Aaron Ramsey

Kevin

Sickening.

I also feel sorry for Shawcross...poor lad didnt mean it.

Get well soon Aaron lad.

Although i think its safe to say his career is fucked...no-one comes back the same player after an injury like that.

It'll be unfair if Shawcross gets too much flak for the challenge, it wasn't great but he certainly didn't mean it. Of course there will be loads of Arsewipe fans now moaning about how it's affected their chances of winning the league this season and how hard they're done by, blah, blah, blah. Feel sorry for Ramsey and I do hope he recovers soon, it does seem to be a reoccuring theme for young Arsenal player breaking things though, I wonder if it's something to do with their training, choice of boots or just sheer bad luck.

Sickening.

Get well soon Aaron lad.

Although i think its safe to say his career is fucked...no-one comes back the same player after an injury like that.

Yes they do. Cisse x 2. Eduardo's looked worse. Swedish fella at Celtic who's name can I fuck remember.

It looks a straight break midway through the shin. If it hasn't broke the skin I'd say he'll be out 3 months. He'll be back for the start of next season comfortably.

Sickening.

Get well soon Aaron lad.

Yes they do. Cisse x 2. Eduardo's looked worse. Swedish fella at Celtic who's name can I fuck remember.

It looks a straight break midway through the shin. If it hasn't broke the skin I'd say he'll be out 3 months. He'll be back for the start of next season comfortably.

you some sort of doctor?

and how the fuck can you not remember Henrik Larsons name? ;)

I've just got back from a gig and saw the news on SSN. fucking horrible for the lad and i hope he makes a full recovery. did the defender mean it? or was it just bad luck?

Shawcross was tearing up as he left the pitch. Obviously did not mean to hurt Ramsey.

Sickening.

Get well soon Aaron lad.

Of course, ignoring all the precedents to the contrary...

it was a case of the lad literally planting his foot on the floor and shawcross took the ball. the energy from the impact all went through one point. it wasn't even a red card....

gotta feel sorry for the kid.

Edited by canofbeans

In this case it definitely wasn't a shocking challenge from Shawcross, just bad luck what happened to Ramsay, and unfortunate too for Shawcross who looked gutted himself.

However it does always piss me off when ex players and managers etc bang on about how "No proffesional ever goes out to hurt another fellow pro" absolute bollocks. I agree that most players out there don't set out 100% to end a players career, but they all to a man know fine well the risk involved in certain types of challenge and that if they choose to do it they could easilly break a leg. And there's no defending that.

But in this case i don't think you can blame Shawcross, though i thought Pulis acted like a complete prick in the interview i saw him defending it. And thats quite impressive to be right and yet come across like a bellend.

it was a case of the lad literally planting his foot on the floor and shawcross took the ball. the energy from the impact all went through one point. it wasn't even a red card....

gotta feel sorry for the kid.

Have you seen the replays? Ramsey tuck the ball away with the outside of his foot. If the ref didnt send him off there would have most definitely been a media cumfest.

Nothing malicious at all about the challenge, was a good, strong but honest tackle.

Hope Ramsey makes a full recovery and this doesn't mess with Shawcross too much, I thought Wenger was a prick personally, there was obviously no intention other than to win the ball.

Nothing malicious at all about the challenge, was a good, strong but honest tackle.

Hope Ramsey makes a full recovery and this doesn't mess with Shawcross too much, I thought Wenger was a prick personally, there was obviously no intention other than to win the ball.

I think he has a point. Teams DO show a more physical side when they play Arsenal because they know they have to deal with arguably the fastest and best passing team in the league who are essentially a physically smaller team than most and they attempt to capitalise on this advantage.

Having said that, Shawcross IMO is a good player, not a dirty one and it was a complete accident. Not much consolation to Ramsey though.

2rz7uid.jpg

Hopefully he can make a full recovery to football and at least have a career in it ;)

I saw the match but didn't see clearly what happened and they didn't show one re-run of the inccident.

Photographs can be deceptive and looking at this one posted by Kevin gives the impression that that Ramsay's leg had gone before contact had been made by Shawcross.

I had a similar break in 1959, both tibula & fibula broken. My fault entirely, went into a sliding tackle on a bloke who was in the act of shooting, touched the ball away and put my leg where the ball had been and the bloke didn't have a chance to hold back the kick he was already making.

Had an operation and a 12 inch stainless steel pin was put down the middle of the large bone to keep it aligned, I was in a full length cast for 9 months. I think recovery time has a lot to do with how quickly the bone knits and it varies from person to person.

It was determined later that mine took so long because the pin that was put in was too large in diameter and had displaced too much bone marrow. I was back playing in a little over a year but 5 years later I had to have the pin removed as it began to give me problems.

If all goes well for Ramsay he should still have a career in football and be as good as new if it doesn't affect him mentally.