Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

Can't see any offers recently made coming off. LFC are simply not worth the quoted price.

Apart from the bid accepted by the board that Sonatine detailed a few posts above? :(

H&G will fight in court, they haven't accepted it.

They'll try, but doubt they'll be able to get it done before RBS pulls the plug and allows the sale to go through so they get their dosh back.

Sadly, was hoping the twats would crash and burn.

if that happens it's a -9. Lose-Lose for dippers. :icon_lol:

Doubt it, RBS will assume the club and immediately sell it on, no need for Administration, nice thought though

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when you think there's no more depth to the despise you can have for these people, they produce this.

Best laugh I've had in a while watching that. :(

John Power looks like he's reading off an autocue at 0.53 to 0.59 for some unfathomable reason because there sure as shit cant be one there.

Neil Fitzmaurice took a while before he piped up as well, disappointingly. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: How utterly cringeworthy, getting Mimi Maguire in to a studio to tell the yank "it's taaaaam to goeeeewww".

Pacinofan, what did I say that was factually incorrect you tool. There are sites out there that detail every transfer, fuck the net cost, £140m on players in 3 years and they're cunts?

Wholeheartedly agree Leazes, THE most plastically supported club in Britain, they're not Man Utd, if you take away the 70's and 80's which to be fair was an astonishing time for the club, they're not that big. Bigger than us in name and achievement some would say by far, in true fanbase though we totally dwarf them as will be seen should they have even 3 years of mediocrity.

Well if you ignore net spend it's not me who's a tool.

I know I should ignore the stupidity of the rest of your straw clutching post but anyway, taking away the 70's and 80's leaves us with 16 trophies. There's only the '10's, 30's and 50's decades we won nothing in.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Just when you think there's no more depth to the despise you can have for these people, they produce this.

John Power looks like he's reading off an autocue at 0.53 to 0.59 for some unfathomable reason because there sure as shit cant be one there.

Neil Fitzmaurice took a while before he piped up as well, disappointingly. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: How utterly cringeworthy, getting Mimi Maguire in to a studio to tell the yank "it's taaaaam to goeeeewww".

Pacinofan, what did I say that was factually incorrect you tool. There are sites out there that detail every transfer, fuck the net cost, £140m on players in 3 years and they're cunts?

Wholeheartedly agree Leazes, THE most plastically supported club in Britain, they're not Man Utd, if you take away the 70's and 80's which to be fair was an astonishing time for the club, they're not that big. Bigger than us in name and achievement some would say by far, in true fanbase though we totally dwarf them as will be seen should they have even 3 years of mediocrity.

I know I should ignore the stupidity of the rest of your straw clutching post but anyway, taking away the 70's and 80's leaves us with 16 trophies. There's only the '10's, 30's and 50's decades we won nothing in.

Straw clutching posts describes you. Do the 00's 20's and 60's not count like by the way? Up to the 70's the only decade we didn't win a trophy in in the 20th century was the 40's and a war may have had something to do with that.

Why do you think Liverpool the club and more specifically the fans are hated? Don't use the word jealousy, as you'll just come across as a bigger cunt.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Straw clutching posts describes you. Do the 20's and 60's not count like by the way? Why do you think Liverpool the club and more specifically the fans are hated? Don't use the word jealousy, as you'll just come across as a bigger cunt.

20's = 2 League titles

60's = 2 League titles and 1 FA Cup.

I've travelled all around England and Europe following Liverpool and met loads of fans who admire our team and get on very well with the fans.

Your hate borders on the insane and I've never come across such a jealous bile filled fan as you. No doubt there's lots of hate out there, it's what happens when your club is a winner.

Straw clutching posts describes you. Do the 00's 20's and 60's not count like by the way? Up to the 70's the only decade we didn't win a trophy in in the 20th century was the 40's and a war may have had something to do with that.

Why do you think Liverpool the club and more specifically the fans are hated? Don't use the word jealousy, as you'll just come across as a bigger cunt.

Just to answer your edit

1900-01, 1905-06 = 2 League titles

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Straw clutching posts describes you. Do the 20's and 60's not count like by the way? Why do you think Liverpool the club and more specifically the fans are hated? Don't use the word jealousy, as you'll just come across as a bigger cunt.

20's = 2 League titles

I've travelled all around England and Europe following Liverpool and met loads of fans who admire our team and get on very well with the fans.

Your hate borders on the insane and I've never come across such a jealous bile filled fan as you. No doubt there's lots of hate out there, it's what happens when your club is a winner.

