Little rumour I've heard

smoggeordie

Probably a load of bollocks, but i've heard that Smith has had a bit of a bust up with Hughton over his tactics for the recent two away games, and will be dropped tonight, and some of the 'senior' players aren't too happy with this.

Like I said, probably rubbish, but we'll see...

Probably a load of bollocks, but i've heard that Smith has had a bit of a bust up with Hughton over his tactics for the recent two away games, and will be dropped tonight, and some of the 'senior' players aren't too happy with this.

Nothing to do with the article yesterday then? :icon_lol:;)

But it wouldnt suprise me if true, only a matter of time for someone to call Hughtons shit tactics for what they are!

Nothing to do with the article yesterday then? :icon_lol:;)

But it wouldnt suprise me if true, only a matter of time for someone to call Hughtons shit tactics for what they are!

What article? Didn't know about that. My bosses daughter is mates with Smiths sister *apparently*.

Nothing to do with the article yesterday then? <_<;)

What article? Didn't know about that. My bosses daughter is mates with Smiths sister *apparently*.

:icon_lol:

I remember someone posting something on here yesterday or maybe day before. Mite of been his talksport interview.

Alan Smith should STFU.

I disagree completely!

He is our captain and if anyone in the side has the right to speak up about our tactis it is him...and rightly so!

As a CM he see's play from the heart of it and he would be the first to admit he has been shit recently but that in part, a major part has been down to Hughtons tactics.

Im all for the lad speaking up and telling Hughton his tactics are fuckin wank....if of course he actually did!

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Alan Smith should STFU.

I disagree completely!

He is our captain and if anyone in the side has the right to speak up about our tactis it is him...and rightly so!

As a CM he see's play from the heart of it and he would be the first to admit he has been shit recently but that in part, a major part has been down to Hughtons tactics.

Im all for the lad speaking up and telling Hughton his tactics are fuckin wank....if of course he actually did!

Why should he have the right to speak up about tactics? He's fucking gash. Just because he's the captain, does that mean he knows anything about management or selection?

He's always been that way though, running off his mouth like he's been here a hundred years and was born in a manger in North Shields and is a local heeeeero like. That alleged strangulation of Beye is a great example. Here's a shit central midfielder whose primary attribute is shouting and the collection of yellow cards accusing someone of lacking the fight and not caring about the club. Well, I don't know about you but I don't think Beye's commitment was questionable while he was with us, he always looked up for it and he was actually good unlike Smith, and he cared about the club as shown by his reaction to the red against Man City. If he wanted to leave after we got relegated, I don't think there's many that could blame him, and if there are I don't think Alan Smith is one of them.

He needs to prove on the pitch that he has the right to talk first and although he made a good show of it in most of the first half of the season, he's become complacent lately and maybe being dropped is just what he needs.

Alan Smith should STFU.

I disagree completely!

Why should he have the right to speak up about tactics? He's fucking gash. Just because he's the captain, does that mean he knows anything about management or selection?

He's always been that way though, running off his mouth like he's been here a hundred years and was born in a manger in North Shields and is a local heeeeero like. That alleged strangulation of Beye is a great example. Here's a shit central midfielder whose primary attribute is shouting and the collection of yellow cards accusing someone of lacking the fight and not caring about the club. Well, I don't know about you but I don't think Beye's commitment was questionable while he was with us, he always looked up for it and he was actually good unlike Smith, and he cared about the club as shown by his reaction to the red against Man City. If he wanted to leave after we got relegated, I don't think there's many that could blame him, and if there are I don't think Alan Smith is one of them.

He needs to prove on the pitch that he has the right to talk first and although he made a good show of it in most of the first half of the season, he's become complacent lately and maybe being dropped is just what he needs.

Absolute fuckin bollox and you know it is fella!

He is the fuckin captain...what is a captaincy for? Its a link between management and the team...he is the one player who HAS the right to speak up, more-so than local lads Carroll and Taylor.

As for him being shit...there is argument either way...he is combatant, leads the team and works hard...yet recently he has been one of our worst performers.

He certainly isnt the shit midfielder you make out but in the same token he isnt a world beater neither...best DM we have...i

Iv met him and spoke to him a few times in newcastle and in leeds and he isnt the knob ur making out.

The only two games we've won convincingly of late have been when Smith wasn't playing and Guthrie was in the middle instead. I don't think that's a coincidence. I don't mind us being a bit more defensive-minded away from home though.

The only two games we've won convincingly of late have been when Smith wasn't playing and Guthrie was in the middle instead. I don't think that's a coincidence. I don't mind us being a bit more defensive-minded away from home though.

Agreed. The 4-5-1 with Nolan playing off Carroll is ok away from home. If we win the majority of our home games and draw the away ones we'll be home and hosed.

In a way, the positives of this season so far, is that it's working like a sort of pre-season for the team. Routledge/Williamson et all have time to settle in and get used to teammates, etc.

It's also been a 2nd chance for Collo, who may have been turfed out had Shearer remained.

In a way, the positives of this season so far, is that it's working like a sort of pre-season for the team. Routledge/Williamson et all have time to settle in and get used to teammates, etc.

It's also been a 2nd chance for Collo, who may have been turfed out had Shearer remained.

In preparation for the Premiership? Bit presumptious isnt it? Its not over till Fish's lass starts wailing.