Asda

Glasgow Mag

Went to Asda this evening as my local Tesco and Sainsbury's were both shut. A few observations:

(1) The place stinks as soon as you go in the door.

(2) Every second shopper is on their mobile phone (probably to some fat bastard wedged into the sofa at home) shouting, "Do you want blueberry or chocolate muffins, crinkled or straight kettle chips?"

(3) Tons of unruly children running around not looking where they are going, parents screaming at them.

(4) I'd never buy anything fresh from this store, only wrapped stuff. Their bakery, meat, fish, ready meals look bloody garbage.

Is it just me or has anyone else had similar experiences in this chain of supermarkets? Ever experienced it to such a degree elsewhere?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Asda this evening as my local Tesco and Sainsbury's were both shut. A few observations:

(1) The place stinks as soon as you go in the door.

(2) Every second shopper is on their mobile phone (probably to some fat bastard wedged into the sofa at home) shouting, "Do you want blueberry or chocolate muffins, crinkled or straight kettle chips?"

(3) Tons of unruly children running around not looking where they are going, parents screaming at them.

(4) I'd never buy anything fresh from this store, only wrapped stuff. Their bakery, meat, fish, ready meals look bloody garbage.

Is it just me or has anyone else had similar experiences in this chain of supermarkets? Ever experienced it to such a degree elsewhere?

Which Asda?

While I never enjoy any supermarket- they bring out the worst in people- Asda is one of the worst places to shop. Our only local supermarket is an Asda, which acts as a kind of United Nations of Scum, whereby idiots of all races and creeds gather round a run-down piece of England to drive their trollies with the same absent-mindedness which they afford motorised transport in the adjoining car-park.

The five quid for an online delivery is simply the best fiver you could ever spend. Just make sure you buy loads of heavy stuff to make the fuckers sweat for it.

Best supermarkets containing best quality food, really helpful and well educated staff and are populated with the finest shoppers:

1) Netto

2) Herrons

3) Price Watch

4) Booze Buster (you can get all of your essentials in one shop from Booze Buster)

Netto for me every time, mind, Herrons would be my first choice but some of staff can occasionally be very snobbish.

Best supermarkets containing best quality food, really helpful and well educated staff and are populated with the finest shoppers:

1) Netto

2) Herrons

3) Price Watch

4) Booze Buster (you can get all of your essentials in one shop from Booze Buster)

Netto for me every time, mind, Herrons would be my first choice but some of staff can occasionally be very snobbish.

Aldi?

wot a load of saddo,s talking asda, tesco etc etc ... must have nowt better to do like a load of fishwifes........get a life........if you are gonna talk a load of shite talk about the sad mackems ...now that is 100%shite ta ra

wot a load of saddo,s talking asda, tesco etc etc ... must have nowt better to do like a load of fishwifes........get a life........if you are gonna talk a load of shite talk about the sad mackems ...now that is 100%shite ta ra

I couldn't find the Scottish to English translator on babblefish, I am sure what you said was very clever though.

I rate them as:-

1. M&S

2. Waitrose

3. Sainsburys- Morrisons

4. Tesco

5. Asda Co-op Somerfields

6. Liddles

You rate Morrisons as high as Sainsburys? :D

For me its:

1. Waitrose

2. M&S

3. Sainsburys

4. Tesco

5. Asda

6. Morrisons

7. Lidl / Aldi

8. Iceland

9. Netto

Safeway was alright, on a par with Tesco IMO but Morrisons have turned them to shit.

Guest Stevie
Asda is definitely more full of paraffins than Tesco. Scotland is definitely more full of paraffins than England.

Ergo Asda in Scotland should logically be packed to the rafters.

Aye the one down where you live, Benton Hypermarket, it's full of scruffs cos you have Wallsend and North Shields in spitting distance and the building is run down.

My local ASDA at Swalwell is great, I'd say there are more bamps in Tesco's Kingston Park to be honest, and go in any Morrisons it's wall to wall bampishness. I like ASDA, I like their food, their meats and the fruit is better than other supermarkets.

I couldn't find the Scottish to English translator on babblefish, I am sure what you said was very clever though.

Seeing as he is someones alter ego on here and not even Scottish its not that clever :D

One's butler reports Asda to be Chavtastic.

Fortnum's is the only establishment to receive the Fist guineas....

This sounds rather naughty.

At the same time I sense you have a look that says "but Im not ruling out the possibility" :D

At the same time I sense you have a look that says "but Im not ruling out the possibility" :icon_lol:

One must be open to all things. Even Fists. :D

At the same time I sense you have a look that says "but Im not ruling out the possibility" :icon_lol:

Typical.

A thread on supermarkets descends to hand- insertion based filth.

:rolleyes:

Typical.

A thread on supermarkets descends to hand- insertion based filth.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure this'll be more to Mad Jock's liking, anyway. :rolleyes: