General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...because the Lib Dems almost always vote with Labour, and in my years in Parliament I can't remember a single moment when they opposed a Labour measure to expand state spending or state control.

Just don't mention the war! ;)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barrack Road
They are a bunch of euro-loving road-hump fetishists who are attempting like some defective vacuum cleaner to suck and blow at the same time;

;)<_<:icon_lol:

Only Boris could think gloating over a £1000 bet would win voters during the worst recession since his party were in power.

The biggest problem they have is that Cameroon doesn't look like a leader.

It was one of those times when there seems to be only one solution to the problems of British politics, and that is to dissolve the electorate and summon a new one.

Not too sure about the tactic of calling the electorate the 'problem', or advocating a cull either.

;)

<_<

Watching that debate, I had the clear impression that Cameron aced every question. His answers were clear, concise and knowledgeable, and in my focus group of 12- to 16-year-olds he was the overwhelming winner. "David Cameron knows more than the others," said the 12-year-old, "and everything he says is true!"

Unsurprising to read Boris thinks like a 12 year old.

Edited by Happy Face

Watching that debate, I had the clear impression that Cameron aced every question. His answers were clear, concise and knowledgeable, and in my focus group of 12- to 16-year-olds he was the overwhelming winner. "David Cameron knows more than the others," said the 12-year-old, "and everything he says is true!"

;) Oh dear. [\Stevie]

The problem is this new style of "debate".

Its more like Britains got talent than question time and all about soundbites rather than policy.

The clueless public will have Clegg as their favourite and be wanting him to win the "grand final".

Boris is great btw

Its more like Britains got talent than question time and all about soundbites rather than policy.

The clueless public will have Clegg as their favourite and be wanting him to win the "grand final".

Boris is great btw

It was Cameron who originally wanted the Live debates though wasn't it? Bet he regrets it now.

Boris is great btw

Seetihing that the Tories aren't cruising it I take it. ;)

The problem with the debates is the restrictive rules - not sure if there's a way around it that would generate a proper argument though - maybe they should get them all pissed on Stella and let them go at it.

Boris is great btw

It was Cameron who originally wanted the Live debates though wasn't it? Bet he regrets it now.

He wasn't as keen as Christmas "Cant wait for the leaders debate" Tree though....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry730894

;)

Textbook.

Murdoch is evil basically.

For once Parky I agree.

Looks like it might go tits up for the tories still, they're clearly rattled. <_<

Aye, they're shitting it over the Lib Dems atm.

Using the election seat calculator on the BBC, Labour are now projected as the largest party:

Tories: 239

Labour: 291

Lib Dems: 91

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/ele...010/8609989.stm

Following today's YouGov, it's right down the middle ;)

19042010c.th.jpg

I'm presuming that grey dot in Central London is a BNP seat too!

I'm presuming that grey dot in Central London is a BNP seat too!

Respect, I think? I know it's a simplified map but I think Barking (the BNP target) would still be further out...

The BNp are throwing everything at Barking, I think it will be close.

All else being equal, Labour should hold it comfortably enough. Although I suppose there's a rather ironic possibility that the Lib Dems taking votes from Labour could let the BNP in. ;) I think the locals are clued up enough to know how best to vote tactically though.

Even if they don't get an MP though, I reckon the BNP will have some pretty big local council scalps to boast about come May 7th.

Boris is great btw

Seetihing that the Tories aren't cruising it I take it. ;)

Nah not really. I know theres some major lefties on here, but the days of it really making a massive difference who gets in are long gone. Even more so with the state of the economy.

If I was the next Blair I would be hoping Brown lost, the tories got 5 years of only being able to make cuts etc and then hoping Labour would romp back in.

I do like those two politicians of question time this week, one was a lib dem and the other a tory, both red heads? and ugly but seemed quite good.

The problem with the debates is the restrictive rules - not sure if there's a way around it that would generate a proper argument though - maybe they should get them all pissed on Stella and let them go at it.

Forget debates. Cameron question time with a labour audience and vice versa.

The BNp are throwing everything at Barking, I think it will be close.

All else being equal, Labour should hold it comfortably enough. Although I suppose there's a rather ironic possibility that the Lib Dems taking votes from Labour could let the BNP in. ;) I think the locals are clued up enough to know how best to vote tactically though.

Even if they don't get an MP though, I reckon the BNP will have some pretty big local council scalps to boast about come May 7th.

They are leading the local council in B&D iirc and have kicked some arse on housing issues. Think it will be closer than peeps think.

Forget debates. Cameron question time with a labour audience and vice versa.

Aye, that would solve a lot.

Boris is great btw

He wasn't as keen as Christmas "Cant wait for the leaders debate" Tree though....

;)

Textbook.

Nowt wrong with that <_< I like political fights and Clegg won the event simples.

Its not my fault Cameron is a smarm meister and tried to play it to serious.

Slightly off-topic but Meenzer - does your dad have a Santa Claus beard? If so then I keep seeing him on the local news with regards to various lercal political habdabs!

Boris is great btw

;)

Textbook.

Nowt wrong with that <_< I like political fights and Clegg won the event simples.

Its not my fault Cameron is a smarm meister and tried to play it to serious.

It's pretty funny you were so excited about the debates last week, but now you think they're everything that's wrong with politics.

If you think Cameron's a smarm meister, why you gonna vote for him?

Slightly off-topic but Meenzer - does your dad have a Santa Claus beard? If so then I keep seeing him on the local news with regards to various lercal political habdabs!

;) That'll likely be him, aye. Or at least he'd developed one when I last saw him at Christmas (appropriately enough). I think it's a very Lib Dem way of having a second mid-life crisis. <_<