Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

As I mentioned many times, Liverpool fans are the worst in football, Champions League as recently ago as 18 months, just over 17,000 home fans could be arsed to go last night at TEN POUND a ticket. They'd get 20,000 if they had our recent past, the fans are deserting them, there was never a need for a new stadium, 45,000 is probably too big for them as it is.

Once their worldwide appeal goes, what have they got? Serious question, they've got Torres, Gerrard and Reina of any worth, an impossible mountain of debt, and no money for new players. Shame.

Agreed. They're fucked basically, in a downward spiral. I expect John Lennon airport to have a drop in demands for scandinavian flights over the coming years.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned many times, Liverpool fans are the worst in football, Champions League as recently ago as 18 months, just over 17,000 home fans could be arsed to go last night at TEN POUND a ticket. They'd get 20,000 if they had our recent past, the fans are deserting them, there was never a need for a new stadium, 45,000 is probably too big for them as it is.

Once their worldwide appeal goes, what have they got? Serious question, they've got Torres, Gerrard and Reina of any worth, an impossible mountain of debt, and no money for new players. Shame.

Liverpool have got to have been one of the luckiest teams I've ever seen, I just know they'll come out of whatever shite they're in smelling of roses. I''ll also point out for any scouse reds reading this that as well as the luck they've had through the years, they've also had a couple of very good sides, especially the Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge 88-89 side. The West Ham cup final, the Arsenal one and the above all, the CL win against Milan, how fucking undeserved were those trophy wins?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Liverpool have got to have been one of the luckiest teams I've ever seen, I just know they'll come out of whatever shite they're in smelling of roses. I''ll also point out for any scouse reds reading this that as well as the luck they've had through the years, they've also had a couple of very good sides, especially the Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge 88-89 side. The West Ham cup final, the Arsenal one and the above all, the CL win against Milan, how fucking undeserved were those trophy wins?

Luckiest team ever in human history. In fact the luckiest entity, more lucky than that air hostess in Brazil who fell 35,000 feet out of a plane door and landed on a trampoline a few years back. Once or twice is it they've made Cup Finals without playing a top flight team. I think the karma is going to even itself out though, and HEYSEL will come back to bite them 25 years late, and perhaps their luck is floating north across the pennines.

Luckiest team ever in human history. In fact the luckiest entity, more lucky than that air hostess in Brazil who fell 35,000 feet out of a plane door and landed on a trampoline a few years back. Once or twice is it they've made Cup Finals without playing a top flight team. I think the karma is going to even itself out though, and HEYSEL will come back to bite them 25 years late, and perhaps their luck is floating north across the pennines.

They'll get pulled out the shite. Hope they don't, but some foreigner without a clue will buy them out, lets just hope its another shyster that does the buying/borrowing to get them.

With you reading so much about Liverpool Football Club you'd know of course that thousands of ST holders have been boycotting cup games for the last two seasons. Unfortunately having such a big fan base means that it doesn't make as big an impact as most would hope. It seems to be getting through a bit more now though. Can't make out what you're saying about the CL game but no doubt, as usual, every last thing you state as 'fact' about LFC has to be checked because of your fondness for making things up as you go along.

To your alter ego - You talk shite as well.

Maybe this Wall Street Journal article will help you understand the war the fanbase are waging on all fronts.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0757773784.html

A Texas Tycoon Learns a Lesson: Don't Mess With Liverpudlians

Tom Hicks Owns Flailing U.K. Soccer Club; Fans Take Anger to the Bank—Literally

By DAVID ENRICH And GREGORY ZUCKERMAN

In the old days, English soccer hooligans settled scores with knives and broken bottles. As Texas billionaire Tom Hicks is learning this week, the weapons of choice these days—camera phones, Twitter and spam emails—can be almost as scary.

Adam Eljarrah, top, was able to greet the team's owner with an angry poster in New York via a global fan network including Alan Kayll in Liverpool, bottom.

Mr. Hicks, co-owner of England's hallowed Liverpool FC, is on the run from a mob of angry fans who blame him for the team's tailspin. The 118-year-old club was one of England's best when he bought it in 2007. Since then, the crippling debt load he took on to buy Liverpool has strained the team's finances and contributed to its woes on the pitch.

