Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I couldn't give a fuck about Liverpool.

I am concerned about us and I don't see a lot to be happy about.

You're 6th top aren't you, better than where you were in 1987 anyway.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Sniffer's motto seems to be you should only laugh at those worse off than yourself. Explains why he's so miserable anyway.

:(

Hicks and Gillet are going to try to cling on to power as long as possible. Let's be frank, they made their investment before the financial crisis but like most foreign investors, they're still going to want a return. This is why foreign takeovers are so dangerous for our clubs. Most don't give a monkeys about what kind of shape the club is when they jump ship - exit strategy is all about a return on the investment. That's why I reckon this could be a long, ugly, bitter, protracted dispute. Hopefully will be even more embarrasment for Liverpool fans than we've had since Ashley took over

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I'm not saying I think Roy Hodgson is any good but pretty soon we'll start with the booing and we really WILL be Newcastle United! Is that what we should be aspiring to?

We've never called for a managers head after 7 games. In fact Gullit's record in 99/00 was 0 1 7, yet he got applauded in the car park when he left. I hate these cunts so much. The only manager I truly wanted rid of was Souness, and even then our patience was pushed so far, they wouldn't have put up with FSA CGS RG as long as we did that's a fact.

Newcastle never had our class, our quality, our history or our integrity. The comparison is lazy.

Their class, hounding a manager who brung them 6 trophies in 4 years, who had a heart attack and almost died, out of the club for ONLY coming 5th, then the next year HIS team win the biggest trophy of the lot. Their quality, don't know what that means but other than maybe 7 seasons they've had better sides than us over the last 50 years. Their history, up to 1971 we had a richer history than them they far suppass us now though so I'll give them that one.

Their dignity is the best one. No club in world football has the blood on their hands that they do. Callously causing the deaths of 39 innocent football fans in a cowardly charge, then having the audacity to blame, Chelsea, the stadium, the fuckin NF and everyone but themselves. Cowardly stealing tickets off their own fans on the biggest night of their lives in Athens. Now I make no bones about this we are better people than them, this has never and would never happen with us so it can't be dismissed as high spirits. Also do they not learn, they lost 96 of their own and stormed the gates in Athens, there were many thousands more in the ground than should have been. They are the most downtrodden set of wanks this country has ever or will ever know, fuckin dignity, the utter ignorance is astonishing.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I don't know how anyone would have the heart to steal someones ticket, proper proper scum. The lowest of the low, and I know they live in a shithole, but that's no excuse, you're born good or bad.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
They must have more 'divine righters' than any other club out there like.

I know it's been said a million times but by definition we have a far more loyal numerous local fanbase than they could hope to have. If they had a spor of the kick in the teeths that we've had, they'd go in to utter melt down, which is why the hypocrisy of them with regards to slagging us off for booing decisions like taking an attacking player off and bringing a defensive player on when we're 0-2 down at home is all the more gauling. If they went 3 seasons outside the top 10, their gates would be circa 20,000. Sometimes I think I hate them more than the mackems.

They must have more 'divine righters' than any other club out there like.

I know it's been said a million times but by definition we have a far more loyal numerous local fanbase than they could hope to have. If they had a spor of the kick in the teeths that we've had, they'd go in to utter melt down, which is why the hypocrisy of them with regards to slagging us off for booing decisions like taking an attacking player off and bringing a defensive player on when we're 0-2 down at home is all the more gauling. If they went 3 seasons outside the top 10, their gates would be circa 20,000. Sometimes I think I hate them more than the mackems.

They're having a go at us now as well (as seen with the special needs lad who's been on here of late) because they aren't really competing with the likes of Man Utd these days. I.e. their traditional rivals. You'd struggle to meet a more arrogant set of supporters. I know they'll finish above us but I see some dark days ahead for them unless they get some sugar daddy taking them over as they're seemingly dependent on CL qualification from a financial viewpoint as well as holding onto players like Torres.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
But remember, we're the deluded ones.

It's the ex players as well they're all sucked in to believing they're special. Phil Thompson the other night cliche tastic "der new ownehs oo came in 2 thaaaaasun n sevun dey downt understand what de club means to dis citeee". What the fuck does that mean. I can categorically state Newcastle United means more to Newcastle upon Tyne, than Liverpool does to Liverpool.

Pacino Fan,

As I'm sure you're aware, your mate Tom Hicks has a bit of 'history' on Tyneside after he got rid of hundreds of workers at Via Sytems South Shields & Longbenton sites and tried his damnest to wriggle out paying them any compensation or redundancy.

I know people (both Newcastle & Sunderland supporters) who protested against this both on Tyneside and in Liverpool before matches against you.

Both sets of supporters have told me that in every case the scousers laughed at them, took the piss and waved their stars & stripes flags in their faces.

If you're looking for sympathy from the geordies & mackems then you'll have a fucking long wait I'm afraid.

whenever I see a back pass to the goalkeeper (not being able to pick the ball up) it reminds me of the demise of LFC. It was that rule change along with the 3 points for a win that changed football for the better and broke their years of success.

Their style of play wasn’t route one but the drawing for the title and keeping the ball via the goalkeeper tactics was very successful, it was also extremely tedious. The rules changed and the ‘Liverpool way’ was gone and football changed for the better. Try as they have to do it differently, they haven’t succeeded.

...and the ball’s been passed back to Reina.... hahaha cry into your pan of scouse.

Liverpool could face points deduction

Liverpool are likely to face a nine-point deduction if parent company Kop Holdings goes into administration.

League rules say a deduction can be applied if a parent company insolvency is caused by the club's management.

Sources suggest owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett would struggle to argue that the running of the football club has not affected the holding company.

Liverpool could enter administration if a sale to the owners of the Boston Red Sox is not completed by 15 October.

If Hicks and Gillett manage to block a £300m takeover of the club by New England Sports Ventures (NESV), their holding company could be put into administration by the Royal Bank of Scotland as a result of their £280m debts.

The Premier League board, which comprises chief executive Richard Scudmore, chairman Sir Dave Richards and secretary Mike Foster, would then decide whether to dock points.

Liverpool are already in the bottom three of the Premier League after a dismal start to the season, amassing only six points from their opening seven games.

Initially, it was thought the Reds would avoid a points penalty but the club now faces the very real possibility of a deduction if a sale to NESV is delayed.

Liverpool's fate rests on the outcome of a declaratory judgement in the High Court next week over whether the club can be sold to NESV despite the objection of the club's owners.

An appeal is likely regardless of the High Court ruling, with no outcome likely before the 15 October refinancing deadline set by RBS, the club's major creditor.

RBS will have the choice to waive their demand for repayment until the legal dispute is finalised, or call in the debt and place the parent company into administration.

Portsmouth became the first Premier League club to enter administration earlier this year and automatically received a nine-point reduction, condemning them to relegation.

In a similar case, West Ham avoided a penalty when their holding company went into administration in 2009.

That is because the London club was just one of several interests in the portfolio of Straumur, the Icelandic bank.

However, also in 2009, Southampton were docked 10 points by the Football League after their parent company Southampton Leisure Holdings went into administration, as a League investigation found they were "inextricably linked as one economic entity". That was a decision taken by the Football League rather than the Premier League.

Meanwhile, John W Henry and the other directors of NESV are expected to pass the league's new 'owners and directors' test, making official approval of the takeover a formality.

Tbh, if they had to take the hit one season, they'd probably do it this one. Unlikely to qualify for the CL anyway and even -9 pts probably won't see them in danger of being relegated.