What are you drinking?

Guest alex

Just Googled it. Looks like you might be drinking a bottle of perfume.

That would actually make a lot of sense.

There's also a bottle of this, which I'm guessing is also Baiju (might even been Shui Jing), but I'm not risking it.

CUFyZv6WUAA00sp.jpg

but given they sell baiju in China like this, I reckon that "fancy" box is to bamboozle the stupid laowai, no?

baiju.1.jpg

We need to get @@Rayvin 's lass on here, so you can subject her to the kind of grilling aimaad got yesterday. I will not let these foreign people and their foreign customs affect our lives, Dave, and you shouldn't either.

Is Rayvin's lass Chinese, Japanese, a fan of sliding tackles on muddy pitches and probing questions?

... I wouldn't want to be culturally insensitive, y'see.

She has, I'm sorry to say, only sheer contempt for football. :lol:

That said, she's British born anyway so she doesn't really speak Chinese. Just some Cantonese.

I do, however! And that bottle is indeed a fancy looking Baijiu. When I was in Beijing, you could get a decent sized bottle of Baijiu for 2.6Yuan. About 20p at the time. As far as I can tell it all tastes the same (awful) but I haven't tried that particular brand.

Edited by Rayvin

She has, I'm sorry to say, only sheer contempt for football. :lol:

That said, she's British born anyway so she doesn't really speak Chinese. Just some Cantonese.

I do, however! And that bottle is indeed a fancy looking Baijiu. When I was in Beijing, you could get a decent sized bottle of Baijiu for 2.6Yuan. About 20p at the time. As far as I can tell it all tastes the same (awful) but I haven't tried that particular brand.

It also gives you an horrific hangover. More headachey than nauseous. :cantlook:

fyi

Had a group come into my bar recently and ordered a drink I have never heard of.

It contained Rumple Minze, Goldschlager, and Jagermeister.

That shot is named a "Viking Funeral" and tastes amazingly disgusting.

You own/run/work in a bar?

Why aren't you more world weary?

Had a group come into my bar recently and ordered a drink I have never heard of.

It contained Rumple Minze, Goldschlager, and Jagermeister.

That shot is named a "Viking Funeral" and tastes amazingly disgusting.

I bet these blokes love Game of Thrones.

You run/work in a bar?

Aye. If you are ever on this side of the pond and you make an appearance, I will buy you a bourbon and a 'castle.

35mgqi9.jpg

*This offer actually can be redeemed by anybody else in the top 50 most prolific posters. Ha! Fuck you #52.*