Now, Liverpool faithful are waging a fierce campaign to evict the American owner. Their strategy: Scare away banks and other financiers who might throw Mr. Hicks a lifeline, starving Mr. Hicks of needed cash and forcing him to sell. To do that, they are using the tools of the digital age to track Mr. Hicks' efforts to drum up money, then bombard would-be lenders with thousands of irate emails, phone calls and Tweets.

On Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Hicks learned firsthand what it's like to be the prey in a digital hunt.

Around 3:40 p.m., as Mr. Hicks sat on a sidewalk bench in midtown Manhattan, he was spotted by Liverpool native Paul Wilson. It occurred to Mr. Wilson, a 35-year-old financial consultant, that the offices of Deutsche Bank AG and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. were on the same street. He guessed that Mr. Hicks and his son, Tom Hicks Jr., might be visiting the banks to plead for funds.

So Mr. Wilson whipped out his BlackBerry, snapped some photos, and zapped the images to his wife, Erin McCloskey. Then he trailed Mr. Hicks walking into the lobby of the building that houses Deutsche.

"I didn't throw my coffee on him, but the thought did cross my mind," Mr. Wilson said Wednesday.

Ms. McCloskey quickly posted the photos on Twitter and explained the circumstances.

Over in Liverpool, the Hicks sighting was like an open-net goal for Alan Kayll, a 40-year-old cab driver who is a ringleader of the anti-Hicks campaign. Mr. Kayll quickly penned a form letter to J.P. Morgan and Deutsche officials urging them not to help Mr. Hicks refinance roughly £200 million ($313 million) that is owed to Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC, stemming from his purchase of the team.

"If you join Tom Hicks in raping and pillaging Liverpool Football Club, then you will be making a very powerful enemy," his letter read in part. "You are facing an energized, well-informed mass of Liverpool fans from around the world."

He posted the letter online, along with the email addresses of executives at Deutsche and J.P. Morgan.

An hour later, a senior J.P. Morgan executive had already received 30 emails from Liverpool fans, with new messages landing every few minutes. "It's totally viral right now," the executive said, deleting emails as they arrived. Public-relations staff at Deutsche said they received hundreds.

Neither bank is in talks with Mr. Hicks, said people familiar with the situation. Through a spokesman, Mr. Hicks declined to comment on Tuesday's events or his stewardship of the team.

The team's financial woes have hurt its performance. Liverpool finished last season in seventh place, a disaster for fans accustomed to being in England's top four. A team official said this week that the cost of servicing its debts is depleting club resources. Fans argue that makes it tougher to recruit top players.

Meanwhile, in Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon, the melee was just beginning. Adam Eljarrah, an 18-year-old Liverpool fan attending New York University, saw Ms. McCloskey's Twitter messages. He showed up outside Deutsche's skyscraper on Park Avenue. The pre-med freshman carried a poster, popular among Liverpool supporters in England, declaring that Mr. Hicks and his co-owner are "Not Welcome ANYWHERE."

Mr. Eljarrah says he loitered outside the building for about 45 minutes, hoping to confront Mr. Hicks. Around 6:30 p.m., Mr. Hicks emerged. According to a person familiar with the incident, the younger Mr. Hicks spotted Mr. Eljarrah—identifiable in his red-and-white Liverpool scarf—and told a nearby cop: "This guy is trouble."

As the police officer intercepted Mr. Eljarrah, he says, he waved his sign and yelled, "Get out of our club!"

Liverpool fans aren't the only ones lashing out at American ownership. Manchester United fans have mounted a campaign against the family of American businessman Malcolm Glazer, which owns the team and has loaded it with debt.

In Liverpool, fans who are angling to remove Mr. Hicks are sporting scarves bearing a "Thanks But No Yank$!" slogan.

Lately, financial institutions have borne the brunt of Liverpool's rage. Fans have been flooding RBS with letters and phone calls urging the bank to seize the club and give Mr. Hicks the boot. Top executives' inboxes sometimes have been hit with several hundred emails per day.

A few weeks ago, some fans started a Facebook page encouraging people to boycott RBS. Mr. Kayll, the cab driver, drew up lists of financial institutions Mr. Hicks is believed to have approached, posting them on a website he helps run that urges fans to help oust Mr. Hicks.

The site features an image of a blood-drenched RBS logo. The site's motto: "We will go as far as we need to."

