Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City

Guest Stevie

We should beat this Swansea team. They've got a decent defence (be it tactically or personnel) but they haven't been that threatening up front imo. I'd back our defenders to keep them out, but if (like so many teams) they're looking at this game being their biggest they back line might have enough in them to keep Carroll and Harewood quiet.

Neither have we.

If yet again we can rely on a goal from midfield fine and fair enough, but I'd worry our front two aren't making their own chances.
:razz:

It's not really about the front two making their own chances though, the crux of it is the midfield isn't creative enough so they are being starved of service.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's obvious I've not got much faith in our creativity, it's that the midfield has been scoring most of the small number of goals we've got.

I want strikers to at least finish the chances that do fall to them though. Harewood is wasteful and disinterested, Ranger looks scared of shooting and while Carroll is doing well he needs a more senior head to play alongside as often his good work comes to nought.

As we don't have creativity in the middle we need our strikers to make and take their own chances.

I think it's obvious I've not got much faith in our creativity, it's that the midfield has been scoring most of the small number of goals we've got.

I want strikers to at least finish the chances that do fall to them though. Harewood is wasteful and disinterested, Ranger looks scared of shooting and while Carroll is doing well he needs a more senior head to play alongside as often his good work comes to nought.

As we don't have creativity in the middle we need our strikers to make and take their own chances.

That's asking too much of players though who aren't known for creating things themselves. Especially at this level. Hughton needs to get the midfield sorted, and by that I mean by actually playing a balanced side and not just trying to accommodate certain players in there.

Is he going to stick Lovenkrands up top? Thougt he might revert to the 4-5-1 with 'Krands and Guti out wide and Nolan getting forward to play off Harewood. The 4-5-1 seemed to be the plan last week, albeit away from home.

Think thats the plan.....dont like it all the same!

Why not start Pancake and Ranger??

Anyone with a radio link please?

Edited by Geordie Lad...

The Goombah's repaying my faith... well, a little anyways :razz:

It's lovely to hear our fans with the 'Get out of our club' chant, I don't think anyone could be mistaken as to our feelings.