Steve Bruce

Guest Barrack Road

They have a shit midfield tbh.

Cana and Cattermole are both DF correct?

They have nothing on the wings bar overweight folk or crocks and part from Bent nae one that can finish.

However Bent should see them up if he stays fit.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cannot for the life of me see Sunderland going down. Portsmouth and Burnley are pretty much gauranteed to be relegated. Laws was a very poor appointment by the clarets and it's showing.

Wolves, Hull etc will be more likely to go than Sunderland

Guest Barrack Road
I just cannot for the life of me see Sunderland going down. Portsmouth and Burnley are pretty much gauranteed to be relegated. Laws was a very poor appointment by the clarets and it's showing.

Wolves, Hull etc will be more likely to go than Sunderland

Seemed a baffling appointment to me, dragging Sheff Wed in to the bottom six meritting a Premiership job?

Cana and Cattermole are good players khay, they are defensive true, but that Jordan Henderson looks like he has a genuine chance too whenever I've seen him just a kid. As for the wings, Richardson hasn't been in form, but he's definitely not shit, and Steed Malbranque was a tremendous player at Fulham, great touch vision, and scored enough goals. Confidence is the most important thing in football, they're going on the pitch frightened to make a pass the mackems at the minute, it's the managers job to try and change that, and the supports job to raise them. Negativity breeds negativity, just look at The Fish's posts on here.

I know Richardson is a class player on his day but has far too many injury problems. See the same for Andy Reid.

DMF don't win you games though. See Rafa...

Malbranque was good at Fulham but no where near that now. Only 1 goal for Sunderland. Not sure how many Assists though.

I've heard of that kid but not seen much of him to have much of an opinion. However I'm still sure they will stay up

with Hull being the 3rd team to go down.

Scary how poorly they're doing with the amount of money spent of late.

We won't spend anywhere near the amount they have in the past several years.

We won't need to, we have team spirit* and Chris Hughton.**

* If you don't agree Alan Smith will stab you.

** Until Christmas

Or at the very least, choke you. ;)

Malbranque was a good player but he's passed it now, never plays a full 90 minutes for them. Richardson is a complete wanker and his attitude stops him from being a good player.

Their defence is ok (not sure it's any better than ours like) and they have a good striker who can get 20 a season if he had anyone providing him which seems to be their biggest problem.

I don't think they will go down but I don't think they will be far off it either the way things are going for them with Bruce struggling and as Stevie says the crowd being shite.

Guest Barrack Road
Malbranque was a good player but he's passed it now, never plays a full 90 minutes for them. Richardson is a complete wanker and his attitude stops him from being a good player.

Their defence is ok (not sure it's any better than ours like) and they have a good striker who can get 20 a season if he had anyone providing him which seems to be their biggest problem.

I don't think they will go down but I don't think they will be far off it either the way things are going for them with Bruce struggling and as Stevie says the crowd being shite.

They really are as well you know, they create a very uncomfortable atmosphere for the players. When I said they were shite, I didn't mean numerically though, I think 40,000 for a club of their size against someone like Fulham is a fantastic crowd.

They have a shit midfield tbh.

Cana and Cattermole are both DF correct?

They have nothing on the wings bar overweight folk or crocks and part from Bent nae one that can finish.

However Bent should see them up if he stays fit.

Isn't that what we said when he went down with Charlton?

I agree that Burnley and Portsmouth are nailed on and I just can't see SAFC being the third worst team. Wigan may be this year's Hull and Bolton or Wolves will go down.

They really are as well you know, they create a very uncomfortable atmosphere for the players. When I said they were shite, I didn't mean numerically though, I think 40,000 for a club of their size against someone like Fulham is a fantastic crowd.

Letting the cat out of the bag there Barrack Stevie ;)

Tell you what like, at this rate I might end up liking Bruce.

It would be pretty good having two Newcastle United supporters getting them relegated i.e. McMenemy and Bruce ;):D However, I reckon they have enough to stay up. But, as Human League sang "these are the things that dreams are made of".

Always had doubts about Bruce as a manager. He did very well at Wigan though but in my opinion a large degree of this was down to their scouting network picking up the south and central americans that have been the backbone of their team for the last few years.

That being said, his own signings at sunderland have been good, Bent, Cana, Cattermole and Turner are all decent premier league players but he isn't getting the best out of them. I think another problem was that he hasnt been able to decide on a settled defence.

Yeah the quantity has never been in doubt it's just their attitude. I hear it all the time at work, they are on their backs at the first sign of a bad game.

They should be higher than their current league position - but didnt everyone say that about us last year?! ;)

There's certainly some similarities between our position last season and their's this season. We both seemingly had a better quality of player than the teas around us, but we both also had confidence that is at rock bottom. Portsmouth and Burnley seem to be nailed on for the drop, so like last season there's a collection of teams that could fill that third slot. I honestly think that this year Hull will go down, Wolves will escape relegation by the skin of their teeth (but will go down next year) and Sunderland will be spared the blushes.