Despite the site's menacing slogan and graphic, Mr. Kayll says his group is "totally against violence. We're a group of passionate fans trying to save their football club. All professional people with families."

The campaign hit Stephen Schwarzman, the billionaire co-founder of Blackstone Partners, whose GSO Capital Partners hedge fund considered participating in a deal to help Mr. Hicks refinance the RBS loan. By Monday, GSO had backed out of the talks. A Blackstone spokesman, Peter Rose, said the emails (including thousands aimed at Mr. Schwarzman) didn't affect GSO's decision not to participate in the deal.

That wasn't the message Mr. Kayll got. Driving his cab in Liverpool Tuesday morning, he says he received a call from London-based GSO executive Michael Whitman. Mr. Kayll says Mr. Whitman told him GSO lost interest in part thanks to the pressure campaign. "He said, 'We understand the passion of Liverpool supporters and obviously took that into consideration,'" Mr. Kayll says.

Mr. Whitman didn't respond to requests for comment. Blackstone acknowledges that Mr. Whitman and Mr. Kayll spoke, but deny he said the email campaign forced GSO out of the deal.

Still basking in victory hours later, Mr. Kayll was euphoric when the Hicks photos from New York dropped into his lap. He crowed: "We know his every move."

Guest Tuco Ramirez

With you reading so much about Liverpool Football Club you'd know of course that thousands of ST holders have been boycotting cup games for the last two seasons. Unfortunately having such a big fan base means that it doesn't make as big an impact as most would hope. It seems to be getting through a bit more now though. Can't make out what you're saying about the CL game but no doubt, as usual, every last thing you state as 'fact' about LFC has to be checked because of your fondness for making things up as you go along.

Maybe this Wall Street Journal article will help you understand the war the fanbase are waging on all fronts.

A Texas Tycoon Learns a Lesson: Don't Mess With Liverpudlians

Tom Hicks Owns Flailing U.K. Soccer Club; Fans Take Anger to the Bank—Literally

By DAVID ENRICH And GREGORY ZUCKERMAN

In the old days, English soccer hooligans settled scores with knives and broken bottles. As Texas billionaire Tom Hicks is learning this week, the weapons of choice these days—camera phones, Twitter and spam emails—can be almost as scary.

Adam Eljarrah, top, was able to greet the team's owner with an angry poster in New York via a global fan network including Alan Kayll in Liverpool, bottom.

Mr. Hicks, co-owner of England's hallowed Liverpool FC, is on the run from a mob of angry fans who blame him for the team's tailspin. The 118-year-old club was one of England's best when he bought it in 2007. Since then, the crippling debt load he took on to buy Liverpool has strained the team's finances and contributed to its woes on the pitch.

Now, Liverpool faithful are waging a fierce campaign to evict the American owner. Their strategy: Scare away banks and other financiers who might throw Mr. Hicks a lifeline, starving Mr. Hicks of needed cash and forcing him to sell. To do that, they are using the tools of the digital age to track Mr. Hicks' efforts to drum up money, then bombard would-be lenders with thousands of irate emails, phone calls and Tweets.

On Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Hicks learned firsthand what it's like to be the prey in a digital hunt.

Around 3:40 p.m., as Mr. Hicks sat on a sidewalk bench in midtown Manhattan, he was spotted by Liverpool native Paul Wilson. It occurred to Mr. Wilson, a 35-year-old financial consultant, that the offices of Deutsche Bank AG and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. were on the same street. He guessed that Mr. Hicks and his son, Tom Hicks Jr., might be visiting the banks to plead for funds.

So Mr. Wilson whipped out his BlackBerry, snapped some photos, and zapped the images to his wife, Erin McCloskey. Then he trailed Mr. Hicks walking into the lobby of the building that houses Deutsche.

"I didn't throw my coffee on him, but the thought did cross my mind," Mr. Wilson said Wednesday.

Ms. McCloskey quickly posted the photos on Twitter and explained the circumstances.

Over in Liverpool, the Hicks sighting was like an open-net goal for Alan Kayll, a 40-year-old cab driver who is a ringleader of the anti-Hicks campaign. Mr. Kayll quickly penned a form letter to J.P. Morgan and Deutsche officials urging them not to help Mr. Hicks refinance roughly £200 million ($313 million) that is owed to Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC, stemming from his purchase of the team.

