What are you drinking?

Guest alex

I've probably mentioned it before but the best Whiskey Sour I ever had was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Amsterdam. Wasn't on the menu but the bartender made it anyway. Was a little too under the influence of a variety of substances to see how he made it, which was a shame. Always wanted to mix one up with egg white myself to make it smoother.

Had an excellent one in Berlin recently, at some kind of cocktail waiter training bar of all places :unsure:, and there was egg white involved. Not sure they'd know how to make it again as there's no actual menu or anything, you're just encouraged to test them by asking them for cocktail x, y or z on spec. All very Berlin really.

As for tonight, I'm making an indent into a €5 bottle of ouzo. Weekend trips to Germany do strange things to me and my luggage.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lad at work, Man City fan by all accounts, came in one Monday and showed me a picture on his phone of his weekend tipple, Blue Moon! Being the sharp-witted customer that I am, straight away I asked if it was a bitter. He walked right into it tbf.

Just bought some Hoegaarden in Asda as it says "Belguims best wheat beer and Asda dont sell Erdinger.

Not as nice as Erdinger :(

Is Erdinger the best Wheat beer or is there a better one out there.

I think Weihenstephan and Franziskaner are nicer, more like Erdinger than Hoegaarden.

The former comes in a bottle with a green label. Not available everywhere but is in some supermarkets, Asda Gosforth being one. ws_prod_kristall.jpg

The latter you can get in Tesco Kingston Park: franziskaner-hefe-weisse-beer-online-1317020367.jpg

The Schneider Weiss brewery also makes some fine weisse biers, only place I can think of that sells them is Rehills in Jesmond though.

Could drink Wheat beer until the cows come home like, absolutely adore the stuff.

Edited by Hoon

I cam to the conclusion last night that I need to take a day, but a few versions and have a tasting session.

Bit like wine tasting (without the spitting out) having a mouthful of a few.

As there's a growing list I might have to make it into a knock out competition and try 6 bottles at a go and the two winners go through to the Grand Final.

Also had a Leffe Brown last night which was very nice. Not sure if its a wheat beer or not but very similar taste I thought. (And available at Asda)

I cam to the conclusion last night that I need to take a day, but a few versions and have a tasting session.

Bit like wine tasting (without the spitting out) having a mouthful of a few.

As there's a growing list I might have to make it into a knock out competition and try 6 bottles at a go and the two winners go through to the Grand Final.

Also had a Leffe Brown last night which was very nice. Not sure if its a wheat beer or not but very similar taste I thought. (And available at Asda)

Its on!

Two will go through tonight to the Grand Final. :lol:

e8uwko.jpg