Newcastle look to spain for two new players!

Deano

I'd prefer us not to spend too much in the summer to be honest, exactly because they don't have long to settle even with a pre-season. I think we have a far better chance with the squad that won promotion and want to play for the shirt. Maybe one or two additions tops.

I agree that I don't want an entirely new squad. 15m nowadays will buy you 2 maybe 3 good players unless you're picking through players who aren't wanted or are available for free. Bringing in some additional players will I think have a good overall effect on the existing players.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you forget who owns us and who buys the players?

Not at all but i do think we will spend about 15-20mil in the summer...we HAVE to and he knows that!

Totally spot on. Ashley won't risk relegation again AND has the cash to do what needs to be done.

I think he might well spend that much over the season...but he'll wait until January to see if he really needs to.

I really hope not. I hate panic buying. Money spent in January to bring players into a club in a tumultuous situation means you pay too much for players who aren't wanted elsewhere. On top of that they come into a club where morale is low so already they get off on the wrong foot.

You get much better value buying players in the off-season. They have a much better chance to settle in the club and get to know their team mates with the air of pre-season excitement and positivity. I'd much rather 15mill spend in the summer than 20 mill spent in January. Ideally though it would be 15mill in the summer then an additional 5-10 in January to cover any injuries or deficiencies that have become apparent across the season.

I'd prefer us not to spend too much in the summer to be honest, exactly because they don't have long to settle even with a pre-season. I think we have a far better chance with the squad that won promotion and want to play for the shirt. Maybe one or two additions tops.

I think this is the way it will go anyway. A new striker and a midfielder most probably, maybe with a loanee or two, with a couple of squad players going the other way (hopefully including Butt). Hughton will be retained as manager.

Another poster hounded out by the FM2010 committee no doubt?

Someone who mouthed off left right and centre about how good Ashley was for the club but when put on the spot by Pud and asked to put his money where his mouth was (for charity) he suddenly didn't seem so confident..

Very confident but money is money for some of us. £40 to charity seems fair to me.

Thats the point of the bet though, I cant afford to go throwing a hundred quid to a charity (I wish I could) but the fact is I could have made it £500 for every million because Im 100% confident in my belief, making it a simple "yes/no" bet doesnt prove anything, wont make you think how much Ashley lost you when you do lose.

This is the same sort of bet I had with Baggio and he was confident with his beliefs so he took it, he lost miserably but he paid up and topped it up with his own donation, strangely enough he was hardly seen on here since, it might have been coincidence or it could have been that hed had his arse burnt and started to realise the alternative view.

The point of the whole thing is that if you have the confidence in your "saviour" that you say you have then the money wont be a consideration because you know you wont lose.

Another poster hounded out by the FM2010 committee no doubt?

Someone who mouthed off left right and centre about how good Ashley was for the club but when put on the spot by Pud and asked to put his money where his mouth was (for charity) he suddenly didn't seem so confident..

Very confident but money is money for some of us. £40 to charity seems fair to me.

Thats the point of the bet though, I cant afford to go throwing a hundred quid to a charity (I wish I could) but the fact is I could have made it £500 for every million because Im 100% confident in my belief, making it a simple "yes/no" bet doesnt prove anything, wont make you think how much Ashley lost you when you do lose.

This is the same sort of bet I had with Baggio and he was confident with his beliefs so he took it, he lost miserably but he paid up and topped it up with his own donation, strangely enough he was hardly seen on here since, it might have been coincidence or it could have been that hed had his arse burnt and started to realise the alternative view.

The point of the whole thing is that if you have the confidence in your "saviour" that you say you have then the money wont be a consideration because you know you wont lose.

Fuck me you talk some shite at times. How old are you :icon_lol:

You are starting to sound like some sort of sad internet warrior who cant debate anything without resorting to a bet <_<

I dont know who baggio is, but he takes you up on a bet, then pays up and you still want to call him.....Sad, very sad.

Ok lets forget money all together.

The loser fucks off for 6 months, nice and simple.

Yes or No PP, Yes or No

:icon_lol:

Yes or No PP, Yes or No

Don't make the bet, CT. We'll miss you when you're gone!

You are starting to sound like some sort of sad internet warrior who cant debate anything without resorting to a bet <_<

I dont know who baggio is, but he takes you up on a bet, then pays up and you still want to call him.....Sad, very sad.

Yes or No PP, Yes or No

Quite the opposite my friend, I have every respect for Baggio in that he actually believed what he was saying and learnt the hard way. You on the other hand are a contrary fucker who changes his views more often than his kegs.

