A Toontastic Share

Scottish Mag

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably makes sense for people to declare a ceiling on what they would contribute. So anyone declaring a fresh interest do that, and those that have already declared do it now. This can be added alongside your name in the OP (sorry mods) and will give us an initial view of how many shares we are looking at.

If we had 1.9 or 2.5 or something, we could do a second round where people declare if they want to up their amount to push us over the edge for another share.

Then what SM says makes sense - that you look to group people with similar size donations and smooth out the differences so everyone has an equal share of their share.

So 100 quid from me.

If people start adding or pming me their limits I will start on pulling this together.

My only concern with the whole thing would be people saying that they want in and not paying up I know it would never be a massive amount but if people have already made a payment it could end up a right pain in the arse.

Goes without saying that anyone who wants to go lower shouldn't feel pressured to volunteer more than they can afford or want to afford!

That's why I suggested the multiple shares with different buyins earlier in the thread.

People can pick the one they want to go into. It will also make it easier to divide the dividends at the end of the year as everyone in the share gets the same.

Looking through the thread, we could collect names for shares at the following buy in rates: £30, £50, $100, $150

If I go ahead and do this myself I'll only put £50 tops in a toontastic syndicate. If I feel I can't 'go it alone' I'll put about £150 in this syndicate and may put a further bit in the trust itself. Still thinking to be honest and would like to see an IFA when I get the chance.

Someone with the technical knowledge and perhaps some cajones can add my name to the list.

Cheers. :lol:

It will also make it easier to divide the dividends at the end of the year as everyone in the share gets the same.

I can't see fighting over 30 quid being a major issue. :lol:

Edited by ewerk

If people start adding or pming me their limits I will start on pulling this together.

My only concern with the whole thing would be people saying that they want in and not paying up I know it would never be a massive amount but if people have already made a payment it could end up a right pain in the arse.

As long as you don't have a huge number of dropouts, the increase required in the remaining people's contribution would be pretty insignificant as a proportion of their donation, so hopefully not a huge problem. I know what you mean though, it adds extra layers of hassle.

It will also make it easier to divide the dividends at the end of the year as everyone in the share gets the same.

Dividends to charity tbh. If they were ever big enough to reinvest we could go that route, but somehow I doubt that.

Dividends to charity tbh. If they were ever big enough to reinvest we could go that route, but somehow I doubt that.

Suits me.