Guest Barrack Road

There's nee way they'll go down, I don't want them to neither. Two games to look forward to the derbies. I believe that side is at its lowest ebb right now, I think Bruce is a better manager than Hughton as well, he's just going through a rough patch. He made a mistake signing Fraser Campbell though who is pure wank. He could've bought three of his now customary South American finds for the money they paid for him. You don't beat Arsenal and Liverpool in a season with a totally shit team, that is a fact. If they started winning a few they could go on a run and everybody would wonder what the fuss was all about. I've backed the cunts twice recently though, the 0-0 with Stoke and 0-0 with Fulham stupid cunt I am. With regards to us beating them, we forget we are fuckin shite, but with 52000 behind us at home we should still be good enough to get results at home against all bar the top 6 or 7.

I was saying to my mate the other day that there are some shades of us last season about them this year. I still don't think they will go down though.

Guest Barrack Road
I was saying to my mate the other day that there are some shades of us last season about them this year. I still don't think they will go down though.

I agree there are similarities but at least they haven't had four managers.

The mackems are praising you up on RTG Alex, hehe I bet Sima and HF wish it was them having their roots firmly trenched on their side of the water.

Post #19

"They've got a much better first XI and squad than us even if they aren't doing very well. Which is a bit of worry really, assuming we go up."

The only sensible one on there!

It's like reading Pure Football

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...2#ixzz0h6kL3ikQ

Another poster describes us as "reasonable mags" course we fuckin are.

:icon_lol:

Edited by Barrack Road

The way I look at it Stevie is this: put their team managed by Steve Bruce in this division and they'd probably have a massive lead at the top. Stick our team this season in the Premier League and we're probably bottom.

Guest Barrack Road
The way I look at it Stevie is this: put their team managed by Steve Bruce in this division and they'd probably have a massive lead at the top. Stick our team this season in the Premier League and we're probably bottom.

It's a good way of looking at it and I've thought along those lines too. The worst thing is I don't think anyone will shout for Hughton to leave because it will fall on deaf ears, and on the face of it statistically the job he's done in this division hasn't looked too bad, and we'll appear right ungrateful bastards. Even if we go up we start the season in a bigger mess than any other club in that division including Sunderland, and certainly with more dissatisfied fans. We're not moaning it's just we've seen it all before with Roeder, who I think we a better manager than CH.

It's a good way of looking at it and I've thought along those lines too. The worst thing is I don't think anyone will shout for Hughton to leave because it will fall on deaf ears, and on the face of it statistically the job he's done in this division hasn't looked too bad, and we'll appear right ungrateful bastards. Even if we go up we start the season in a bigger mess than any other club in that division including Sunderland, and certainly with more dissatisfied fans. We're not moaning it's just we've seen it all before with Roeder, who I think we a better manager than CH.

Roeder's definitely a better manager imo and he wasn't man enough for the job. Like you though, I think there's no point in getting rid because who's going to take it / who would the owner/chairman even approach? Also, as I've said before, he'll be lucky to be in a job come Xmas.

Roeder's definitely a better manager imo and he wasn't man enough for the job. Like you though, I think there's no point in getting rid because who's going to take it / who would the owner/chairman even approach? Also, as I've said before, he'll be lucky to be in a job come Xmas.

Is really the main question, I can't imagine any manager of quality would want to work with our Owner/Chairman.

Guest Barrack Road

Is really the main question, I can't imagine any manager of quality would want to work with our Owner/Chairman.

I might be a lone voice, but I wouldn't mind a manager of passion like Neil Warnock to be honest.

I occasionally read Ready to go for a laugh, although I have never posted on it.

They are the most reactionary, deluded, bitter retards I have ever come across. They start off with stupid ambitions they will never realise as the crowd instantly batters the team when anything goes wrong. So from ''Bruce will get us into europe'' it's ''get rid of this maggie bastard'' after every poor result.

Again in regards to us - whether it's wishful thinking or pure stupidity - last year we were the next Leeds United - this year we are going to be the next Portsmouth.

Despite doing well this season we are still fairly wank from top to bottom as long as Ashley is here but they don't half get carried away.

I personally don't fear any Derby match next season as there is no team in that league who should fear Sunderland - like us last season - lots of individuals but no fucking team.

Still after last years manic celebrations on Wearside when we went down I think I would have a bit of a chuckle if Bruce took them down. :icon_lol:

The filthy fuckers will be devastated when with even minimal spending we piss on their chips again next season. They are currently pissing away their biggest opportunity to put daylight between them and us in half a century (likely longer).

Thanks Mr Bruce you completely shite person/manager.

As much as I'd like to see the tramps drop I think that for the second season running there's too much shit below them to keep them afloat. A bit like that turd that wont flush away no matter how many times you pull the string.