Stevie

Andrew

Was Vic not banned too? Twice in fact.

It would be more sensible to just delete any offending post and put him in the sin-bin for 2 weeks. Takes about 10 seconds to do, so if he repeat offends its another 10 seconds of someone's time. Seems a better approach to me.

Fan/User representation on the board though, its an interesting question some have brought up :lol:

Isnt that how the admin role expanded? by getting more regular posters involved? Cant have a forum off 100% admin tbf.

Another forum I used to use had a traffic light on the user. Amber after a warning and it showed on their account. Then red if they were banned. Would also be banned for a length of time depending on the reason.

Thing is though, there has to be a line to cross. Its easy for those who have no come back over posts to say the admins are being too PC or whatever quip they pull out of a hat without much thought, but its not they who are ultimately responsible.

For the record, I thought he was amusing at times / screeming for attention other times. But as with any member here, if they get banned, Im hardly going to spit my dummy out over it.

Im happy to have a place to post that is laid back.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be more sensible to just delete any offending post and put him in the sin-bin for 2 weeks. Takes about 10 seconds to do, so if he repeat offends its another 10 seconds of someone's time. Seems a better approach to me.

Fan/User representation on the board though, its an interesting question some have brought up :lol:

Fucked if I want anyone 'representing my views' on here like. If I don't like the place I can fuck off. :lol:

So can everyone else of course. That's the only true measure of a forum, Shirley.

Decisions like this are certainly not taken lightly, which is why in this case the timing might seem a little strange. We've had so many Stevie posts/threads be reported over the last few years. Probably the only member to have posts reported that wasnt an obvious troll account even.

Some forums work the same as this one in it's democratic admin and others have 'one at the top'. I think this place is better because we do discuss any major issues between us rather than one admin making a unilateral decision on those bigger issues. In fact, as admins; we police ourselves too. I've known Tom to be pulled up by his peers because of doing just that.

Anyway, my lunch break is well past over and I have work to do.

FYP

I thinks it poor timing to have a pop at someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

Fwiw I'm not Stevie's biggest fan, nor he mine, but I haven't seen anything particularly offensive in the recent weeks to deserve the apparent banning. I'd wager it's less about public discussions and more to do with something that's gone on behind the scenes.

Either way it's a bit highschool to jeer at him when he's not got the right of reply

Agree with that. He's curbed some of his more bizarre beliefs when warned in the past and I haven't seen anything recently to suggest he's acting in the same manner. He's pretty entertaining when he wants to be too.

Leazes on the other hand...his family need to put that twat in a home without the interweb ASAP.

on the other hand, I could be anonymous like you. Like them or not, my comments which were roundly disagreed with in the past have been proved 100% correct, so you should not write off the comments I have made lately. Its a message board and you don't see me calling for the banning of people just because they disagree with me.

I think that Stevie is one of the best posters on the board, his style of posting is down to earth and matter of fact, beats the fuck out of one or two idiots who pontificate around trying to be clever dicks.

The board will be the poorer without him and its a shame it has came to this. He can't come back under a different name because it would be obvious it is him unless he changes his posting style and there is no point in doing that if you can't post in the way you like.

Some forums work the same as this one in it's democratic admin and others have 'one at the top'. I think this place is better because we do discuss any major issues between us rather than one admin making a unilateral decision on those bigger issues. In fact, as admins; we police ourselves too. I've known Tom to be pulled up by his peers because of doing just that.

FYP

:lol:

Nah, that would never work.

Why should we have any say on who stays and who goes? Granted we can feel aggrieved at it but that's all.

You're right it wouldn't and it shouldn't be that way.

That is why forums have admins and moderators.

Some forums work the same as this one in it's democratic admin and others have 'one at the top'. I think this place is better because we do discuss any major issues between us rather than one admin making a unilateral decision on those bigger issues. In fact, as admins; we police ourselves too. I've known members of the admin/mod team be pulled up by their peers because of doing just that.

But isn't the truth of the matter that this all kicked off yesterday when Stevie had a go at Craig. And was it not Craig who slagged off Stevie in that thread first.

Definately seems like rattles out the pram.

This . Simple really!

Nah, that would never work.

Why should we have any say on who stays and who goes? Granted we can feel aggrieved at it but that's all.

You're right it wouldn't and it shouldn't be that way.

That is why forums have admins and moderators.

Some forums work the same as this one in it's democratic admin and others have 'one at the top'. I think this place is better because we do discuss any major issues between us rather than one admin making a unilateral decision on those bigger issues. In fact, as admins; we police ourselves too. I've known members of the admin/mod team be pulled up by their peers because of doing just that.

But isn't the truth of the matter that this all kicked off yesterday when Stevie had a go at Craig. And was it not Craig who slagged off Stevie in that thread first.

No it's not and with that assumption, that's where you're completely missing the point.

Love him or hate him like he's better craic than people who've latched onto his cause in lieu of being able to post something funny or controversial or being a decent wum themselves. That doesn't apply to everyone who's stuck up for him btw. Before you start menstruating.

This . Simple really!

Wasn't he given short-term bans in the past? Hence the Barry Davies alter-ego.

Love him or hate him like he's better craic than people who've latched onto his cause in lieu of being able to post something funny or controversial or being a decent wum themselves. That doesn't apply to everyone who's stuck up for him btw. Before you start menstruating.

:lol:

Guest Insider
Good god, what a fucking drama, he's been banned, it was a collective decision but all in all the person who had the biggest influence in the outcome was Stevie himself, after warning after warning he continued to push and push, and eventually he got the reaction that I'm convinced he was looking for.

I'm so happy that so many people have so little things to worry about in their lives that they can get is such a tizzy over this, seriously its time some fuckers got a grip :lol:

The loling smiley pulls your post back into patronising. You're a fucking tool you mate.

This . Simple really!

I would agree with this approach tbh, for all posters. And another certain board should take note !!!!

Nowt wrong with some ground rules, but treat people like adults - while appreciating you want posts with good content in them to stir up interest, which is what it seems the most criticised posters do. Strange.

This looks like a good idea and maybe a warning goes under there user name which stays there for 3 months or summat.

yellow card/red card system?

similar to SIs

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=92967

massive forum with no major issues with regards to modding

I got as far as this :lol:

Do not abuse other members

There is no place for abuse on the forums, so do not belitte/abuse and/or flame other users. If you do not like a post, we ask that you either a) ignore the post or :rolleyes: use the report button if it is breaking any of these rules.

Do not swear/purposefully avoid the swear filter

Any use of foul language, filtered or not, will be dealt with at the moderators' discretion.

Do not post with the intention to antagonise others (trolling)

Do not post simple to incite a reaction from a fellow poster. Those on one the other end of trolling, should ignore posts of this manner.

Doing those things are what made this place :lol: