Leeds United

Guest Barrack Road

Your right about the ground been a shit tip, it doesn't look as bad TV as the camera faces the big stand. Been a few times (ah Nobby 4-3, top of the league), we are fucking spoiled in Newcastle you can walk from many a city centre pub to St James. The nearest thing i could spot near Elland Road was a fucking McDonald's.

I suppose the only advantage to them been back in the premier league for us is, it's a fairly 'close' away game and we have a decent'ish record down there

correct; good geographical point

How is correct you silly cunt? As an actual sentence how is correct? Wakefield is East of Leeds and has a population of 315,000, not even taking in to account places like Pontefract. You've also got Harrogate, York, most of West Yorkshire (which has a pop of 2.5m people) Selby etc... In fact see when Doncaster played Leeds at Wembley, I was working in London at the time and it was a Sunday, more Leeds got on the train at Donny than Donny fans. Anyway the point is for a club with Britain's biggest exclusive catchment area population wise, Leeds' support is a disgrace.

J69 I've been to Ripon a few times, the last time after the Grand National, and I distinctly remember 20 pissed up divvies singing Marching on Together. It's a Leeds supporting town.

It's not a football city though. They have no history of decent support, like seriously, support wise over the history of football they're not much better than Middlesbrough. They had a 10 year period where they were a successful club, and that's Leeds United. Nothing club. Poor fanbase, that's why I wouldn't buy them, you buy Newcastle and they're much much much a sexier Man City overnight.

I've always regarded Leeds as a big club, even now. I'm surprised at how few trophies they've won considering how often they've been contenders. Don't know how many times they've finished in the top ten over their history, but when I was growing up, and later on, they always seemed to be challenging.

I can't say I remember looking at any clubs attendances and thinking they aren't a big club. In fact attendances have never come in to it.

I dont know if you know your Never Eat Shredded Wheat Stevie but Wakefield is never East of Leeds.

Also, you asked why anyone would buy Leeds and now youre here saying its got "Britain's biggest exclusive catchment area population wise" Hmmm, yes, I wonder why you would?

I dont know if you know your Never Eat Shredded Wheat Stevie but Wakefield is never East of Leeds.

Also, you asked why anyone would buy Leeds and now youre here saying its got "Britain's biggest exclusive catchment area population wise" Hmmm, yes, I wonder why you would?

Game, set & match

I've always regarded Leeds as a big club, even now. I'm surprised at how few trophies they've won considering how often they've been contenders. Don't know how many times they've finished in the top ten over their history, but when I was growing up, and later on, they always seemed to be challenging.

I can't say I remember looking at any clubs attendances and thinking they aren't a big club. In fact attendances have never come in to it.

Not to a Liverpool fan to anyone else they generally do.

A club who have spent more of their history outside of the top flight than in it will never be classed as big in most peoples eyes. Top club from the mid 60s to the mid 70s on the field and that's it for Leeds really.

A club who have spent more of their history outside of the top flight than in it will never be classed as big in most peoples eyes. Top club from the mid 60s to the mid 70s on the field and that's it for Leeds really.

So no-one regards Leeds as a big club because everyone looks at attendances first? Oh right, ffs you are unreal.

In their whole history have they finished in the top 10 more than Newcastle?

Edited by Pacinofan

South East of Leeds, Featherstone, Ponty etc come under Wakefield Borough and they are most definitely east of Leeds. Splitting hairs there to be honest. It's no good having Britain's biggest exclusive catchment area though when you can't exploit it due to the lack of importance of football in that area. Christ, by their own admittance they weren't even filling Elland Road when they won the league. You should visit waccoe where a small portion of the clubs followers are brutally honest of what their club are.

Oh right, so no-one regards Leeds as a big club because everyone looks at attendances first? Oh right, ffs you are unreal.

In their whole history have they finished in the top 10 more than Newcastle?

Absolutely not. I've just said they've spent more times out of the top flight, do you know anything about football at all?

Newcastle have finished in the top 10 54 times to Leeds 30. Why do you talk about football, with such pathetic knowledge and insight?

Absolutely not. I've just said they've spent more times out of the top flight, do you know anything about football at all?

Newcastle have finished in the top 10 54 times to Leeds 30. Why do you talk about football, with such pathetic knowledge and insight?

I'll take your word for it. In my lifetime though I remember Leeds being challengers lots of the time.

I don't think you're the right person to be preaching about knowledge and insight of anything.

I'll take your word for it. In my lifetime though I remember Leeds being challengers lots of the time.

I don't think you're the right person to be preaching about knowledge and insight of anything.

Of course I am, laughable your sentence in your previous post, a clear and present case of someone trying to be clever and ending up looking like a total twat. How anyone could presume Leeds would be top 10 more than us throughout history should never talk about the game again and disappear in disgrace.

So? Still exposes gaping gaps in your knowledge. Leeds hey day was 1965 to 1975. Since 1995 alone we've been involved in four title chases up till at least the March, Leeds NONE. In fact in your life time, I think you said you were 64? Leeds have been in the second tier for 31 of those.

South East of Leeds, Featherstone, Ponty etc come under Wakefield Borough and they are most definitely east of Leeds. Splitting hairs there to be honest. It's no good having Britain's biggest exclusive catchment area though when you can't exploit it due to the lack of importance of football in that area. Christ, by their own admittance they weren't even filling Elland Road when they won the league. You should visit waccoe where a small portion of the clubs followers are brutally honest of what their club are.

Wakey, Ponty etc, the majority of people there hate Leeds.

The cost to go see Leeds play is mental, its cheaper to go see the majority of Premiership teams than it is to watch Leeds v Posh or the like, I think that has a lot to do with the recent shite attendances. Added to that Bates hasnt supported their manages and has stripped their team of their best players.

Now, Colin Wanker is in I dont think he will do that, I think he will have some respect for him due to his record.

To get Leeds getting bigger attendances again they will need to get shut of Bates, get back in the Prem or at least have the prospect of that. They also need to spend a HELL of a lot of money on the Stadium as its a shit tip.

I remeber when I was a kid if we wanted to go see my brother who lived in Morley at a weekend we would go when Leeds were away. Now its no problem :lol:

We helped Leeds's demise in a way. We beat them to the 4th Champions League spot when they were banking on it to pay loans etc.

Wakey, Ponty etc, the majority of people there hate Leeds.

The cost to go see Leeds play is mental, its cheaper to go see the majority of Premiership teams than it is to watch Leeds v Posh or the like, I think that has a lot to do with the recent shite attendances. Added to that Bates hasnt supported their manages and has stripped their team of their best players.

Now, Colin Wanker is in I dont think he will do that, I think he will have some respect for him due to his record.

To get Leeds getting bigger attendances again they will need to get shut of Bates, get back in the Prem or at least have the prospect of that. They also need to spend a HELL of a lot of money on the Stadium as its a shit tip.

I remeber when I was a kid if we wanted to go see my brother who lived in Morley at a weekend we would go when Leeds were away. Now its no problem :lol:

We helped Leeds's demise in a way. We beat them to the 4th Champions League spot when they were banking on it to pay loans etc.

Bates is in no way worse than Ashley when we were relegated to be fair and neither were their tickets more expensive than ours.

You'd think Leeds fans would applaud Bates' prudential fiscal policies given the reason they're in the position they are is because of Ridsdale's ridiculous management and frivolous buying policy the first time. People should learn from the past, reminds me of when Liverpool fans stormed the gates in the Champions League Final in Athens.

Thats Leeds fans though. They still sing Anti Chelsea songs and anti Man Ure Songs, yet they havent played them other than cup games for years.

See Leeds actually made a £900,000 profit last year. From where they were that is a miracle. I think what it boils down to is Leeds fans don't like their present station, I do think Neil Warnock will take them forward though.

Of course I am, laughable your sentence in your previous post, a clear and present case of someone trying to be clever and ending up looking like a total twat. How anyone could presume Leeds would be top 10 more than us throughout history should never talk about the game again and disappear in disgrace.

So? Still exposes gaping gaps in your knowledge. Leeds hey day was 1965 to 1975. Since 1995 alone we've been involved in four title chases up till at least the March, Leeds NONE. In fact in your life time, I think you said you were 64? Leeds have been in the second tier for 31 of those.

No, not 64 or near it.

I said I'd take your word for it because I really can't be arsed checking out stats the way you do, but in reality I 'd have to go outside and check if you told me the sun is shining, so NUFC finishing 54 times in the top ten I'll take with a pinch of salt. That's not to say they haven't, just that the person saying it is untrustworthy.

You say since '95 alone, why? How many times, and let's do what you do, were you title challengers between '56 and '92?

No, not 64 or near it.

I said I'd take your word for it because I really can't be arsed checking out stats the way you do, but in reality I 'd have to go outside and check if you told me the sun is shining, so NUFC finishing 54 times in the top ten I'll take with a pinch of salt. That's not to say they haven't, just that the person saying it is untrustworthy.

You say since '95 alone, why? How many times, and let's do what you do, were you title challengers between '56 and '92?

Because the last 20 years is far more relevant you silly owld cunt. Everyone knows we were woefully mismanaged between the mid 50's and early 90's, it's not like it's a big secret. The same as everyone knows Liverpool fans were responsible for 39 deaths in Brussels in 1985. There's no point in dwelling on history though, the present is what matters, and my point that Leeds have spent more time outside the top flight than in it stands, as does all of the points you've made about Leeds which I've brutally dismantled.

Utter pish, you have Castleford, Skipton, Wakefield (a place where 300,000 people live), Ripon, York (where there are more t'Leeds fans than York City).

York has its own team, Castleford and Wakefield are exclusively rugby towns.You should know this Stevie

York has its own team, Castleford and Wakefield are exclusively rugby towns.You should know this Stevie

Thank you for your contribution J69. It was a telling one, and it will be noted.