"If you join Tom Hicks in raping and pillaging Liverpool Football Club, then you will be making a very powerful enemy," his letter read in part. "You are facing an energized, well-informed mass of Liverpool fans from around the world."

He posted the letter online, along with the email addresses of executives at Deutsche and J.P. Morgan.

An hour later, a senior J.P. Morgan executive had already received 30 emails from Liverpool fans, with new messages landing every few minutes. "It's totally viral right now," the executive said, deleting emails as they arrived. Public-relations staff at Deutsche said they received hundreds.

Neither bank is in talks with Mr. Hicks, said people familiar with the situation. Through a spokesman, Mr. Hicks declined to comment on Tuesday's events or his stewardship of the team.

The team's financial woes have hurt its performance. Liverpool finished last season in seventh place, a disaster for fans accustomed to being in England's top four. A team official said this week that the cost of servicing its debts is depleting club resources. Fans argue that makes it tougher to recruit top players.

Meanwhile, in Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon, the melee was just beginning. Adam Eljarrah, an 18-year-old Liverpool fan attending New York University, saw Ms. McCloskey's Twitter messages. He showed up outside Deutsche's skyscraper on Park Avenue. The pre-med freshman carried a poster, popular among Liverpool supporters in England, declaring that Mr. Hicks and his co-owner are "Not Welcome ANYWHERE."

Mr. Eljarrah says he loitered outside the building for about 45 minutes, hoping to confront Mr. Hicks. Around 6:30 p.m., Mr. Hicks emerged. According to a person familiar with the incident, the younger Mr. Hicks spotted Mr. Eljarrah—identifiable in his red-and-white Liverpool scarf—and told a nearby cop: "This guy is trouble."

As the police officer intercepted Mr. Eljarrah, he says, he waved his sign and yelled, "Get out of our club!"

Liverpool fans aren't the only ones lashing out at American ownership. Manchester United fans have mounted a campaign against the family of American businessman Malcolm Glazer, which owns the team and has loaded it with debt.

In Liverpool, fans who are angling to remove Mr. Hicks are sporting scarves bearing a "Thanks But No Yank$!" slogan.

Lately, financial institutions have borne the brunt of Liverpool's rage. Fans have been flooding RBS with letters and phone calls urging the bank to seize the club and give Mr. Hicks the boot. Top executives' inboxes sometimes have been hit with several hundred emails per day.

A few weeks ago, some fans started a Facebook page encouraging people to boycott RBS. Mr. Kayll, the cab driver, drew up lists of financial institutions Mr. Hicks is believed to have approached, posting them on a website he helps run that urges fans to help oust Mr. Hicks.

The site features an image of a blood-drenched RBS logo. The site's motto: "We will go as far as we need to."

Despite the site's menacing slogan and graphic, Mr. Kayll says his group is "totally against violence. We're a group of passionate fans trying to save their football club. All professional people with families."

The campaign hit Stephen Schwarzman, the billionaire co-founder of Blackstone Partners, whose GSO Capital Partners hedge fund considered participating in a deal to help Mr. Hicks refinance the RBS loan. By Monday, GSO had backed out of the talks. A Blackstone spokesman, Peter Rose, said the emails (including thousands aimed at Mr. Schwarzman) didn't affect GSO's decision not to participate in the deal.

That wasn't the message Mr. Kayll got. Driving his cab in Liverpool Tuesday morning, he says he received a call from London-based GSO executive Michael Whitman. Mr. Kayll says Mr. Whitman told him GSO lost interest in part thanks to the pressure campaign. "He said, 'We understand the passion of Liverpool supporters and obviously took that into consideration,'" Mr. Kayll says.

Mr. Whitman didn't respond to requests for comment. Blackstone acknowledges that Mr. Whitman and Mr. Kayll spoke, but deny he said the email campaign forced GSO out of the deal.

Still basking in victory hours later, Mr. Kayll was euphoric when the Hicks photos from New York dropped into his lap. He crowed: "We know his every move."

He thinks Howmanheyman is me :lol:

Well the key point I was making was I hope you go bust, because you're a serious bunch of cunts by any standards.

...........Adam Eljarrah, top, was able to greet the team's owner with an angry poster in New York.........As the police officer intercepted Mr. Eljarrah, he says, he waved his sign and yelled, "Get out of our club!"

