Some Top Managers Want Newcastle Job

Craig

Jesus christ... how the bloody hell did this site get acceptance from NewsNow? :lol:

March 21st, 2010 by Ed Harrison

If Newcastle United do get promoted back to the Premier League this season, there are some top managers, currently out of a job, who would just love to manage Newcastle United.

Sven Goran Eriksson - would love Newcastle job

Two top managers currently on the sidelines are Mark Hughes and Sven Eriksson.

Mark was on the list to replace Sam Allardyce, when Kevin Keegan eventually came back to the club in January, 2008,, after Harry Redknapp turned it down at the last moment.

And we all know how much Eriksson loves it at Newcastle, because he even switched some England World Cup games to St. James’ Park so England would have the advantage of experiencing the Geordie crowd.

And he will have had an earful from former Newcastle manager Bobby Robson, about just how great the Newcastle club is.

Bobby mentored Sven when he managed Ipswich, and Sven used to turn up to watch how the great man trained his East Anglia team, and he talked to him more recently when Sven was England manager and Bobby was managing the famous Tyneside club to great success.

Sven always loved the atmosphere at Newcastle and often waxed lyrical about it, and he would walk to Newcastle to get the job!

There is a piece in the People today from Alan Oliver that owner Mike Ashley will keep faith in current manager Chris Hughton for his terrific work this season, when he has simply transformed the Newcastle club.

Chris is also willing to work within the financial constraints Mike has put on the club, and owner Ashley is adamant he wants to follow the Arsenal model of bringing in top young players.

Mark Hughes turned down the Hull City job last week, but he wouldn’t turn down Newcastle United if ever offered the job.

Many people in football will be watching Newcastle, not only because we are at the top of the Championship, but the average home crowd is close to 43,000 and is the 4th best in England.

And as one of the TV commentators said yesterday, when there was a shot of the Geordie crowd at Ashton Gate, they never lost their belief.

That proverbial source close to Mike Ashley told People Sport:

“Chris Hughton is under contract until the end of next season and Mike sees no reason to change anything.”

“In fact, the club hierarchy don’t see the need to change much at all. Chris has earned the right to be managing the club in the Premier League.”

“Mike wants to follow the Arsene Wenger model of trying to find the best young players on the continent and bringing them through the academy into the first team.”

We think that is only right and proper, and we have to think that Chris could steady the club in the Premier League.

And Mike will show some loyalty to the man who has saved his skin on Tyneside, and saved him a bucketful of money, let’s at least be clear about that.

Whether Chris can then take the club forward into Europe and things more grand, is still an open question, but he’s surprised most of us this season, that’s for sure.

Just to gauge the Newcastle fans’ mood, please vote in our new poll on our home page, whether you want Chris as the manager of the Newcastle club, for next season.

Comments welcome.

Source: http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/03/21/some-to...+United+Blog%29

I'm wondering since when did the England manager decide where we'd play our internationals and that if he did have that influence, he'd use it in the manner suggested...

What a load of crap :lol:

These stories are just to stir up trouble before we even get promoted. Complete nonsense. CH has brought us this far and created some team spirit and stability. Give him a chance in the Prem at least to continue that!

Jesus christ... how the bloody hell did this site get acceptance from NewsNow? :lol:

March 21st, 2010 by Ed Harrison

Sven always loved the atmosphere at Newcastle and often waxed lyrical about it, and he would walk to Newcastle to get the job!

Source: http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/03/21/some-to...+United+Blog%29

Howay :D

Edited by Acid

I'm wondering since when did the England manager decide where we'd play our internationals and that if he did have that influence, he'd use it in the manner suggested...

I'm not quite as skeptical on that one, in that period where england matches journeyed around I would have thought he'd have some level of input

I'm not quite as skeptical on that one, in that period where england matches journeyed around I would have thought he'd have some level of input

I doubt it. Can't see him being that bothered where they were, probably would have preferred the continuity of playing them all at OT if he'd been given a choice.

Input perhaps... final say? Absolutely not!

Combination of the FA, police, local authorities, clubs. Sven would be at the bottom of a long list.

Input perhaps... final say? Absolutely not!

Combination of the FA, police, local authorities, clubs. Sven would be at the bottom of a long list.

yeh but how many clubs/local authorities would turn down an england match?

police, maybe

FA? collection of the most useless men in football, incapable of making actual decisions

It's a Newcastle supporters website man! Self indulgent, delusional bollocks.

Under Ashley we are in the right league and that's why we haven't been all over the headlines like last year.

Sadly things wont get better for a long time but we can play underdogs next year and lets hope to stay up.

Spot on - my point was though how the hell did they get a NewsNow affiliation? Supposedly scarcer than rocking horse shit.

Spot on - my point was though how the hell did they get a NewsNow affiliation? Supposedly scarcer than rocking horse shit.

I've seen a load more shite crop up on there since some newspapers have managed to block their content from being listed on there. I'm pretty sure there's no News International stuff on there anymore.