There's not many people hate Barcelona or Arsenal. In the last two decades you've won one really big trophy, hardly the 14 Man Utd have. Your club was far more respected when you were winning things than you are now, by far even. I ask you again why do you think your fans are hated?

20's = 2 League titles

There's not many people hate Barcelona or Arsenal. In the last two decades you've won one really big trophy, hardly the 14 Man Utd have. Your club was far more respected when you were winning things than you are now, by far even. I ask you again why do you think your fans are hated?

So now it's the quality of trophy? PMSL. You're a bellend of the highest quality. You're the one who wanted to take away the 70's and 80' .

I'll tell you again, I haven't met with the hate that you talk about, and unless you're a closet reds fan you wouldn't have a clue of how we're treated in any town or country we go to. I haven't argued that we're not hated by some teams fans, I don't have a problem with it. It's what comes with being successful.

I love Barca too, it's because of the football they play and win trophies with, it's how all fans want their clubs to play.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

20's = 2 League titles

So now it's the quality of trophy? PMSL. You're a bellend of the highest quality. You're the one who wanted to take away the 70's and 80' .

I'll tell you again, I haven't met with the hate that you talk about, and unless you're a closet reds fan you wouldn't have a clue of how we're treated in any town or country we go to. I haven't argued that we're not hated by some teams fans, I don't have a problem with it. It's what comes with being successful.

I love Barca too, it's because of the football they play and win trophies with, it's how all fans want their clubs to play.

You're a bad biff as you dippers say. I ask you one more time, why do YOU think your fans are hated, in your heart do you understand what makes Liverpool fans to be vilified, why do you think most people can't stand your supporters and other hangers on? Can you answer the question or are you going to be shown up again by your ignorance and inability to answer it?

It's extremely arrogant to not know most people think you're a bunch of cunts, I'm being reasonable here, why do you think your support conveys that message of "we're utter blehhhhts".

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Fuck off, it one set of rules for them and one set for the rest. I hope Pompey takes the FA to court if they don't deduct the points for administration.

Like someone else said, if De Jong had broke Rooney's or Gerrard's leg the prick would be given a 6 month ban but the rest of us!!!

That just makes Pompey look more stupid - if vaguely competent people (business-wise) like Hicks, Ashley and the the Icelandic bloke knew to set up holding companies then so should they.

20's = 2 League titles

You're a bad biff as you dippers say. I ask you one more time, why do YOU think your fans are hated, in your heart do you understand what makes Liverpool fans to be vilified, why do you think most people can't stand your supporters and other hangers on? Can you answer the question or are you going to be shown up again by your ignorance and inability to answer it?

It's extremely arrogant to not know most people think you're a bunch of cunts, I'm being reasonable here, why do you think your support conveys that message of "we're utter blehhhhts".

PMSL at you again, I've answered you enough times now.

I DON'T COME ACROSS THIS MASSIVE HATRED YOU SAY IS OUR LOT, NOT IN ANY WAY CLOSE TO THE MEASURE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE BEING SHOWN UP HERE.

Are you saying that you've travelled with LFC fans and seen this level of hate you're talking about, or are you just doing your usual of making things up to suit what you personally want to be the truth?

You can be as reasonable as you want in your own little world, doesn't make all you say factual as you'ver already proved on numerous occasions.

Fuck off, it one set of rules for them and one set for the rest. I hope Pompey takes the FA to court if they don't deduct the points for administration.

Like someone else said, if De Jong had broke Rooney's or Gerrard's leg the prick would be given a 6 month ban but the rest of us!!!

There's a big difference though. Liverpool haven't taken the piss and haven't been living beyond their means, their financial problems are caused by the way their owners purchased the club. Pompey on the other hand were spending money that they didn't have and fully deserved the points deduction.

It'd be very harsh to punish the club for problems that weren't of their own making.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

20's = 2 League titles

PMSL at you again, I've answered you enough times now.

I DON'T COME ACROSS THIS MASSIVE HATRED YOU SAY IS OUR LOT, NOT IN ANY WAY CLOSE TO THE MEASURE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE BEING SHOWN UP HERE.

Are you saying that you've travelled with LFC fans and seen this level of hate you're talking about, or are you just doing your usual of making things up to suit what you personally want to be the truth?

You can be as reasonable as you want in your own little world, doesn't make all you say factual as you'ver already proved on numerous occasions.

Why repeat yourself you boring cunt. You can't answer the question because you don't like the answer. Last time why do you think Liverpool fans are hated?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
That video is pretty embarrassing though.