Neither bank is in talks with Mr. Hicks, said people familiar with the situation. Through a spokesman, Mr. Hicks declined to comment on Tuesday's events or his stewardship of the team..........

In Liverpool, fans who are angling to remove Mr. Hicks are sporting scarves bearing a "Thanks But No Yank$!" slogan.........

FIGHT THE POWER

How come when I see Scouse cunts on SSN saying "Hopefully we'll get the owners we need and deserve" there's no "deluded" backlash?

The owners they deserved would have been any of the cunts who destroyed Pompey.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
How come when I see Scouse cunts on SSN saying "Hopefully we'll get the owners we need and deserve" there's no "deluded" backlash?

The owners they deserved would have been any of the cunts who destroyed Pompey.

I'd go further they'd be the owners Middlesbrough had in 1985, or Maidstone United had in 1991. They deserve the worst, because there's not a more rancid club in football.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Probably buyers waiting in the wings for the bank to take over in Oct when they can get the club for 280m inststead of the 600m the greedy yanks are after.

I they'd take a modest profit on their investment. Liverpool are not a Manchester United in terms of value and never will be, they're an astonishingly succesful club in an area where they're not even the best supported team.

Probably buyers waiting in the wings for the bank to take over in Oct when they can get the club for 280m inststead of the 600m the greedy yanks are after.

I they'd take a modest profit on their investment. Liverpool are not a Manchester United in terms of value and never will be, they're an astonishingly succesful club in an area where they're not even the best supported team.

600m would only get them their money back!!!11 :lol::omgwank:

I am also wondering if and when the bank take over it will be classed as ADMINISTRATION and the docking of 9 points. :icon_lol:

I have to say that Wall St Journal article is just laughable. The idea that a bank would be deterred from making money out of a situation because of a few hundred fans sending angry emails, or some skank waving a poster, is just hilarious. The more likely scenario is it's a total money pit at the moment, in a downward spiral, Hicks is an over leveraged bad debt risk, and they won't touch him with a shitty stick. Furthermore for all the debt didn't they spend a shitload of cash under Benitez? I don't hate LFC at all but they seem to get an easy ride from the press.....

Edited by Kitman

It never fails to astonish me how little you actually know about the areas you act as though you know everything about. The only evidence is that which can be seen and heard on a daily basis, and with that in mind, your comments are truly shit. Everton have a good local fan base but I'd guess at a 60/40 split in favour of LFC in the city region overall.

Not that I think this is a good measure but at the lack of real facts it's one I'll use. Many a time when you go to an event here, be it musical or a party, there's usually some out of town singer who thinks a rendition of YNWA would be good finisher to the night (I'm sure you must have some who sing Blaydon Races in the same way) I can quite categorically say that there are more who join in than sit scowling. Also, it's mostly kids who wear team tops here and red outnumber blue there as well.

LFC have a very large world wide fan base and it's to the detriment of the club that so many local fans have been unable to get tickets over the years. Most feel that the club should serve L postcode fans as a priority but the club say it's a first come, first served, as long as you have first registered and paid with one of the schemes in place. Many Scousers reject this and refuse to be put on hold for an hour or so waiting to apply for a ticket they'd just like to go up to the ticket office window and collect for themselves. Doesn't stop them supporting the club though

I have to say that Wall St Journal article is just laughable. The idea that a bank would be deterred from making money out of a situation because of a few hundred fans sending angry emails, or some skank waving a poster, is just hilarious. The more likely scenario is it's a total money pit at the moment, in a downward spiral, Hicks is an over leveraged bad debt risk, and they won't touch him with a shitty stick. Furthermore for all the debt didn't they spend a shitload of cash under Benitez? I don't hate LFC at all but they seem to get an easy ride from the press.....

70 million net over 6 years.

600m would only get them their money back!!!11 :lol::omgwank:

I am also wondering if and when the bank take over it will be classed as ADMINISTRATION and the docking of 9 points. :icon_lol:

You're right about the people waiting in the wings Park Life. It just needs RBS to do what they're supposed to do.

There are lots of fans, myself included, who'd be glad to go in to administration and lose the 9 points. Anything to get rid of these two carpet baggers.

This article has it at £122m http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6888955.ece

This article has it at £122m http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6888955.ece

Check for yourself

Transfers

Guest Tuco Ramirez

It never fails to astonish me how little you actually know about the areas you act as though you know everything about. The only evidence is that which can be seen and heard on a daily basis, and with that in mind, your comments are truly shit. Everton have a good local fan base but I'd guess at a 60/40 split in favour of LFC in the city region overall.

