RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE FOR CHRISTMAS NO.1

AgentAxeman

cos i dont like Simon Cowell

Why are you helping to double the record sales of the company he works for then?

the TWELVE FUCKING WEEKS of X factor on the telly or the really crap kareoke singer that won.

You think a chart war where the public battle to buy up as many records as possible and both acts on the same label benefit from inflated sales is going to make Simon Cowell think again before starting another series....and in all liklihood generating a similar battle?

:lol:

fuckin hell, thats some intellectuallising going on there happy. if you dont want to buy it thats your choice. if you want to buy it, again, thats your choice. if you want to do neither etc., etc..

who cares if sony get the money. not me. it probably has been engineered that way but arent most things in life? as far as i can see this christmas no.1 is a 2 horse race. i'm choosing the song i like best.

get over it!!

:(

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you helping to double the record sales of the company he works for then?

the TWELVE FUCKING WEEKS of X factor on the telly or the really crap kareoke singer that won.

You think a chart war where the public battle to buy up as many records as possible and both acts on the same label benefit from inflated sales is going to make Simon Cowell think again before starting another series....and in all liklihood generating a similar battle?

fuckin hell, thats some intellectuallising going on there happy. if you dont want to buy it thats your choice. if you want to buy it, again, thats your choice. if you want to do neither etc., etc..

who cares if sony get the money. not me. it probably has been engineered that way but arent most things in life? as far as i can see this christmas no.1 is a 2 horse race. i'm choosing the song i like best.

get over it!!

Intellectualising? It's plain as day man. You couldn't make this shit up :(

get over it!!

The fuckin cheeky twat Cowell was on the radio earlier saying that those who set the facebook RATM group up were "cynical" :(

Do you think he's familiar with the concept of irony? <_<

get over it!!

The fuckin cheeky twat Cowell was on the radio earlier saying that those who set the facebook RATM group up were "cynical" :(

I've always found him to be a very funny, self-aware, intelligent man so yes, I think it's safe to say he was fully aware of the irony in his comments....as well as the further publicity it would generate for the facebook campaign. Rest assured he wholeheartedly endorses the effort.

Axeman, I just thought that since you left actually liking the song till last, your most important reason for downloading was to strike a blow against Cowell and the X-factor. I thought you were making a stand against 'the industry' but now your saying it's par for the course and i should get over it...but I'm not the one joining a campaign to put an end to engineered chart success.

Personally I'm in a win win situation because either way there's going to half a million people getting all pissy about what's number one in the charts and i get to take the piss out of them.

get over it!!

Intellectualising? It's plain as day man. You couldn't make this shit up :icon_lol:

well like DUH!!!

:icon_lol:

you're as daft as you think i am if you think i didnt realise it!!

<_<:(

get over it!!

I've always found him to be a very funny, self-aware, intelligent man so yes, I think it's safe to say he was fully aware of the irony in his comments....as well as the further publicity it would generate for the facebook campaign. Rest assured he wholeheartedly endorses the effort.

Axeman, I just thought that since you left actually liking the song till last, your most important reason for downloading was to strike a blow against Cowell and the X-factor. I thought you were making a stand against 'the industry' but now your saying it's par for the course and i should get over it...but I'm not the one joining a campaign to put an end to engineered chart success.

Personally I'm in a win win situation because either way there's going to half a million people getting all pissy about what's number one in the charts and i get to take the piss out of them.

You're spot on imo. Especially re: the last paragraph.

get over it!!

Do you think he's familiar with the concept of irony? :icon_lol:

had on there Happy...............

(switches big wooden spoon to opposite hand)

<_<

get over it!!

Intellectualising? It's plain as day man. You couldn't make this shit up :icon_lol:

well like DUH!!!

So when you said "fuckin hell, thats some intellectuallising going on there happy", what you actually meant was the opposite? Course you did.

get over it!!

well like DUH!!!

So when you said "fuckin hell, thats some intellectuallising going on there happy", what you actually meant was the opposite? Course you did.

maybe i should have put a smiley at the end of that statement to make it even more obvious :scratchchin:

get over it!!

well like DUH!!!

maybe i should have put a smiley at the end of that statement to make it even more obvious :scratchchin:

I don't even think you're sure what you're on about now.

get over it!!

well like DUH!!!