Pretty embarrassing???? It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in life, and honestly there's only them in world football who would do it. The most cringeworthy entity in world sport bar none. I think it's difficult to argue with that.

That video is pretty embarrassing though.

Pretty embarrassing???? It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen in life, and honestly there's only them in world football who would do it. The most cringeworthy entity in world sport bar none. I think it's difficult to argue with that.

:( I'd have said that but you can put it so much better.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
When you're asking the fella who used to play Jimmy Corkhill to be one of the celebrity fans then you're really scraping the barrel.

Mimi Maguire off Shameless made me laugh the most, a foul mouthed overweight depressive. That scouse kid with the fat face, how the fuck are Norwegians supposed to understand that? I refuse to believe that people don't have the intelligence to make themselves coherent, it's like a battle to make himself sound more scouse than Caddeh.

There's a big difference though. Liverpool haven't taken the piss and haven't been living beyond their means, their financial problems are caused by the way their owners purchased the club. Pompey on the other hand were spending money that they didn't have and fully deserved the points deduction.

It'd be very harsh to punish the club for problems that weren't of their own making.

I disagree. We didn't sign up for the fucking Ashley has put us the club through and remember the rumours about how he was going to send the club into administration to ensure some sort of return - how is that any different?

When Wist Ham got away with the same thing remember the public support for Wolves to take them and the FA to task for it?

Liverpool the club didn't stop spending on transfers, so how would it be harsh just because they've been fucked over by their owners?

Quote from: WaltonRed on Today at 10:45:48 AM

I'm not impressed one bit.

Looks like a case of out the frying pan into the fire to me. The view around the office where I work (a large investment bank) is that he doenst have the equity needed to help us to compete and that he will struggle to borrow the money needed to build the stadium.

I have very very vibes about this.

My guess is that Broughton and BarCap had expected to receive much more substantial bids from more substantial figures who are able to build the stadium and fulfil the other criteria set out back in May (or whenever it was). That hasnt materialized and worried about Hicks possibly refinancing they are jumping into the bed with the first person who has £300M cash, and ignoring the fact that he cannot invest in the squad, cannot build the new stadium and cannot take the club forward.

I think its a panic move which we will live to regret bitterly. :icon_lol:

NOTE: I am NOT saying he is the same as G&H as I DONT think he is buying us with borrowed money that he will put against the club. He is not evil like G&H. My concern is that he simply doesnt have big or deep enough pockets to be able to help us compete with the big boys. With him in charge we wont hurtle towards relegation as we are currently doing but we will end up becoming a mid table team with no hope of a new stadium and no hope of building a squad to match that of our rivals. Its a buy that will improve what we have but will leave us a long way from where we could be - or woudl have been had we sold to DIC in 2007.

The common consensus in 2007 was that Liverpool needed to sell to rich owners because it was the only way of building a new stadium (we arent Arsenal with the ability to sell hundreds of flat at £1M a pop) and keeping in touch with the bigger clubs.

As we know we did the opposite and ended up owing hundreds of millions.

This sale will "merely" take us back to where we were in 2007. We will still not have a stadium (and no promise of one), we will still be miles behind our rivals and we will still need to be incredibly lucky in the transfer market / home grown arena to compete. Now compared to G&H thats luxury but I think its worth stopping and considering what this means: in my opinion this will make us a Top 10 club but not a Top 4 club. Now thats better than where G&H are taking us but IF we want to be more than that these are NOT the right owners.

Plus, FWIW, our legal team reckon that G&H have got a very arguable case that he doesnt fit the requirements we publicly set out in May that ht new owner had to be able to fund a new stadium and invest in the squad. They reckon that we will win on not being able to replace Purlsow and Ayres but might lose on the fact that this sale does not benefit Liverpool Football Club according to our own previously stated requirements.

:(

I disagree. We didn't sign up for the fucking Ashley has put us the club through and remember the rumours about how he was going to send the club into administration to ensure some sort of return - how is that any different?

When Wist Ham got away with the same thing remember the public support for Wolves to take them and the FA to task for it?

Liverpool the club didn't stop spending on transfers, so how would it be harsh just because they've been fucked over by their owners?

Liverpool as a football club is not haemorraging money, I can't remember the details but iirc they were about breaking even. It was the interest payments that were killing them. If the situation was reversed then we'd be up in arms about a 9 point deduction and rightly so. Whether it's Liverpool or any other club, the team and the fans shouldn't pay because the owners made a bad decision in how to finance the purchase.