You know why you wont accept the bet, its because you know that you're taking the opposing view to the majority, because that makes you seem more interesting. It gives you something to make people read and reply to your posts. You did it from day one, many people on this board believed you were actually part of some club funded plan to change around the views of the fans by coming on places such as this.

Most however realised quite soon that wasnt the case, surely nobody could have been paying you to put that shit on <_<

I'd take any bet but not posting on here for 6 months wouldnt sort anything, like MF says we'd be lost without you here.

Loser has to wear a t-shirt printed to the others design to the next home match after the transfer window has ended, we go to the game together (loser pays for the pair of tickets obviously).

You are starting to sound like some sort of sad internet warrior who cant debate anything without resorting to a bet :icon_lol:

Yes or No PP, Yes or No

Quite the opposite my friend, I have every respect for Baggio in that he actually believed what he was saying and learnt the hard way. You on the other hand are a contrary fucker who changes his views more often than his kegs.

You know why you wont accept the bet, its because you know that you're taking the opposing view to the majority, because that makes you seem more interesting. It gives you something to make people read and reply to your posts. You did it from day one, many people on this board believed you were actually part of some club funded plan to change around the views of the fans by coming on places such as this.

Most however realised quite soon that wasnt the case, surely nobody could have been paying you to put that shit on <_<

I'd take any bet but not posting on here for 6 months wouldnt sort anything, like MF says we'd be lost without you here.

Loser has to wear a t-shirt printed to the others design to the next home match after the transfer window has ended, we go to the game together (loser pays for the pair of tickets obviously).

I'll happily let Kitman take rightful credit for that wee gem.

I think the tshirt bet is a cracking idea- seats in Level 7 of course. <_<

Yes or No PP, Yes or No

Dang, did I say that? <_<

<_<:icon_lol:

It's as good as it gets mate!

Yes or No PP, Yes or No

Dang, did I say that? <_<

<_<:icon_lol:

It's as good as it gets mate!

Bang to rights! :icon_lol:

• 1 year later...
NEWCASTLE are tracking two Spanish-based stars as they begin to put together their post- promotion spending plans.

Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez is on the Magpies’ radar after a year in which he has broken onto the fringes of the Spain international squad.

And Getafe’s Uruguayan striker Juan Albin is another to catch the eye of United scouts in La Liga.

Hernandez, 24, is a right-sided player who made his debut for Spain as a replacement for Barcelona star Andres Iniesta at last summer’s Confederations Cup.

He then won a second cap as a second-half substitute against Austria in November, scoring in a 5-1 friendly win.

Albin has a slightly lesser pedigree at unsung Getafe, having joined the Madrid minnows from Uruguayan side Nacional in 2006.

But although he has scored a modest 17 times in 97 appearances in Spain, the 23-year-old is seen as more of a creator than a taker of goals.

On paper, Albin, who is out of contract this summer, appears a more realistic target for Newcastle than Fernandez, who recently signed a new deal at Valencia until 2014.

United’s talent-spotting network is slowly being reactivated by new chief scout Graham Carr, who is also monitoring several targets in France, including Lille’s Yohan Cabaye and Lens’ Adama Diakite, and trawling Germany for promising youngsters.

Graham, Graham Carr, Graham, Graham Carr, Graham, Graham Car, Super Graham Carr :lol:

I will cut off my balls and request a permanent ban if we even attempt to sign these players.

Bump

Farewell little Kev. Banned and off to Amsterdam with no Balls :D

Aye this would have been a good one for the prediction post :lol:

I will cut off my balls and request a permanent ban if we even attempt to sign these players.

Bump

Farewell little Kev. Banned and off to Amsterdam with no Balls :lol:

For once we agree on something. I'm not sure he had balls to start with though.

I thought albin was recently signed by another Spanish team?

I don't think that's what CT is getting at mate

Ah, seen, the bold should've been a dead giveaway. Apologies.

Aye great post CT on Albin your knowledge shines through again, wish this spastic would stop posting on players like we've

#1 signed them

#2 they're brilliant

#3 signed them and they're brilliant

#4 he even knows who they are after admitting he doesn't know anyone outside of the toons first team.

As in this case he is none of the above, the lads a bit shit pretty much, i remember seieng him score against villareal then get sent off like a retard for taking his shirt off and getting a second bookable.

already agreed to sign for Espanyol for £3m anyway.

As for Cabaye i wouldn't be jumping around the room quite yet like we've signed anyone brilliant, especially if you've never seen him play that's just stupid.

Had to peep.

Oh Dear......FAIL!

Back on ignore :lol: