Back to the future

Cant quite understand the likes of Fish still banging out 2 or 3 paragraph long posts and expecting a reasoned discussion.

The bottom line is this.

Say we had managed to get through to the final of the FA Cup and in two weeks time we won it. It would be without doubt, the best footballing moment of my 46 years.

Within 48 hours he would be on here belittling the achievement.

stop making things up man.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody wants a debate with you. People only talk to you in attempt to have you see sense and shut the fuck up. I'm sure you think they are enjoying healthy debate, but they're not - they want you to shut up. All of them. Get some self awareness ffs

Nobody wants a debate with you. People only talk to you in attempt to have you see sense and shut the fuck up. I'm sure you think they are enjoying healthy debate, but they're not - they want you to shut up. All of them. Get some self awareness ffs

ah. That buzzword again. Please tell me what is not true about what I've just told you about the CL qualification and Partizan etc ?

Have you not learned something when you read that ?

Cant quite understand the likes of Fish still banging out 2 or 3 paragraph long posts and expecting a reasoned discussion.

The bottom line is this.

Say we had managed to get through to the final of the FA Cup and in two weeks time we won it. It would be without doubt, the best footballing moment of my 46 years.

He is right though. We could qualify for the Champions League and win the FA cup and you would still come up with some ridiculous logic of why were in a worse position now than pre 2007.

The bottom line is this.

He is right though. We could qualify for the Champions League and win the FA cup and you would still come up with some ridiculous logic of why were in a worse position now than pre 2007.

he is completely wrong. Stop making things up about other posters.

The bottom line is this.

You put a downer on most things people say. I can't see why your so obsessed with the old owner, if he stayed we would of easily done a Leeds by now.

You put a downer on most things people say. I can't see why your so obsessed with the old owner, if he stayed we would of easily done a Leeds by now.

no we wouldn't.

no we wouldn't.

Got to say I don't think we'd have plummeted to their depths as our debt wasn't against players. However I do think we'd have struggled financially and we would have been relegated. The inescapable facts are, that for the kind of spending the old regime could provide, the transfer policy was unsustainable. We would have been relegated and we'd not have returned with the same potency as we have.

The old regime had it's good times, but it certainly contributed to it's own downfall. It's also guilty of some of the same crimes the current regime has been. Idiotic managerial appointments/firings. Moronic behaviour off the pitch and on the back pages. Intolerable treatment of legends.

I'm grateful for the ascension from doldrums to the dizzy heights, but it cannot be argued that we were not already in a steady decline when the ownership changed hands. Many players on inflated wages, and those players lacking in either the quality or the commitment to the cause.

Leazes, you've no evidence that this policy won't work for Newcastle United. It has worked for Arsenal. The only club in the league that is contemporarily successful without being bankrolled or without being Manchester United.

"in professional baseball it still matters less how much money you have than how well you spend it" - Moneyball: The art of winning an unfair game by Michael Lewis.

I've said that on numerous occasions, so I agree, a manager lives or dies by how he spends his money. The point is, will it be spent at all ?

Edited by LeazesMag

• 2 years later...

Nobby just named his favourite teammates from his career.

Shay Given; Aaron Hughes, Nikos Dabizas, Jorge Bermudaz, Rodolfo Arruabarrena; Gary Speed, Juan Roman Riquelme; Kieron Dyer, Diego Maradona, Laurent Robert; Alan Shearer

Formation: 4-2-3-1

After the likes of Sean Longstaff and Stefan Broccoli starred for the second string last week, Newcastle United Under-18 coach Dave Watson says his talented crop of youngsters can only benefit from making the step-up in standard.

In-form midfielder Longstaff, who has caught the eye for Watson's side this season, helped himself to a hat-trick as the Magpies' under-21s demolished Northern League Division Two outfit Team Northumbria in the Northumberland FA Senior Cup, with Academy teammates Broccoli and Dan Ward also on target.

And Watson believes their performances for Peter Beardsley's team and the experience of playing at a higher level will have given them the impetus to push on and develop from here on in.

"They played last week against Team Northumbria in the cup, and they did great. Sean was exceptional, scoring a hat-trick and Dan Ward scored one, Stefan scored one, so it'll do their confidence the world of good," said Watson.

"It's always going to be a help - the better players you play with, the better standard you get to. That's what brings you on, and with us going to Manchester United last Friday with our young side, it was a great performance and you've got to really step up against the better teams."

United slipped to a 2-0 defeat against the Red Devils in the Barclays Under-18 Premier League tie at Altrincham's J. Davidson Stadium on Friday night in what was Watson's youngsters' first competitive outing in three weeks.

The Everton legend says the break has given some of his injured charges a chance to regain full fitness, and that a pause in the fixture schedule means there has been more time for his side to hone their technical skills.

"They've been in training, so it's not as if they've been sitting at home with nothing to do, but the break has been nice," he said.

"It's given the lads who have been injured a little bit of time to get back in time for the games coming back around, so in that way it was a good little break for us.

"It's more or less the same programme we're on. It's not as intense but you can get a bit more technical work done."

I really want Stefan Broccoli to make it, just because of his name.

And is he any relation to Cubby?

It'll be a while yet, he's still quite green.