Doncaster 0-1 NUFC (Full Time)

Barney

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this solid performance I reckon we'll hammer Nottingham Forrest on Monday night, which would surely end their chances of achieving automatic promotion.

I hate feeling this happy/surprised at us snatching a 1-0 win at Doncaster.

its more than just we beat doncaster though, its a turn for our away form and its important for us in the league situation

arrgh. I know-I'm happy with the win, I'm just disappointed at how far we've fallen.

who are the guys doing the commentary??

they sound like a couple of idiots, I swear I heard them compare carroll to shearer.....carroll and alan fucking shearer!!!!

one season in the CCC, a couple of games in the PL and he's alan shearer!!! :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: They actually said the finish was like something Shearer would do. Moreover, they are quality commentators.

After this solid performance I reckon we'll hammer Nottingham Forrest on Monday night, which would surely end their chances of achieving automatic promotion.

Yes a win would be a death blow for them. We'd only need to win something like 2 of our remaining 7 matches to guarantee promotion.

11 points from promotion.

12 mathematically. Although Forest will have to overturn a mahoosive goal swing (+44 against +23) for 11 points not to be enough.

All in all we could be promoted with 4 games to spare. Back in 92/93 we only had a couple in reserve.

12 mathematically. Although Forest will have to overturn a mahoosive goal swing (+44 against +23) for 11 points not to be enough.

All in all we could be promoted with 4 games to spare. Back in 92/93 we only had a couple in reserve.

Mick Lowes said if we beat Forest on Monday we'll need 2 more wins to be promoted as they wouldnt have enough games/points left to catch us...So if we beat Peterborough and Sheff Utd over Easter that may indeed be that :icon_lol:

woop, 3 points

so thats oztoonfans prediction falling at the first hurdle :icon_lol:

Much to my delight! .. and as I said not true predictions. If I went with true predictions though they would have been off by a country mile anyway.

I was also counting on Carroll not being available for this (and potentially many more matches).

But I'm stoked that we got the result. Carroll playing, and scoring will hopefully help in putting this issue to rest a little more quickly. In the end the key is that we get promoted, so we should use whatever players we have at our disposal to do so.

It sounded like (from what I heard anyway) Tamas Kadar had another good game for us. Could emerge to become a real talent, as he definitely has more ability on the ball than your average defender.

Actually 9, by beating Nottingham Forest.

After us Forest go to Bristol City. A win on Monday will bring about the usual chinese whispers about latest scored in the away end at Peterborough!

Edited by Matt

Actually 9, by beating Nottingham Forest.

Correct :icon_lol:

If we beat Forest on Monday and we both win the following two games we'll have 89 points, with a possible maximum of 104 points with 5 games remaining

Forest, if they win their following 2 games,will be on 76, and can only get 88 points with 4 games remaining for them.

:icon_lol:

For the record I'm sure Hughton took Guthrie off as he doesn't want him to burn out ahead of the Forest match.

Could have taken off Routledge a little earlier as well.

Absolutely fantastic result bearing in mind the Bristol City, Andy Carrol self destruct jitters that were starting to surface.

Nice to see Barton get on and stay on.

And delighted to see Routledge get another assist. Think he's really starting to look the part and starting to fill that gap that's been missing for so long on the right.

Now we just need a quick resolution to the scrap so we can concentrate on winning the league over Easter.

A quick fine and then if need be get shot of one of them on our terms in the summer.

Really hope this is done and dusted today.

Wish I'd passed on the four evening kronnenburgs and not fell asleep in my chips at 8.00pm!