Not that I think this is a good measure but at the lack of real facts it's one I'll use. Many a time when you go to an event here, be it musical or a party, there's usually some out of town singer who thinks a rendition of YNWA would be good finisher to the night (I'm sure you must have some who sing Blaydon Races in the same way) I can quite categorically say that there are more who join in than sit scowling. Also, it's mostly kids who wear team tops here and red outnumber blue there as well.

LFC have a very large world wide fan base and it's to the detriment of the club that so many local fans have been unable to get tickets over the years. Most feel that the club should serve L postcode fans as a priority but the club say it's a first come, first served, as long as you have first registered and paid with one of the schemes in place. Many Scousers reject this and refuse to be put on hold for an hour or so waiting to apply for a ticket they'd just like to go up to the ticket office window and collect for themselves. Doesn't stop them supporting the club though

Funny how Graeme Souness said on more than one occasion there are far more Everton fans on Merseyside than Liverpool, he'd have no reason to lie, I can believe it too when you look at your midweek gates. Everton's stay the same, yours go down generally speaking. Also speak to any Everton fan and in Liverpool they'll say it's 2:1 in their favour.

Just looking at Wankfa's signings in 2008/2009 :lol: everyone of them an unmitigated disaster.

03.07.2008 Philipp Degen Dortmund Free

04.07.2008 Andrea Dossena Udinese £7,000,000

11.07.2008 Diego Cavalieri Palmeiras £3,500,000

24.07.2008 David N'Gog Paris St Germain £1,500,000

28.07.2008 Robbie Keane Tottenham £19,000,000

31.08.2008 Albert Riera Espanyol £8,000,000

:icon_lol:

Don't say N'Gog is a success, we both know he'll be a bit player at Rennes in 5 years time.

Funny how Graeme Souness said on more than one occasion there are far more Everton fans on Merseyside than Liverpool, he'd have no reason to lie, I can believe it too when you look at your midweek gates. Everton's stay the same, yours go down generally speaking. Also speak to any Everton fan and in Liverpool they'll say it's 2:1 in their favour.

Just looking at Wankfa's signings in 2008/2009 :lol: everyone of them an unmitigated disaster.

03.07.2008 Philipp Degen Dortmund Free

04.07.2008 Andrea Dossena Udinese £7,000,000

11.07.2008 Diego Cavalieri Palmeiras £3,500,000

24.07.2008 David N'Gog Paris St Germain £1,500,000

28.07.2008 Robbie Keane Tottenham £19,000,000

31.08.2008 Albert Riera Espanyol £8,000,000

:icon_lol:

Don't say N'Gog is a success, we both know he'll be a bit player at Rennes in 5 years time.

...and little Aquilani 20m. :omgwank::D

Must be pretty close to 50:50 in Liverpool, possibly slightly more LFC, not surprising considering the massive success they've had. Given that success the attendances at Anfield are a disgrace though, there's no point in expanding because the seats won't be filled unless the club can somehow become the dominant force in English football again, which it won't. Also without doubt Anfield is one of the quietest grounds I have been to.

All this boycott stuff and 'first come, first serve' stuff sounds like an excuse too. If Liverpool had endured one tenth of what we have had, what would the crowds be?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Must be pretty close to 50:50 in Liverpool, possibly slightly more LFC, not surprising considering the massive success they've had. Given that success the attendances at Anfield are a disgrace though, there's no point in expanding because the seats won't be filled unless the club can somehow become the dominant force in English football again, which it won't. Also without doubt Anfield is one of the quietest grounds I have been to.

All this boycott stuff and 'first come, first serve' stuff sounds like an excuse too. If Liverpool had endured one tenth of what we have had, what would the crowds be?

No way on earth would they get 25,000 imo.

So Souness is your source of reference. Fucking hilarious, it really is.

So Evertonians think they outnumber reds, what's new? You believe whatever you like, or failing that make something up as is your wont.

Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market, the best about Rafa was that his mistakes rarely cost a lot of money. For a manager who brought in nearly a 150 million in CL earnings I'd say he had the right to make a few mistakes.

N'Gog is a decent squad player, no problem with that.