Transfer window predictions

spongebob toonpants

The most eagerly awaited since the last one.

Despite the noises from Llambias/Hughton about strengthening and nobody leaving my spidey senses are expecting another transfer window from hell.

Lets have your predictions for ins /outs net spend(lol)/ profit

I fully expect one of S Taylor/Colo/Enriques to go, I wouldnt be surprised if someone came in for Nolan, and I think Carrol might be the subject of an offer "too good to turn down"

As for incoming, persistant rumours about Kilgannon an Beckford. Very uninspiring but might happen to replace any of the above who depart. "Good Business" says DL

Profit £7.5m (it costs him £20m a season you know. Just out of the goodness of his heart. Cunt)

i dont think any big names will leave.............maybe carrol perhaps if money is good..............i think we will buy a forward and a defender .........beckford for 1.5 million ish and a half decent championship defender......apart from that i think he will keep the team together for final promotion push ....we only need 35 points for promotion so why rock the boat now.......just my opinion like..........

No forwards or defenders will leave. Hughton said he needed to replace Marlon and Zurab.

As for midfield... If "stupid" offers are made, considering Cashleys idea of "stupid" is probably a lot lower than all of ours, Nolan might go*

Fingers crossed.

*Best player in the Championship :D

Edited by Martin

i think we'll lose enrique and jonas

and replace them with worse players or loan signings

Probably Nolan as well, bottom three PL clubs would gladly take a punt on him at this point I'd think. Maybe even that Bolton return that was discussed earlier in the season. Colo might go as well. Pretty much anyone who was in our first team in the PL.

I dont think nolan will tbh, bottom three are more likely than us to be playing in the CCC next season as it stands and hes only been with us a year, add the fact he seems to be enjoying playing for us at the moment, scoring goals and being paid a pretty big sum to do it (probably) and I see him staying

I'm very gloomy about it. We've ended every transfer window under Ashley in worse shape than before it, I don't expect any difference this time around. Complacency and incompetence again.

I don't think anyone will be that interested in buying any of our players and for that reason I think we'll hang onto them all. At the same time we may try to bring in cheap players or players on loan. Other clubs will be surprised at how little Ashley is willing to pay. Gone are the Shepherd days of big transfers.

Ashley and Llambias have successfully beat us down so much that a 1.5 mill signing will feel like Christmas has come again.

I don't think anyone will be that interested in buying any of our players and for that reason I think we'll hang onto them all. At the same time we may try to bring in cheap players or players on loan. Other clubs will be surprised at how little Ashley is willing to pay. Gone are the Shepherd days of big transfers.

Ashley and Llambias have successfully beat us down so much that a 1.5 mill signing will feel like Christmas has come again.

Agree the last sentence totally the first bit I disagree with though, I think the likes of Taylor, Nolan, Jonas, Colo and to an extent Shola will all be on the radar for some of the "bigger" clubs in the Prem.

Agree the last sentence totally the first bit I disagree with though, I think the likes of Taylor, Nolan, Jonas, Colo and to an extent Shola will all be on the radar for some of the "bigger" clubs in the Prem.

There's bound to be some panic buying going on. Not only are we a selling club, we also seem to be push overs when it comes to negotiating ("How much? OK, it's a deal!". These days I think anybody would be sold for a 3m offer, to anybody (including Sunderland). The bargain hunters will be sniffing round. I'd add Enrique to the list.

There's bound to be some panic buying going on. Not only are we a selling club, we also seem to be push overs when it comes to negotiating ("How much? OK, it's a deal!". These days I think anybody would be sold for a 3m offer, to anybody (including Sunderland). The bargain hunters will be sniffing round. I'd add Enrique to the list.

Well, if it means Ameobi is bought, I would be pretty happy.

I agree.

Selling all our best players is a worthy sacrifice to make if it means we'll also sell our best striker in the middle of a promotion bid.

Hows about:

Straight swap Beattie for Carroll (Does our man have a date with the beak some time soon?)

David Bentley on loan to the end of the season (he's desperate to resurrect his career, and he would be an answer to our right wing problem if he did turn into what he once was).

Yeah, I know, flying pigs and all that :D

I agree.

Selling all our best players is a worthy sacrifice to make if it means we'll also sell our best striker in the middle of a promotion bid.

He clearly isn't. I rate all the three other strikers more than him. Most of his goals are there on a platter, any of our other strikers can put them away aswell. Let's be honest aswell, he hasn't been here most of the season either and we have done just fine.

Edited by Attain

I agree.

He clearly isn't. I rate all the three other strikers more than him. Most of his goals are there on a platter, any of our other strikers can put them away aswell. Let's be honest aswell, he hasn't been here most of the season either and we have done just fine.

So then genius, how come that despite playing more games than Ameobi, our other strikers this season: Harewood, Lovenkrands and Carroll, all scored fewer goals than him? And by some margin too.

I agree.

Weapons grade stupidity tbh

fraid you've got to be in the right place at the right time. shola ( at this level at least) consistently does this. the other players all have their qualities, but ( and it makes me wonder why i'm doing this), shola is our best goalscorer (at least from our forwards, bearing in mind nolan's scored the most....).