place. So much choice, so many different places to go drinking/eating, so many things to see. The main thing for me that I love is that it is so multicultural, you come into contact with so many different types of people, the variety is amazing. The nightlife is great (so long as you avoid the West End) and not that much more expensive than the rest of the UK.

Public transport (rush hour aside) is really comprehensive.

Regarding the people, I don't find them as bad as people make out. I'll always found that Londoners have a certain affection for geordies also. I certainly find them friendlier than anytime I've ever been to places like Manchester. They are not as friendly as people in Newcastle but (and I'm obviously biased here) but I think geordies are fairly unique in their live for today outlook which makes them so warm.

Having lived here for so long, I really couldn't see myself living anywhere else in the UK. When you come here from smaller places you tend to be out of your comfort zone (it took me about a year to get used to the place) and it can be quite daunting. For that reason, I can understand why people don't like it.

I've lived down here since 1999 so aside from a couple of years in the US, have lived here for nigh on 9 years.

I have to say, I absolutely love the place. So much choice, so many different places to go drinking/eating, so many things to see. The main thing for me that I love is that it is so multicultural, you come into contact with so many different types of people, the variety is amazing. The nightlife is great (so long as you avoid the West End) and not that much more expensive than the rest of the UK.

Public transport (rush hour aside) is really comprehensive.

Regarding the people, I don't find them as bad as people make out. I'll always found that Londoners have a certain affection for geordies also. I certainly find them friendlier than anytime I've ever been to places like Manchester. They are not as friendly as people in Newcastle but (and I'm obviously biased here) but I think geordies are fairly unique in their live for today outlook which makes them so warm.

Having lived here for so long, I really couldn't see myself living anywhere else in the UK. When you come here from smaller places you tend to be out of your comfort zone (it took me about a year to get used to the place) and it can be quite daunting. For that reason, I can understand why people don't like it.

Even when you've been away in London two weeks, everything seems so small and slow paced when you come back across the Tyne, and I bet it's the same going home to Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool or anywhere from there - people's aspirations, the city, ideas, the importance of NUFC, none of that is a bad thing in my opinion, but if you don't hit the ground running in London you get trampled on.

Drinking sex on the beaches and sharing finger food with your mates, before sampling a nice bottle of rose. Im pretty sure im not the only one on here under 30 who thinks thats fucking creepy

edit - I own 1 pinball table, and neither man nor beast can get enough of it when they come round! Every fucker who plays on it wants one! :lol:

The idea of him having a good time bothers you that much? Rhetorical question btw.

Of course not, but my alpha male gene means i cant let a comment like that lie without giving him some well deserved grief. I forgot we are above all that on here though

edit - I own 1 pinball table, and neither man nor beast can get enough of it when they come round! Every fucker who plays on it wants one! :rolleyes:

Of course not, but my alpha male gene means i cant let a comment like that lie without giving him some well deserved grief. I forgot we are above all that on here though

Alpha male nurse? :lol:

WTF, fresh meat here Meenz.

And KD, I bit when your mate leaves he doesn't wish he had his own table, he knows that he can come around to your house any time he wants because he's your only friend and you're lonely.

WTF, fresh meat here Meenz.

And KD, I bit when your mate leaves he doesn't wish he had his own table, he knows that he can come around to your house any time he wants because he's your only friend and you're lonely.

You come up with that one yourself :lol:

edit - I own 1 pinball table, and neither man nor beast can get enough of it when they come round! Every fucker who plays on it wants one! :huff:

Alpha male nurse? :rolleyes:

As opposed to all the hyper masculine jobs of everyone else :lol:

nerd1.gif

edit - I own 1 pinball table, and neither man nor beast can get enough of it when they come round! Every fucker who plays on it wants one! :rolleyes:

This kid honestly, I can't even bring words to describe what a deep bell end he is, like ingrained in his soul. Alpha male. 200 people have probably viewed that, and no one commented unbelievable. Alpha fuckin male. Gene. You're from Chester Le Street with a mackem accent like Bryan Robson, you're a boring bald cunt, and the only thing that stops you from looking like an aids victim is you don't drink or smoke, you fuckin nob. Alpha male gene :lol:

Edited by Stevie

As opposed to all the hyper masculine jobs of everyone else :lol:

I'm not claiming to be, am I? I couldn't compete with you and Fop for a start. As usual though, you miss the point. It's funny when you contradict yourself as well. Like how you're always bemoaning the fact that in our drinking culture people just go out to get mortal, then when Fish describes a civilised night out with a few drinks and food, suddenly it's not macho enough for a teetotaller in a job dominated by females. Trying too hard tbh.

The 2 points you make are mutually exclusive though. I dont think Ive ever accused 'everyone' who drinks to do so just to get mortal, you keep telling me I have though? Takes a real bloke to be comfortable in a job dominated by lasses tbh :lol:

Alpha fuckin male. Gene. You're from Chester Le Street with a mackem accent like Bryan Robson

Ive seen chimps with a better grasp of logic than you Stevie. I wasnt suggesting for one minute that I could compete with your manliness. I mean you were born North of the Tyne for one, and you hate foreigners. Il try and be more like you from now on. Il grow my hair and smerk tabs.

I really like London and visit fairly regularly. In fact, I'm flying to Athens from Heathrow on Monday. I cannot believe that people of my generation (ish) have never been.

I'm going to apply to train in anaesthetics in London from next August. There are five schools of anaesthetisa in London. My current selection critera is a)how far away I could be sent away from London and b)how good is their website. If anyone has a better way of choosing then I'd like to hear it.

And no, standard of clunge is not mentioned on any of their websites.

The 2 points you make are mutually exclusive though. I dont think Ive ever accused 'everyone' who drinks to do so just to get mortal, you keep telling me I have though? Takes a real bloke to be comfortable in a job dominated by lasses tbh :lol:

Speaking as someone who came through a university course with a 9:1 female:male ratio and now works in an industry with a similar statistic, I couldn't agree more. :rolleyes:

Speaking as someone who came through a university course with a 9:1 female:male ratio and now works in an industry with a similar statistic, I couldn't agree more. :rolleyes:

what course was that, it clearly wasn't an I.T one =(

What women do best...babbling on incoherently :huff:

Alpha fuckin male. Gene. You're from Chester Le Street with a mackem accent like Bryan Robson

Ive seen chimps with a better grasp of logic than you Stevie. I wasnt suggesting for one minute that I could compete with your manliness. I mean you were born North of the Tyne for one, and you hate foreigners. Il try and be more like you from now on. Il grow my hair and smerk tabs.

Another carbuncle of nonsense, I don't hate foreigners, some of them are lovely people, foreigners who can't and refuse to speak or learn English, are better people when they're in their motherland in my view, but that's got nothing to do with you being a nob, or talking about alpha male genes.

I think it can be great when you're in a job where the majority of the people you work with are lasses especially in what is I concede a noble profession like the job you do, I can't slate you for it you help people and it's a very noble cause despite the fact you're a bellend. However, it's the same with blokes in office jobs where the overwhelming majority of the staff are lasses, you're exposed to extreme bitchiness, and the patter and your patter becomes dire, you end up talking about the X Factor, weight watchers points, and all inclusives in Turkey, and it explains how you're such a fanny. When you're with educated lasses this isn't an issue but I doubt you'll be working with too many members of MENSA. Due to your profession though with it actually being a stimulating job the effects may not be quite as bad as stuck in an office role. I've seen it happen to loads of blokes though in womens jobs.