:scratchchin:

I don't even think you're sure what you're on about now.

OH OH, SERIOUS CONVERSATION ALERT!1!1!1!1!1111!!!111

stop being so serious Alex. it 79p we're talking about here. if it makes me happy to spend this piddly little amount on something stupid then i'll do it. call it vindictiveness if you like for having to endure people yakking on about this shite for the last 3 months. :icon_lol:

and i really do like the song. shirley that should be a good enough reason to buy it!

I know the coverage X factor gets is huge, and I know that tabloids print what people want, and what people want is shit because they're idiots. However a small part of you still dies when you see that the fact a winner of a talent contest is putting his career before his love life and doesn't fancy Cheryl Cole is deemed front page news by four national 'newspapers'.

I know the coverage X factor gets is huge, and I know that tabloids print what people want, and what people want is shit because they're idiots. However a small part of you still dies when you see that the fact a winner of a talent contest is putting his career before his love life and doesn't fancy Cheryl Cole is deemed front page news by four national 'newspapers'.

I feel the same when people ignore the bailout thread and post in the iphone one :lol:

Doesnt fancy Cheryl Cole and insists he is straight. Well one of them is a fucking lie!

Doesnt fancy Cheryl Cole and insists he is straight. Well one of them is a fucking lie!

Tbf what's he supposed to say? 'Yes, I do fancy the pants off my friend and mentor, who is married to a millionaire footballer. This will not make our working relationship in any way awkward'.

Tbf what's he supposed to say? 'Yes, I do fancy the pants off my friend and mentor, who is married to a millionaire footballer. This will not make our working relationship in any way awkward'.

"I'm 18, for fuck's sake. You work it out" would be a start. Well, any semblance of personality and autonomous thinking would be a start.

"I'm 18, for fuck's sake. You work it out" would be a start. Well, any semblance of personality and autonomous thinking would be a start.

There are millions of 18 year olds with character and the balls to say what they think and be genuinely funny, but none of them would be any good to Cowell. He wants automotons who are grateful for their ahem "break" and who will do as they are fuckin told.

i just bought it. despite the fact that ratm are signed to sony's epic, cowell's x factor act not being number 1 would surely piss him off....which has to be good thing if you ask me. the smug git.

that said, i don't really blame cowell for pumping out the x factor every year. it's the cretins that keep watching the shows and buying the songs. he's feeding the nation banality and the nation is lapping it up.

ratm getting to number one might won't mean there are any less morons in the country but knowing that killing in the name is getting airplay on xmas day when people are turking into their turkey instead of more manufactured rubbish will make me giggle. worth the 99p for that alone

Joe's will be number 1 like. It's only just appeared in the shops and the little bints will be buying it in droves whereas RATM will have shot its load already as it'll be all download sales.

The music snobbery on here is grotesque.

Why would 12 year old girls, housewives and gays want to listen to Tool or RATM?

Can you imagine if i started a facebook group to ensure that all of the Kerrang awards went to boybands and novelty acts? It'd be the act of a pathetic loser who should spend more time appreciating his own music collection than denegrating others.

But no, let's ridicule the popular taste, so kids feel like twats for liking something, lose any interest they might have had and don't develop their taste as they mature, but are instead put off for life from the pursuit of happiness through music. Anyone who doesn't pop out of the vagina understanding why Television are better than Busted must be a fucktard that doesn't deserve a musical youth.

Betty Boo doing the doo was the first record I bought.

The music snobbery on here is grotesque.

Why would 12 year old girls, housewives and gays want to listen to Tool or RATM?

Can you imagine if i started a facebook group to ensure that all of the Kerrang awards went to boybands and novelty acts? It'd be the act of a pathetic loser who should spend more time appreciating his own music collection than denegrating others.

But no, let's ridicule the popular taste, so kids feel like twats for liking something, lose any interest they might have had and don't develop their taste as they mature, but are instead put off for life from the pursuit of happiness through music. Anyone who doesn't pop out of the vagina understanding why Television are better than Busted must be a fucktard that doesn't deserve a musical youth.

Betty Boo doing the doo was the first record I bought.

:lol: rag week HF?