Ghostly goings on

donaldstott

I've not long bought a new house. It's a 1930s semi, so suffice to say there is room for the house having some history.

Anyway in the last month:

- Both my wife and I have seen what can only be described as apparitions (neither of us have seen anything like that before or are in anyway fanciful), both fleetingly and out of the corner of our eyes

- The cat has started randomly running around the house for no reason

- The door to our bedroom opens in the middle of the night.

- It opened once and a breeze strong enough for me to feel it woke me up (it's March so there were no windows open).

All in all, it's a bit weird.

If anybody else had posted this I would be distinctly sceptical but there is definitely something going on.

Anyone else witnessed such ghostly goings on.

It's the cat.

They're evil.

It knows exactly what its doing.

Apparitions - fast cat

Cat running - Its evil

Door - the cat

Breeze - cat runs past you

If this was a horror film, what would you be shouting at the screen??????

Get out, run, they're going to get you!!!!!

But the daft middle class couple stay put and wait until coffins start popping up in the garden.

Run Now and dont look back :D

When you say apparitions, what do you mean?

Shadows, movements, figures?

Do you know the history of the house?

I saw a figure at the top of the stairs, but it was just out of the corner of my eye. Oddly I didn't even take a second look, i just dimissed it as nothing.

The missus saw a figure in light clothes clear as day, walking past the bedroom door.

Don't know anything about the history of the house, not sure how I can find out..

Edited by donaldstott

- The door to our bedroom opens in the middle of the night.

- It opened once and a breeze strong enough for me to feel it woke me up (it's March so there were no windows open).

Have you seen Paranormal Activity? :icon_lol:

Definitely set up a camera. :D

I saw a figure at the top of the stairs, but it was just out of the corner of my eye. Oddly I didn't even take a second look, i just dimissed it as nothing.

The missus saw a figure in light clothes clear as day, walking past the bedroom door.

Don't know anything about the history of the house, not sure how I can find out..

Piss taking aside, are you uncomfortable with the "going on"?So long as it isn't freaking you or the missus out, I'd just carry on as per.

For the record, i know several rational , credible people who have had similar experiences. They were confirmed skeptics until they witnessed their own experiences.

I have no idea what "ghosts" are, but they very definately are.

If you are freaked by it, the suggestions previously posted should be of some use :D

Probably someone living in your attic

East European immigrants blatantly :D

Failing that maybe you're being affected by a high electro-magnetic field perhaps, what's the wiring like? And is there a lot of it at the top of the stairs or surrounding area. Best thing to do is debunk as many possibilities as possible, if it's unexplainable then it's worth deeper investigation.

Piss taking aside, are you uncomfortable with the "going on"?So long as it isn't freaking you or the missus out, I'd just carry on as per.

For the record, i know several rational , credible people who have had similar experiences. They were confirmed skeptics until they witnessed their own experiences.

If you are freaked by it, the suggestions previously posted should be of some use :D

Not particularly freaked by it. What was really odd was that I saw something at the top of the stairs and it didn't freak me out and it didn't even cause me enough concern to look twice. That's just not logical.

If you are freaked by it, the suggestions previously posted should be of some use :icon_lol:

Not particularly freaked by it. What was really odd was that I saw something at the top of the stairs and it didn't freak me out and it didn't even cause me enough concern to look twice. That's just not logical.

Fucking spooks taking control of your mind :D

If you are freaked by it, the suggestions previously posted should be of some use :icon_lol:

Racist bastard

Racist bastard

Ghosts is White, innit?

• 11 months later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...ls-the-dog.html

Scary as fuck that, and not just the fact she's only a year older than me. First thing I've seen like it. The poltergeist didn't like the dog so it chucked the poor fucka down the stairs. Dead. Watch the chair in the video. Get the priest round you silly cow.

Scary as fuck that, and not just the fact she's only a year older than me. First thing I've seen like it. The poltergeist didn't like the dog so it chucked the poor fucka down the stairs. Dead. Watch the chair in the video. Get the priest round you silly cow.

Cant see the bottom of the chair. Or the string thats pulling it...

They could dee with a cleaner like. Like that comment on the page "the bedroom looks like an Oxfam storage room" it does as well. So many charva families around the nation. Must be even worse living as a charva in a city with nee identity like Coventry.

They could dee with a cleaner like. Like that comment on the page "the bedroom looks like an Oxfam storage room" it does as well. So many charva families around the nation. Must be even worse living as a charva in a city with nee identity like Coventry.

It was an old dog by the looks of the photo, it probably fell down the stairs - I very much doubt that a vet would be able to distinguish whether the dog had been pushed. JawD's right as well, coincidence that both the chair and the door are being pulled in the same direction and that there's plenty of room just out of sight for a bit of fishing line? No, sounds like a lot of attention seeking nonsense to me. Show me real proof and I'll believe, until then I'm going to look at all causes as rational.